3.5 outboards aussi

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey buddy, if you like wood (so to speak)I have a special set of sponsons to adapt to your center section for some testing!

All right Aussie outboard people, the rule submission for A O/B sport tunnel to replace B stock O/B tunnel is now up for a vote from the membership. The vote form is on the AMPBA site now, and it's proposal number 4.

Please get your votes in and don't assume it will just happen without your input!

Tim.

Congrats to Daniel Schaffer for winning A O/B Tunnel at the NSW Titles in Hunter Valley! Even with the 'plug of death'!!
default_tongue.png

Thanks to Tim D for lending me his boat, was great fun to race it!
default_cool.png

Fellas I need some info about 90/101 engines being adapted to current outboard legs available today ,,anyone had any experiences and success? I remember some info about adapter plates being made in use by someone but it was a few years ago I cant seem to find info... I K,Retallick has made a few conversions but has anyone got info on performance etc,,,,I just exploring a new project ,,,

David

Fellas I need some info about 90/101 engines being adapted to current outboard legs available today ,,anyone had any experiences and success? I remember some info about adapter plates being made in use by someone but it was a few years ago I cant seem to find info... I K,Retallick has made a few conversions but has anyone got info on performance etc,,,,I just exploring a new project ,,,

David
David, Check with Brad Spencer on here. He's got something like what you are asking about.

Hope your not working too hard, have a good one Kris.
Kris, work hard.... I don't think there has been a day that he hasn't answered the phone each time I call.

I guess it is hard work being the office boy. At least you get aircon and time for boat designs. That could be classed as hard work...

All the best once again mate.

Talk to you on the weekend.

Dave

Great racing and great conditions(except for the last heat of A OB).

Alot of proven racers and boats in the field, however the Moyle Breakthrough machine in 3.5cc outboard was the standout in my opinion. He won 3 out of the 4 heats with excellent pace and handling. The 4th and final heat presented some very windy weather and choppy water, my Lynx/OS did a Bradbury which chalked up enough points to take the win for the weekend.

Impressive mix of hull/engine combos as below:

1. Stirton Vision/Nova
2.Cox - Vision/Nova
3 Moyle - Breakthrough/Go
4.Flynn - Vision/Nova
5.L. Flynn - Vision/OS
6.Cortis - Breakthrough/K&B
7.Spencer - Lynx/OS
8.Cronk - Cobro/OS
9.Marshall - Vision/OS
10.Kessing - HTB/Nova

Congratulations to Kris Flynn who took home the bacon in B(7.5cc) outboard.

Boy, that must hurt having to say that Brad haha...i saw the trophy from the last time we battled it out 2 years ago...it was nearly like that again!

BRING ON THE NATIONALS!!!!!!!!!!

That Breakthrough handled the conditions nicely, i know his pain of winning 3 from 4 and dropping heat (way too often i might add!!!!). it is amazing how much the conditions change from 1 heat of 1 OB to the second, as our heat was not too bad in the 4 round
default_smile.png
and that i bet Louise by 1m to the finish line which gave me more points to beat here for the 3rd place tophy in A OB and she got 3rd haha

Back