3.5 outboards aussi

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excuse me while I blow the dust off this one....

Ok!

Racing this weekend at penrith. Who's coming?

Would be good to see a big turn out of OBs.

Murph Gino? What about you two?

It has been quiet bill!

We had a practice day on the weekend.

Ran my vs1/OS and my rigger.

Tried some props on the VS1 had a fun day but was too **** hot! 38 Celsius!!!

For those on this side of the pond that's 100.4 deg. ^_^

What prop did ya have the best luck with Bryan?

Gene

Last edited by a moderator:
Spare a thought for the people in South Oz - where it hit 45 degrees C (113 degrees F)

I won't be there for the race day. Moving house that weekend. The forecast says it's going to be stinkin' hot too!

Yea its dangerous at that temp, hydrate! shade! In any order......

We set new records here last summer,

Gene

It was a modded x442 Gene. Worked well, had it sitting in the prop box for a long time and hasn't used it.

It was done by Mr Clegg and I used to run it on the OS but moved to the 40x53.

Sounds good Bryan,

40x53 here too, Also a Orig Grim1440,

Gene

Something new is always good Greg ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
It was 39 degrees C here in Canberra yesterday with light winds for the best all round RC boat water in about 3 years! I made my best ever oval speeds with my TS3/CMB-RS21 and my Nova 46 powered hydro. I guess the conditions were near perfect for burning nitro! I also had a couple of LiFe receiver packs swell from sitting in the sun on my pit table which never even occurred to me was possible!

I was planning on making the trek to Sydney for racing on Sunday, but I might have to do some family time instead... There's still some possibility it will come off.

Happy New Year guys.

Fifth day over 40 degrees C here with a cool change tomorrow(only 39!). Only go outside when you really have to. Too hot to even go in the pool unless you can told your breath and stay under water. Anyway hope to see you guys down here in April.

Fair enough, but I should also have mentioned this was the first day where I worked hard on the Nova and CMB to see what they could do with measured application of heat regulation through water reduction/ cooling by fuel. Like quite a few guys who started as kids back in the 70s with different engine technologies, it's been quite a learning journey on the heat vs power curve. I don't have any legitimate cold air data to compare with at the moment so I'm just going by the radar readings. Here at 600m above sea level, we're happy with any air we get :)

Craig, I hope to be in Finley in April with perhaps one other from here. Any word on the preferred format for the week yet? (Like the last couple of years or more traditional?) With the lake back to its best shape, should be a good meet. Looking forward to some nice tunnel water.

It's been a balmy 23' to 26' C here at Tuross Heads on the NSW South Coast for the last few days, with a beautiful North East breeze coming in off the ocean. Just been sitting here enjoying fresh prawns, oysters and the odd beer or three.

It's a tough life but someone's gotta do it!!!

Hoping to do the nationals in Finley this year as I haven't been able to attend any races for way too long! I'll probably have to slum it though, very tight self imposed budget restrictions this year!

Craig, I hope to be in Finley in April with perhaps one other from here. Any word on the preferred format for the week yet? (Like the last couple of years or more traditional?) With the lake back to its best shape, should be a good meet. Looking forward to some nice tunnel water.
Greg, it will be the traditional format. Entry forms will be available soon.

Thanks for the heads up Craig. It helps with the forward planning!

I was lucky last year by fluking one class per day, but traditional format ups the ante somewhat.

Looks like I can't make it on Sunday guys.

Have some family comitments that I had forgotten about.

Hope you guys have fun racing!!

Yeah unlikely I can make Sunday, very keen for the Nats will talk to my travelling buddy and see what we are planning there....

Hey Tim, I know you are probably in the middle of packing but did you get your DigiSparks ?

Cheers,

Back