3.5 outboards aussi

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i hope he dose that would be swett so many 3.5 OB's

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really good to see the class growing in Victoria also guys! Great in fact! For a while there it looked like just a Sydney thing - glad it's starting to happen nationally!

Dave Hatcliffe is leading the charge to get it happening again in South Oz - with a little luck the same growth will happen there too.

It will be good to catch up with you all at a race or two in future!

[SIZE=14pt]3.5cc O/B tunnel class - back from the dead![/SIZE]

dion26 said:
hey were r u all staying in hunter valley?

107491[/snapback]

Probably at the Motto - the details are on the entry form. Most of the guys stayed there at the nat's (and had a few beverages in the car park ;) ) About 10 minutes from the pond.

The Molly Morgan is the closest to the pond - but the most expensive usually.

so how many we go for hunter vally champs

Paul S

Gino R

Mark J

Greg M

Kris F

Dion

Justin

Chris M

tim d

9 is that it any more

laters dion

You can probably add 2 or 3 HV local's to that, and maybe once the TS2's start arriving there could be more. The interest is there amoungst some regular racer's.

Mark J can't make it. I'll be running his boat because he asked me to race it for him.

If Chris get's my boat done in time I think I'll be able to find someone to drive it too. That would add another person to the growing list.

Maybe we need some sort of "carrot" to bring out more O/B tunnels for this or another large event - A prize or annual class trophy or something - as long as the host club is happy for that to happen of course.

Tim.

Tim_Duggan said:
You can probably add 2 or 3 HV local's to that, and maybe once the TS2's start arriving there could be more. The interest is there amoungst some regular racer's.
Mark J can't make it. I'll be running his boat because he asked me to race it for him.

If Chris get's my boat done in time I think I'll be able to find someone to drive it too. That would add another person to the growing list.

Maybe we need some sort of "carrot" to bring out more O/B tunnels for this or another large event - A prize or annual class trophy or something - as long as the host club is happy for that to happen of course.

Tim.

107874[/snapback]

hey Tim

Maybe you could convince Ian to drive a tunny. I think he still can remember how they drive :p

not a bad idea tim can any 1 talk 2 the h/v club and ask them ill talk 2 the guys at wdmbc and c if they wont 2 do somthing like that 4 the vic's

laters dion

It was good to see that some of you guys are starting to get the tunnels realy going. Even though there were no actual races you guys still managed to have 2 races with yourselfs I was busy there for a minute getting the boats started and in the water. Finally I would like to thank Greg for the drive what a difference 50% made. Great fun keep up the good work guys

PAUL STIRTON said:
It was good to see that some of you guys are starting to get the tunnels realy going. Even though there were no actual races you guys still managed to have 2 races with yourselfs I was busy there for a minute getting the boats started and in the water. Finally I would like to thank Greg for the drive what a difference 50% made. Great fun keep up the good work guys
108107[/snapback]

Thanks Paul,

was alot of fun, good to finally go head to head with Mark's Lynx too!!!! <_<

[SIZE=21pt]Go 21 tunnel in OZ!!!!!![/SIZE]

Gino :D

And I am wearing the scars to prove it!

It was a lot of fun for most of the day, looking forward to more water time on the new boat.

Gino, your villain is a jet! Very impressive.

Mark

Hi Guys

I agree with all ,was a good day,lots of fun,Paul no worries with the drive was good to watch with plenty of laughs,thanks to both Paul for helping us out and also to Richard for the 50% fuel,did that make a difference :) should use that more often i think.

Paul you need that Villian of yours out next time as well.

How goods this 21 Tunnel class going cant wait till we all manage to get there together.

Great to see Tim D is coming to join us again in this class good stuff mate.

Gino's Villian was going quick youve set the benchmark for us guys now.

Greg

Gino, do you still have the stock SS, or is it a little modded?

How fast do you think it is going?

I have mine going 44MPH and was stable with a X442 cupped reduced diam...(rod G modded) this still need plenty more testing i think 50MPH with my 'Sport' motor is within sight ;-)

Kris

Kris Flynn said:

I have mine going 44MPH and was stable with a X442 cupped reduced diam...(rod G modded) this still need plenty more testing i think 50MPH with my 'Sport' motor is within sight ;-)

Kris

108143[/snapback]

Im interested to see how my nemesis goes with the MAC 21 andy did for me and the new pipe. But its too cold for the epoxy to set and I cant bring my toys inside because i have tooooo many!!!

hoping to be ready for the vics in october.

Dave

Kris Flynn said:

Kris

108143[/snapback]

Hi Kris,

No, still running box stock K&B SS. Made some subtle changes to the hull - running sufaces etc, but nothing fancy. Setup has been refined a bit too. Still running Grim 1440.

How fast do I THINK it was going - without speed measuring equipment prefer not to go there. I was very happy with the performance, BUT the HV champs is my next major race, and anything could happen between now and then.

Take care

Gino

Kris Flynn said:
i think 50MPH with my 'Sport' motor is within sight ;-)
Kris

108143[/snapback]

Is that all? hehehehe.

Seriously Kris, concentrate on it being reliable and being able to turn in a cross wind without doing anything dumb rather than chasing the magic 50. HV is reasonably well sheltered but the wind usually blows across the course on a wierd angle and can make going around 4 and 5 interesting at times! Mid 40's will be hard to beat if it's very reliable. DNF's and DNS's have a far greater impact at an event like the HV champs.

To finish first, you first have to finish. Gino and Greg know this only too well B)

Hi Guy's,

looks like you all had a lot of fun running on Sunday. I wish I was there!!!!!! I'm sorry that I could not make it along.

I'll bring out the WOF next time and see just how it measures up against the rest <_< . I'm looking foward to next time :) .

TTYL

Chris

Tim: There will be some huge progress after this weekend with the WOF. I've got a 4 day weekend coming up.

cjm102 said:
Tim: There will be some huge progress after this weekend with the WOF. I've got a 4 day weekend coming up.

108191[/snapback]

No Hurry / pressure Chris - I can wait.

I do need a cowl - anyone heard from GTR lately or have a spare they would part with?

Tim.

hmmmmm

should I get involved in this?????

I gather that stock outboard is a thing of the past so it is AAG? (almost anything goes)

EMS Racing we dont make mistakes.... we perfect them

Back