3.5 outboards aussi

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim,

Should build yourself a swamp boat for racing at the HV champs then.

Thats 2 years in a row it has rained.

I just hope that my shaft holds together for a bit longer.

Will chat to who ever is there on the day to see who has them.

Thanks

David

I've been to at least 8 HV champs, and if it's not raining it's sunburn city! Doesn't seem to matter what time of year it's held either - the weather "finds it".

ALWAYS a good event though!

Tim,

Got a great servo for the tunnel. Turns it no worries now. Very responsive. I went digital and a am very happy. I have not run my tunnel for some time now as i was that dissapointed with how it handled in the turns that i just gave up on it. The new servo has sparked my interest with my tunnel again. Cannot wait to get down to penrith and have a run with you guys.

Just wanting to know what are the race times you guys are doing and the speed of some of the boats?

I know the lynx is quick, but im interested in gregs and others 3.5's. (villain hulls mostly)

Just want to get an idea on race time so i have enough battery juice to get me to the end. Thats if im still able to put it out there with the other 3.5OBT. I dont mine if i dont run round with the others.

Looking fwd to the weekend, just turn on that great wether like at winter spec.

David

Kris

Yeah - last year :eek:

LOL - no trash talking.

Im the most scared

Dont know when to launch the boat. :blink:

I do know that my cells are going to last 1min 40seconds. After that, they will get far to hot. Still have some power and keep going but they will cook if run for much longer. Could be different on the big oval as i spent half my time in the turns at the testing lake as the oval is so small. And we all know props load up in the turns.

Im just going to have a fun weekend. Pearl jam concert saturday night sydney, then boating sunday with the penrith guys then pearl jam concert newcastle sunday night. Back to sydney monday to catch up with shane and peter at manily dam for some fun boating.

David

A 1.50 heat is about the norm for the faster "stock" motor'ed boats - although 1.30ish has been done by the piped ones. Add 30 seconds mill time to that and you have your minimum run time required. ( we have to run to a pit time / mill time clock, just like we have to complete a full lap before doing a 1/2 course mill)

Digi servo's can be hard on RX packs as they draw more current holding position than a conventional servo. You might want to keep an eye on RX pack voltage if you are running one.

Tim

Yeah i got a 1200mah receiver pack in there.

I ran it for 8 racers at winter spec with a standard servo in my mono and LSH and still had heaps left in the 1200 pack. I will however watch how it goes with this digital servo. It should be ok to get a days racing out of it just in the tunnel.

So Tim, with niro/gas you have 2 mins pit time at the end no more boats on the water. Followed by 30seconds of mill time, then 30 seconds till start of race. Is that correct. I can never remember.

When would you expect me to go in?

David

Tim

Yeah i got a 1200mah receiver pack in there.

I ran it for 8 racers at winter spec with a standard servo in my mono and LSH and still had heaps left in the 1200 pack. I will however watch how it goes with this digital servo. It should be ok to get a days racing out of it just in the tunnel.

So Tim, with niro/gas you have 2 mins pit time at the end no more boats on the water. Followed by 30seconds of mill time, then 30 seconds till start of race. Is that correct. I can never remember.

David
Before end of mill time, just before they say, "no more boats in the water"!, without trying to be smart. Although I could be wring.

MJ

So Tim, with nitro/gas you have 2 mins pit time at the end no more boats on the water. Followed by 30seconds of mill time, then 30 seconds till start of race. Is that correct. I can never remember.

David
2 minutes of pit time, followed by 30 seconds of mill time, and at the completion of that 30 seconds of mill time the race starts. To answer your question - You would have to be on the water by the end of pit time - so 30 seconds before the start. Enough for a lap out wide to hit the start.

We have a provision to jump to the 30 seconds (effectively ending pit time) if all boats have completed a lap during pit time and everyone agrees, but that rarely happens in A O/B 'cos a lot of us deliberately start late (I do it because I have a small fuel tank in it!) If we know you are going to put yours in at the 30 second call we can factor that in before the race...

You might want to prop down for the first heat to get an idea of how much you have in your cells without cooking it.

Tim.

no worries

Ill get it moving at the end of pit time.

So does that mean i can take off, and just putt along out wide and then be at the start/finish line when the hooter sounds for start of race? Id be happy with that, just depends on you guys.

I will prop down, I do know that the boat is faster than the e-mono i ran a WS and they finish in 1.50. So i should make the distance ok with a smaller prop. Will soon find out. It kinda sux not having a full size oval to test on. Once we clean the rest of the weed out of our new lake, hopefully we can put a bigger oval in there.

david

NSW titles - 8th-10th December at Penrith. Who's running a tunnel?

Tim,

I'll see how I go at this Sunday's Club Race. If I come out in one piece I'll see if I can muster up the courage to put my TS2/CMB .21 into the NSW Titles.

Regards,

James

Good stuff guys!

Gino - did you send an entry form in yet? Why aren't you entering the scale?

James - bring a completed entry form with you on Sunday - I'm sure you will do OK on the day.

Tim.

Bucky and Tim,

The Winston is nestled safely in the trailer. See how we go with it on Sunday arvo. Don't really want to be the cause of some serious 1/8 scale carnage!!!! BUT see how we go!!

I guess I'm feeling a bit like James in A outboard, but he'll be OK, so I guess, I will be too in 1/8 scale. Oh oh looks like I'm talking myself into it.

Gino

Last edited by a moderator:
Bucky and Tim,

The Winston is nestled safely in the trailer. See how we go with it on Sunday arvo. Don't really want to be the cause of some serious 1/8 scale carnage!!!! BUT see how we go!!

I guess I'm feeling a bit like James in A outboard, but he'll be OK, so I guess, I will be too in 1/8 scale. Oh oh looks like I'm talking myself into it.

Gino
Gino,

You'll be fine. Just be careful turning left :rolleyes:

ey guys i wont be there my next meeting will be 07 b.o.b

my dad just got a lapcat 7.5 hull now just got 2 find him a motor should be at b.o.b with it

laters dion

Last edited by a moderator:
Back