3.5 outboards aussi

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a Womp in my collection....

I do have a pair of 8 mag 53's for racing opens.....
But you're opens are called womps aren't they?

Thats the sound they make when they hit the wall :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still have some group 20s, some really old group 7s, plenty of group 10s and even some womps and flexi-womps. Haven't raced for a couple of years.

77 entries for the HV Champs and 202 boats. Its going to be big, better get there early.

Anyone need tent space? I can auction off half of mine.

Grub

I won't be able to get there until about mid-day on friday, have to pick up Ian from Mascot Airport at 9.40 then drive up. Can you save us a good spot please Grub? Will have trailer and gazebo......

Hmmm - opens.

I mostly raced Group 20, group 12, standard flexi's and womps.

We used to have two different raceways in the area with 2 tracks each - now there is nothing.......

Do you still race 'em Craig?
Not really... Bought a few open motors and a new chassis to race this year and sorta havent managed to run them yet. And the Brock race was the same weekend as the Vic champs.....

Not a Womp in my collection....

I do have a pair of 8 mag 53's for racing opens.....
But you're opens are called womps aren't they?

Thats the sound they make when they hit the wall :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think they make a better sound when you distribute a 6 mag open across the track!!!!

Sooo back to the REAL things that matter ;-)

Greg, doesnt worry me...I trust you LOL

I will even let you choose which boat you wish to wreck oh i mean run :p

Kris

Kris

Doesnt worry me which one as long as its the fast one

Mate happy to drive if it means you guys running electric get a run thats what counts.

The more blokes running Tunnels the better either Electric or Nitro

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Kris

Doesnt worry me which one as long as its the fast one

Mate happy to drive if it means you guys running electric get a run thats what counts.

The more blokes running Tunnels the better either Electric or Nitro

Greg

gerg dont for get GAS POWERED OB'S

lol

laters dion

2 out of 4 boats ready to go. All packed up, just have to get the other 2 completed now. One of them still needs paint. i better pull some finger.

will have to do the setup testing for the boat that i have to paint yet when i get there friday. Thankfully it wont be me driving it - second tunnel of mine - but either way it was going to have to be set up to the drivers personal touch. I has hit water for several laps before and it is fast.

HV is massive this year - might have to make it 5 days or racing and practice if numbers keep up for years to come. That will be a huge thing for australian model boating.

Wether forecast is looking good over the weekend there also. FIngers crossed it stays that way.

David

HV Champs

Guys not 100% sure at this stage,

But does anyone have some room under there shade tent if i need it.

Tim did you say you had a spare you could bring?

Greg

HV Champs

Guys not 100% sure at this stage,

But does anyone have some room under there shade tent if i need it.

Tim did you say you had a spare you could bring?

Greg

Full under what ever shade ive got.

Have 4 boats under there of mine and what ever boats kris has, plus 3 people.

Counting down the hours now.

Hope for smooth flat water - no wind, well at least for the smaller electric classes

Greg,

Yes - I have a spare Gazebo I can bring for you..... should you need it. It's not an "easy-up" type though - takes a few minutes to put together / pack up.

Ring me tomorrow night and let me know if you will need it, and I'll pack it in the trailer for you.

Thanks Tim

Ill let you know,ill give you a call,

MJs offered his as well,

Maybe time i went and bought one i think.

Greg

hey all dose any 1 staying at the moto have any room for me 2 get from there 2 the lake and my boat

thanks laters dion

hey all dose any 1 staying at the moto have any room for me 2 get from there 2 the lake and my boat

thanks laters dion
Dion,

We can probably squeeze you in. I Will be there tomorrow afternoon. Heading home from the pond on Sunday arvo though......

Tim.

Well Guys, I guess your all home by now and are just about finished cleaning all the gear. Lets have some of the stories!

Greg, congratulations, great effort, super effort infact to knock off the not only the "factory" boats but also all the other modified boats with stock standard Villain/K&B.

Dion, Chris and David, thanks for making the effort in traveling to the competition.

Tim, Thanks for driving my boat and bringing it home in one piece.

I wish I could have been there to compete and have a laugh along with the rest of you.

Until the Battle of the Borders.......Later!

Mark

ps: we will soon start new thread to discuss the possibility/interest in running an outbord series over multiple weekends at Penrith.

seeya

MJ

Hey Mark

Thanks mate, It was nice.

Hows it go

VILLIAN WINS HV CHAMPS /SS K&B stock.

Firstly let me say to the guys that ran this event well done,I went there with thoughts and these thoughts were short lived a very well run meeting,biggest meet in the history of the club and even with a few showers Sunday morning the meet went on and to you guys congrats.

To Dion,Tim,Paul,Richard,Kris who were there for the Presentation sorry i couldnt stay, we had to be back home due to personal reasons but i hope you all enjoyed the spoils.

Mark yes it was a

VILLIAN/SS K&B stock

but its very very very reliable and if not for a driver mistake in Rnd 2 who knows what could have been the final points but we learn from this,thats racing.

The factory guys had a few dramas as did we all (Maybe i need a Factory Shirt size Lrg) smillies dont work.

Its not always the fastest boats that win

Thanks to Mike and Paul for getting Grims boat here,this all ads to getting tunnels going here again in oz.

To touch on what you said Mark thanks to all the guys that travelled to the Hv to compete Gino,Kris,Tim,Dion,Dave,Paul & Richard we had a great time not only did we compete against each some of us also pitted for each other and if this class is going to go forward then this needs to happen,

Not sure what goes on in the states but this weekend we had a Nemisis a Lynx and a Villian all in one tent all for the same purpose and that was to have some fun,learn how to set up and race these boats.

We turned up this weekend and had 8 boats racing this hasnt happend for some time so lets get it happening and make it bigger.

If you look at the racing this weekend the bigger classes of hydros we had 8 with a few that couldnt make it so guys we are very close to getting this back to the top.

Mark you boat performed great,and it showed to get 3rd it ran the fastest time to break the deadlock.

Doesnt help when you in the same tent as us guys and Tims adding weight to settle the boat and im taking it out (just kidding)

On a serious note the more race time we all get the better we will all be at this,The more imput we can get from the "Factory" guys the better,the guys in the states are the bench mark

As we have discussed and i think we should work Hard at this and with Paul and Richards help being comittee members i think we really need to work on a series for penrith,we all want this the club wants racing but you,me,Gino,Paul,Tim,All those in the wings have to be involved forget the politics and #--T and make it happen otherwise it will all fall over and theres no class.

Will post pics soon guys of the tunnels attended.

Yes mark lets start a post re Penrith but get those who need to know involved.

The final results were HV CHAMPS A/Outboard Tunnel

Greg Mortlock Villian S1

Dion Vella WOF

Tim Duggan(MJs) Lynx this finished with the fastest lap time to get overal points for 3rd.

First,

Congratulations to all the racers..

Congrats to Gregg on a job well done.. The Villain S1 once again shows it performance with a un piped motor. The boat was designed around that little motor and has proven to be quite lethal. Thanks for choosing a Villain S1.

Paul dude... No worries about not winning with the Nemesis.. One thing of all that know me, if we do not win, we never give up.. Its time to buckle down and better understand. Regardless of the outcome its a good time.

Maybe Paul had to much WW Reverse action on his mind? hehehhe

GO OZZY BOYS..

GO TUNNEL RACING IN OZ..

Congrats to all

Grimracer

Congratulations Guys,

I'm glad you all had a good time. Especially congrats Greg - maybe I shouldn't have sold you that boat - no seriously I'm glad it's getting used the way it was designed to be.

Keep up the good work and one day I might be back to race with you guys.

Gary (GT) :D

Latest posts

Back