3.5 outboards aussi

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EatMyShortsRacing said:
hmmmmm

should I get involved in this?????

I gather that stock outboard is a thing of the past so it is AAG? (almost anything goes)

EMS Racing  we dont make mistakes....  we perfect them

108199[/snapback]

Stock O/B is only a 7.5cc class in OZ. No such thing as 3.5ss Stock outboard tunnel class!

In 3.5cc O/B tunnel - AAG as long as it complies to the rule book and the regatta rules on the entry forms for events. Pipes , Air cooled, Different carbs, aftermarket parts all OK. Until the numbers are there to run 2 separate classes - I can't see it changing any time soon. It would be nice to have 2 classes, but let's be realistic. We would struggle to get the minimum required entrants (5) the way the class participation is right now.

Have you got a Dumas sprint 7.5cc cowl spare Steptoe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim_Duggan said:
cjm102 said:
Tim: There will be some huge progress after this weekend with the WOF. I've got a 4 day weekend coming up.

108191[/snapback]

No Hurry / pressure Chris - I can wait.

I do need a cowl - anyone heard from GTR lately or have a spare they would part with?

Tim.

108194[/snapback]

Tim

I have a new ABS cowl here to fit the WOF30

PM me if you want it.

Dave

RIGGERMORTISE said:
Tim_Duggan said:
cjm102 said:
Tim: There will be some huge progress after this weekend with the WOF. I've got a 4 day weekend coming up.

108191[/snapback]

No Hurry / pressure Chris - I can wait.

I do need a cowl - anyone heard from GTR lately or have a spare they would part with?

Tim.

108194[/snapback]

Tim

I have a new ABS cowl here to fit the WOF30

PM me if you want it.

Dave

SOLD to the MAN!!!!! tunnltimmy

108206[/snapback]

Tim_Duggan said:
EatMyShortsRacing said:
hmmmmm

I gather that stock outboard is a thing of the past so it is AAG? (almost anything goes)

108199[/snapback]

Stock O/B is only a 7.5cc class in OZ. No such thing as 3.5ss Stock outboard tunnel class!

In 3.5cc O/B tunnel - AAG as long as it complies to the rule book and the regatta rules on the entry forms for events. Pipes , Air cooled, Different carbs, aftermarket parts all OK. Until the numbers are there to run 2 separate classes - I can't see it changing any time soon. It would be nice to have 2 classes, but let's be realistic. We would struggle to get the minimum required entrants (5) the way the class participation is right now.

108205[/snapback]

Hopefully in the near future we may be able to make a stock and mod tunnel class at least at major events, nats etc.

let's see,

Chris M - WOF with MAC

Dave H - WOF with MAC

Gino R - Nemesis with CMB

Dion - WOF with CMB

Paul S - Nemesis with CMB

Mark J - Lynx with MAC

I'm sure you have some tricks up your sleeve too Tim. Also others talking about Mod tunnel projects in the pipeline as well.

Hopefully GTR will come out to play as well. <_<

Not to mention the guys above also have stock boats!!!! :p

True what you say though Tim, participation is the key to make up a class let-alone 2. The boats are there, we just need to get them wet!!!!!

Gino :D

Gino,

I see no reason why we couldn't run a stock and mod class at club level if there are enough participants for each class. As long as people don't bend the rules and the racing is close for everyone that is ;) Enforcing a stock class can be a huge pain in the posterior. Your boat might need a weight penalty :lol: :p :lol:

Add these to your tunnel list;

Andrew Y. Nemesis / CMB (if he ever gets it built!)

Grub. Gadjet F1-11 / O.S. (any more up there we don't know about Justin?)

TunnelTim. CJMWOF30/WDTiger. :ph34r:

What's a CJMWOF30 ???? :D :D :D :D :D :D

Agree Tim - except for the part about a weight penalty on my Villain :p

Would be good however to open the door for a mod class as well, not sure how a "stock" k&B will fair against MAC/CMB/NR ??? That's not to say that a good "sport" boat won't give these a run for their money - especially when reliability comes into the equation.

Gino

Tim_Duggan said:
EatMyShortsRacing said:
hmmmmm

108199[/snapback]

108205[/snapback]

Steptoe indeed!!!!

I think the moulds I have ar for an older pratherish 21 boat. May just start with that and see what happens.....

anyone have a spare nova outboard handy????

Tim

There were 3 Hunter Valley tunnels.

Dad

Mike Nowland

Shane Birch

I think Mike is selling/has sold his boat and not sure what Shane was running as I wasn't in attendance much this year. But there maybe another soon.

Hopefully we don't go down the stock and mod classes again as the 7.5cc stock outboard became a joke. The last time we raced 7.5 stock we got DQ'd cause 2 people took it upon themselves to scrutinize the motors in private and not in public. They should have done it where everyone can see what they were doing. Who knew if they swapped anything or let someone else's motor pass. Leave it as it is and if you want to run two separate classes for mod and stock then do it at club level.

Grub

Tim_Duggan said:
Gino,I see no reason why we couldn't run a stock and mod class at club level if there are enough participants for each class. As long as people don't bend the rules and the racing is close for everyone that is  ;)   Enforcing a stock class can be a huge pain in the posterior. Your boat might need a weight penalty  :lol:   :p   :lol:

Add these to your tunnel list;

Andrew Y. Nemesis / CMB (if he ever gets it built!)

Grub. Gadjet F1-11 / O.S. (any more up there we don't know about Justin?)

TunnelTim. CJMWOF30/WDTiger.  :ph34r:

108219[/snapback]

Well if I do a 3.5 o/b I can guarantee you it wont run in stock class.....

Who knows... EMS Racing may have a few tricks up his sleeve....

I'd say there is a "Tunnel Fire" raging in OZ,, it's good to see guy's :D

"CJMWOF30/WDTiger. :ph34r: " :lol: :lol: Good!,,That was Good!

Jerry Wyss said:
I'd say there is a "Tunnel Fire" raging in OZ,, it's good to see guy's :D

"CJMWOF30/WDTiger. :ph34r: " :lol:   :lol: Good!,,That was Good!

108243[/snapback]

Its better than my vapourware/(insert engine here) boat.....

I can say it does have a JR Radio!!!!

Grub said:
Hopefully we don't go down the stock and mod classes again as the 7.5cc stock outboard became a joke. The last time we raced 7.5 stock we got DQ'd cause 2 people took it upon themselves to scrutinize the motors in private and not in public. They should have done it where everyone can see what they were doing. Who knew if they swapped anything or let someone else's motor pass. Grub
108231[/snapback]

The other aspect to scrutineering is that it takes a lot of time and must be done in a proffesional and public manner to prevent what has been mentioned.

Grub said:
Leave it as it is and if you want to run two separate classes for mod and stock then do it at club level.
108231[/snapback]

I'm with Grub on this - 1 class at large events - 3.5cc O/B tunnel as indicated in the current rules. That way everyone is catered for. Organiser's have enough to deal with as it is, and we have too many classes anyway.

Gino - how many mod boats placed at the nats?

A. None. They have their advantages over mod boats too.

If we have enough willing participants to run separate classes at club level - I'm sure we can do it. We could contact each other and decide on whether we run stock or mod each meet.

Bring out only the big guns for the big races and show everyone how much fun we can have at the same time.........

Craig,

I sold my Novarossi / lawless to Gary Tyrell in Canberra. If you really want one you could try and convince him to sell it to you. The MAC is very well priced at the moment if you are after a bargain powerhead.

A Prather hull ain't going to cut it these days- especially with a mod engine as there are some extremely good mod boats here now.

Tim_Duggan said:
Craig,

I sold my Novarossi / lawless to Gary Tyrell in Canberra. If you really want one you could try and convince him to sell it to you.  The MAC is very well priced at the moment if you are after a bargain powerhead.

A Prather hull ain't going to cut it these days- especially with a mod engine as there are some extremely good mod boats here now.

108246[/snapback]

hmmmm well I may just need an engine at the moment.... and lemme see... an ultralight lap cat II (modified) with a mod 3.5.... potential there.....

or maybe something else in the wind...... who knows.... LOL

hey tim the Prather hull's ain't so bad i got 1 not the fastest but she just about finshes every time.

laters dion

Hey Dion,

I wasn't having a shot at the Prather's, good boat in their day - they are just a bit dated, and in the era that boat was made K&B's just weren't capable of making the sort of power a mod Novarossi will make easily. It is possible to seriously overpower a hull and make it inconsistent / unstable.

Take it from me - even a 27 inch long hull with a novarossi is very marginal - I had one. Keeping it on the water could be tricky at times. My Webpage

hey tim i know u wernt i was just saying they might not be the fastest hull but they go good in rough waters well better then any other ob hull i have seen

laters dion

hey greg ya i know but havent rely seen it go in flat water since finley so hope she gose ok i think ya ca get the push rod seals from the shop in weeribee

laters dion

Pulsetech said:
they have had none for weeks mate ;(i will try darrens shop tomorrow

108363[/snapback]

ok ya going down this week end

ill b there saterday gota try out the wof B) hope the wether is knid 2 me

laters dion

Tim_Duggan said:
Hey Dion,I wasn't having a shot at the Prather's, good boat in their day - they are just a bit dated, and in the era that boat was made K&B's just weren't capable of making the sort of power a mod Novarossi will make easily. It is possible to seriously overpower a hull and make it inconsistent / unstable.

Take it from me - even a 27 inch long hull with a novarossi is very marginal - I had one. Keeping it on the water could be tricky at times. My Webpage

108323[/snapback]

*AHEM*

Thats why I was suggesting a Lap Cat II for a 3.5

Its a 7.5 boat!!!

OK - so my ESP wasn't working when you mentioned a Pratherish 21 boat. :lol: :lol: please accept my humble appology :p

If you need any help getting one happening Craig - just ask. The more the merrier I say.

Back