3.5 outboards aussi

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More space just means you end up accumulating more stuff! hehehe

30 square metres? thats a good sized workshop B)

Hi Guys

I can sort of understand the dilema althought the newer house I've been renovating has a double garage and workshop there just isn't enough room for all my stuff (crap the wife would say - ah yes but I tell her valuable crap) so I got her to agree that I can add a two car colourbond garage down the corner of the yard to work in (6X7m). Sometimes it really helps to have a sympathetic wife.

Hey Gary,

long time no see or hear. Good to see you've almost finished to house renovations. Yeah mate alot has changed in the Oz tunnel scene, and speaking for myself, I have actually acheived to go slower these days then when I very first started off !!!! :lol: :lol:

Take care mate and look forward to seeing you again

Gino

Craig do you play around with Gas motors?

Spoke to a guy in Melbourne that knows you i think B)

More space just means you end up accumulating more stuff! hehehe

30 square metres? thats a good sized workshop B)
Tim.... thats 30 square metres EXTRA!!!! I think the total will be about 65 square metres...

EMS Racing - gimme space...

Hey Gary,

long time no see or hear. Good to see you've almost finished to house renovations. Yeah mate alot has changed in the Oz tunnel scene, and speaking for myself, I have actually acheived to go slower these days then when I very first started off !!!! :lol: :lol:

Take care mate and look forward to seeing you again

Gino

Craig do you play around with Gas motors?

Spoke to a guy in Melbourne that knows you i think B)
Hehehe I got both kinds... Gas and Nitro...

I think most Melbourne boaters will know me.... probably for all the wrong reasons :blink:

Hi Craig

This guy i know runs a JetSki shop.

Tells me a guy comes around to test his fancy gas motors in his test tank

Craig..

i dont no what i'm getting myself into...

here we go.......

i did concreteing for 3 years and still do some on the side..

so give me a call and we might be able to do some business...

Hi Craig

This guy i know runs a JetSki shop.

Tells me a guy comes around to test his fancy gas motors in his test tank
Ummm no thats not me... no fancy engines here!!! only have 2 G231 engines and they are not fancy (well not on the outside anyways)...

Craig..

i dont no what i'm getting myself into...

here we go.......

i did concreteing for 3 years and still do some on the side..

so give me a call and we might be able to do some business...
Hey that would work!!! :)

Well the project has started and there is some crushed rock down already and some box work. I think we worked out about 5-6 m2 of concrete is required... if you have any contacts there that would really help!!! Otherwise I'll let you know when we are having a concreting party!!!

Cheerz

Well Done Dave! Another victory for "the SPP team" in A O/B tunnel!

James,

Sorry I couldn't hang around to lend you a hand - I'd had several calls from "she who must be obeyed". See you in a couple of weeks at the interclub!

Other A O/B tunnel news.

Both Ian's (outlaw) TS2 and Gerrard's Lynx were absolutely hauling yesterday - there are some very fast Stock A O/B tunnels running around the Penrith pond now. It's amazing what a difference the right prop can make to an otherwise stock OS engine! These guys are rookies to racing but are having a ball with some great boats.

I tried my WOF / TT with stumble blocks for the first time yesterday - completely different animal. Had to pull 60 grams of lead out of the front! Broke a propshaft assembly before I could try some different props

but it never once looked like blowing over.

Tim,

I gather from this post you put stumble blocks on the WOF Tiger and from the sound of it you were happy with the results??

I'm thinking about putting them on my TS2/CMBRS21 combo, is there any reason not to? I haven't actually had any handling problems yet, probably because I'm not going fast enough. But I will be soon.....

Unless there are advantages in not having the blocks installed it seems like they should be put on as a "insurance" against hooking in the turns.

Gino,

I discovered my steering issues on Sunday were caused by the servo control arm slipping on the splines. I've now replaced it with a "beefier" control arm and ready for an intensive development session at Narrabeen Lakes this Sunday.

BTW what's the prognosis on your K&B 7.5, terminal or recoverable ??

Regards,

James

James,

Yes and no. On flat water they were great. I had to remove some weight from the front as the pads seemed to induce porpoising with it in there. However, In the chop it totally changed the characteristics of the hull - i think I made the boat too light by removing the ballast from the front of the boat when the pads were implemented, and as a result it's CG is too far rearward.

I need to do some more balance testing in choppy water. I think this handling issue was not caused by the pads themselves, so I'm going to try some lead on there to fine tune the CG.

Tim.

Hi James,

good to hear you solved the steering issue. :D Hope the new "beefier" arm is not to solid. It's good to have a weak point in your steering - you saw what happened to me on Sunday - glad that the steering arm broke off the servo - saved alot of damage in my opinion.

The 7.5 :angry: - well hopefully I will have a rod by this Friday to drop in it - can't give Mr Mortlock a too easy of a run now can I ???? :lol: :lol:

Gino

Random drop in guy's :blink: .

I see things are going well, and I'm very pleased for everyone involved.

I was trying to catch up on everything going on but It's just too hetic. soooooooooooooooooooo much to read. I'll just see everyone one day when get back. When am I getting back? Hmmmm.......

I was thinking of selling my boat, if you know anybody that is keen or looking please let me know. I'll just start with the latest and fantastic when I stop travling so I think it's best that It stops colecting dust.

Cheers guys B) .

Chris

Hi Chris,

I see you haven't been deported yet! hahaha!

Mate - your WOF will still be competitive. Hold on to it until you get back.

Another dominant performance by Greg Mortlock in A and B O/B tunnel at the Hunter valley champs. Well done!

Hi Chris,

I see you haven't been deported yet! hahaha!

Mate - your WOF will still be competitive. Hold on to it until you get back.

Another dominant performance by Greg Mortlock in A and B O/B tunnel at the Hunter valley champs. Well done!
Tim

Did greg run the big boat to clear the water????

Yeah - he ran it on the friday. Just stayed well out of the way and let the open cat's run past on the inside.

It certainly got some interest from the crowd. Lot's of people asked questions about it & several people told Greg they wanted to buy one.

Congratulations to Greg Mortlock A & B Outboard HV Champion.

A few good drives and a couple of good boats!!! (and not a bad pit man either, if I do say so myself :p :p :p )

Well done mate!!!

Gino

How was the HV champs guys

Heard that it was wet, that about all.

Just wondering what servos you guys use on you A and B outboards. Im sick of doing in hitec 645 servos, and want to try a digital futaba. Running a spektrum radio so there should be no dramas. Just need something good before i bring my e-tunnel down to sydney in 2weeks.

Also who can i get a spare 3.5lawless strong arm flex shaft from when i am down there?

David

How was the HV champs guys

Heard that it was wet, that about all.

Just wondering what servos you guys use on you A and B outboards. Im sick of doing in hitec 645 servos, and want to try a digital futaba. Running a spektrum radio so there should be no dramas. Just need something good before i bring my e-tunnel down to sydney in 2weeks.

Also who can i get a spare 3.5lawless strong arm flex shaft from when i am down there?

David
Wet was an understatement. Mud like you wouldn't believe also! It was good fun though!

Servo's - I run a Hitec HS615MG (older model but it just won't die!). On MJ's boat which was a servo killer, he put in an Airtronics servo that has about 200oz of torque. (it's not a digital either!) He should be able to tell you which model it is.

You can use a K&B shaft in a lawless and vice-versa. Someone is bound to have one. I run TT's and those shafts won't fit your application so I'm no help to you.

Tim.

Back