3.5 outboards aussi

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jasper boat looks good but why the straight cut off fronts?

Pointy ones look like the real deal.

Can you make a 45"-48"tunnel?

The cut off fronts are a Design feture (functional reasons Somtimes drag is needed when the design is too slippery)

We have the techknowlagy to make anything???????????????

What do you need made?????

Last edited by a moderator:

The cut off fronts are a Design feture (functional reasons Somtimes drag is needed when the design is too slippery)

A tunnel to suit a 13cc K&B

I need somthing to keep up with the petrol boats

Too slipery!!!!!! I thought it was the anti bull@#*% protectors!

lookin good Jasper! i will get to drive mine at the first practice day!!!!!!!!

And the pre pre prototype that I set up and tested in sleepy Adelaide runs many types of props! lots of choices. It went in the water and went fast out of the box! But now we have a full glass boat it is going to need some adjusting.

Yea this all sound cool with me too give it a go.

Yes!!!!!!!! It is finally ready.......... After many late nights the pre production Stinger Pro-21 is ready to put into the water.

CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...album=494&pos=0
Nice looking boat. What are the dimensions?

~Mitch
Mitch,

Dimentions are

Length = 835mm

width = 350mm
Mate, it doesn't look tht big. But that is big!

Should be just the thing we need for the windy/rough conditions.

MJ

Yes!!!!!!!! It is finally ready.......... After many late nights the pre production Stinger Pro-21 is ready to put into the water.

~Mitch
Mitch,

Dimentions are

Length = 835mm

width = 350mm

MJ
Hi MJ

That was one of the main concerns with the tunnel, so we made sure it would suit our water conditions better.

BUt a 7.5 will go straight on the back as well as two 21's very flexible

~Mitch
Mitch,

Dimentions are

Length = 835mm

width = 350mm

MJ
Hi MJ

That was one of the main concerns with the tunnel, so we made sure it would suit our water conditions better.

BUt a 7.5 will go straight on the back as well as two 21's very flexible
Yep I was gonna say that sounds like a 7.5 tunnel when compared to Mr. Carl Van Houten's Shamen. Should be a great rough water/ heat racing boat as a 3.5 which is really what you need to win races. Again great looking boat. Keep us updated as to how it works.

~Mitch

Re: the 2006 winter spectacular classes.

Same as last year with a few exceptions;

Addition of A O/B tunnel, Electric Mono, Electric Sport Hydro, and Petrol Sport hydro. (combined 25cc and open). The Winter Spectacular has always been a Hydro and Mono only event so we have added the new growth hydro and mono classes.

A O/B tunnel has been added for a few reasons, mostly because this class is growing at an exceptional rate at the moment (BotB for example) and we also had a generous offer from SPP to sponsor the class if we held it. A lot of the progress our club has made in recent times comes down to the hard work of some of our newer members - the ones with A O/B tunnels and electrics in particular.

Re Speeds of MJ's Lynx.

My last Nova powered tunnel ran consistently at 51mph - and it is not even close to the speeds of MJ'S boat. I know this because I helped build and set it up, and have probably driven it about 20 times. I would guestimate it's running close to 90kph when it second stages in heat race trim. The prop used and rpm's it does with it suggest it's capable of 100kph when trimmed differently (loose). I guess we will find out for sure when it goes to a straightline event.

Having said all that - 75 - 80kph is fast enough if consistent - look at the Villain's success.

Might have a problem getting my lawless fixed in time for the nats!!! has anyone got a spare lower end square drive thingy they can lend me for the nats??? Dion you have one i can use in the old lawless leg? Anyone??

Craig is tied up while house stuff is being done and we are unsure of getting one to me in time.

Mine broke and split into pieces where the square flex shaft goes in. I need to get it to Jasper as soon as i can

If its a stock unit i will need to find 2 but if its the after market one then this one will last the nats

getting one from the US will ne get here in time due to public holidays etc

Thanks

Dave

Re: the 2006 winter spectacular classes.

Same as last year with a few exceptions;

Addition of A O/B tunnel, Electric Mono, Electric Sport Hydro, and Petrol Sport hydro. (combined 25cc and open). The Winter Spectacular has always been a Hydro and Mono only event so we have added the new growth hydro and mono classes.

A O/B tunnel has been added for a few reasons, mostly because this class is growing at an exceptional rate at the moment (BotB for example) and we also had a generous offer from SPP to sponsor the class if we held it. A lot of the progress our club has made in recent times comes down to the hard work of some of our newer members - the ones with A O/B tunnels and electrics in particular.

Re Speeds of MJ's Lynx.

My last Nova powered tunnel ran consistently at 51mph - and it is not even close to the speeds of MJ'S boat. I know this because I helped build and set it up, and have probably driven it about 20 times. I would guestimate it's running close to 90kph when it second stages in heat race trim. The prop used and rpm's it does with it suggest it's capable of 100kph when trimmed differently (loose). I guess we will find out for sure when it goes to a straightline event.

Having said all that - 75 - 80kph is fast enough if consistent - look at the Villain's success.
I hope your event will be as great as the tunnel OB champs in South Caralina. Hope to see some great pics and vids.

Ronald.

Might have a problem getting my lawless fixed in time for the nats!!! has anyone got a spare lower end square drive thingy they can lend me for the nats??? Dion you have one i can use in the old lawless leg? Anyone??

Craig is tied up while house stuff is being done and we are unsure of getting one to me in time.

Mine broke and split into pieces where the square flex shaft goes in. I need to get it to Jasper as soon as i can

If its a stock unit i will need to find 2 but if its the after market one then this one will last the nats

getting one from the US will ne get here in time due to public holidays etc

Thanks

Dave

Thanks to MJ, dave will be running a tunny at the nats

Thanks Mate

Dave

My Vote is for OPEN 'IF' people decide to run bigger boats...better to have say 10+ odd sized boats rather than 3-4 of each (just re-stating the obvious)

Kris

Hey all,

Look out the first Team Jassp STINGER-PRO21 was poped out of the molds today.............Looking awsome. pics to follow later.

To answer the Question.

Yes Jase and Dave will be running Glass STINGER-PRO21 tunnys at the Nationals.

(PRODUCTION PROTOTYPES)
Hmmmm.... maybe I should bring my Stinger 21 hydro.... LOL

Yes my 21 gear drive hydro is a Stinger.... as well as the Gas Stinger I have here...

I will expect the licencing cheque in the mail for the name???? (**** I am funny!!!)

Hey all,

Look out the first Team Jassp STINGER-PRO21 was poped out of the molds today.............Looking awsome. pics to follow later.

To answer the Question.

(PRODUCTION PROTOTYPES)

Yes my 21 gear drive hydro is a Stinger.... as well as the Gas Stinger I have here...

I will expect the licencing cheque in the mail for the name???? (**** I am funny!!!)
Ok Craig first Royalty cheque is in the mail. Sad though Haven't seen any Stinger Hydro's for a long time.

Thought they where Dead and Burried. :D :D :D

Are you still headding up this way for easter????

Hey all,

To answer the Question.

(PRODUCTION PROTOTYPES)

Ok Craig first Royalty cheque is in the mail. Sad though Haven't seen any Stinger Hydro's for a long time.

Hey all,

To answer the Question.

(PRODUCTION PROTOTYPES)

Yeppers... be there for a run Sunday...

Oh and you ahve seen my 21 gear drive hydro.... that is a genuine Stinger!!! Yes I know you would have seen more of it if I got off my ass and fixed the sponson tubes I trashed over a year ago... but thats life!!!

Think I may have too many boats to keep running~~~

Hey all,

To answer the Question.

(PRODUCTION PROTOTYPES)

Hey all,

To answer the Question.

(PRODUCTION PROTOTYPES)

Oh and you ahve seen my 21 gear drive hydro.... that is a genuine Stinger!!! Yes I know you would have seen more of it if I got off my ass and fixed the sponson tubes I trashed over a year ago... but thats life!!!

I'm Hearing ya It's getting a bit like that in my workshop too.

Even more boats now my daughter is racing too.

Hey all,

To answer the Question.

(PRODUCTION PROTOTYPES)

Hey all,

To answer the Question.

(PRODUCTION PROTOTYPES)

Hey all,

To answer the Question.

(PRODUCTION PROTOTYPES)

Hey all,

To answer the Question.

(PRODUCTION PROTOTYPES)

We ran the stinger-pro21 today and it looked great . could be one to beat

Back