3.5 outboards aussi

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bugger, no good about the Nelly. Murphys law I guess, Engines seem to quit when they're running at there best.......

Yep, got the perfect engine for you;) Should be good for the first 3 laps of every heat LOL

I plan to be up there early arvo on Friday. Bring your HTB pipe, and we can dial it in on your boat.

haha good one, 3 good laps or hard racing against you is better than none..or worse yet 4.75 laps!!!!

Thanks Brad...hopefully it isn't too bad and i have it going before Winter Spec!

Congratulations to Brad Spencer and Gino Rateni on their wins in 'A' Outboard and 'B' Outboard at the NSW Country Championships, well done guys!!

I hear that weed was a problem for the small boats, the kind of weed that floats in the water, not the type you smoke :blink: :blink:

Onward and upward now, I hope you all are keen for some more outboard racing and we get a big roll up for the Winter Spectacular in August. Make sure you get here for the best Tunnel water in OZ :D

I know some of it is down to my current setup, but that _______ weed was pretty tough!

FWIW: 2 weedouts and one burnt servo gave me zero after 3 rounds.... (so I know where I stand for sure!!) To Kris, Brad and Gino ( Kesso & Dave in absentia) and everyone else who helps out, well done and thanks guys!

Hope to have another go at the Winter spec

How many B O/B tunnels will be at the WS this year guys - does my "Canyonero" need to become a B again to help make the cut-off? I need to know so I can work out what to do with it.

An idea on P spec EA O/B tunnels would be handy too.

TD

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try to resurrect my old "terminator" (look out Gino :eek: ) B O/B and hopefully have it running for the event.

Sounds like we should be OK for Pspec O/B's within EA tunnel - as well as the ones mentioned above I've got one to enter, as does Bryan Ruttley & Greg Moss. I think there are one or two at HVMMC also - hopefully they might make the trip down. Electric womp-womp-a-thon!

Thanks for the reminder Tim! Since the EAs were rained out at the Nationals I've got all these batteries to discharge!

Got to show the Banana Benders that we can run electrics down South too.

Hey there aussi tunnel guys,

Guys just wondering if anybody has and info on AT racing 50% boat fuel blend.

I'm up in Townsville and currently use AT heli blend because nothing else is available for boats.

Recently found out my LHS can get me the boat blend & was just wondering if anyone runs it, was curious about it's oil blend if it's synthetic - castor or a mix? Any info would be appreciated guys.. ;)

Dave Kingston might be able to help you out with fuel...i am sure he has used that 'boat blend'
Hey Kris,

You get that paypal ok my friend?

Ah yeah dave's running the fuel he premixed for the nats atm. A few guys get 50% fuel from AT but it's not the boat blend and it's only 15% oil then they add oil blah blah...

What do all you southern guys run? You can't all be mixing up your own fuel surely.

I haven't used it, and I'm not sure if this is the boat mix you're already talking about, but check this link. Seems to be free shipping at the moment.

http://www.rchobbyzone.net/list.htm

I get my fuel mixed up by my local hobby shop here in Canberra, and I'm the only guy they service with boat fuel... They almost always have bulk stock of nitro, methanol, castor and most popular synthetic oils. I use a simple piece of software called winheli to generate a mix list for the hobby shop so that they don't have to do the calculations themselves. It's not as cheap as mix yourself, but I'm getting 4 litres of 50% for about $53 lately, and I don't have to hold the raw ingredients at home.

I mix my own so I know whats in it.

You could ask the supplier to specify the oil content and what oil is used in it (Synthetic %, Castor %).

Several guys in my club buy their fuel from Xcell products (magnum fuels) or Massive Mods - Murph on here can give you the specifics about the MM fuel. Not sure what the deal is with freight.

Greg

Na thats not the 1 mate AT racing,it's probably the most used buggy & heli fuel in OZ it's very popular anyway, I know they chemically weigh there ingredients to make precise blends....That stuff looks good though ;)

Tim

Thats what I was trying to avoid when adding your own oil then dropping the nitro content, it's not such a big deal I know but if you have issues down the road at least you can rule out what you have done to your fuel being the problem.

http://www.atracing.com.au

They don't list the boat blend - You'd be best to have your supplier contact them and ask for the oil percentages.

I just buy it from OZSPEC or have Craig Knight sell me his left overs after a race mmmm Cherry! :)

Hayden

Get the AT stuff and put more oil in.

I'll get 5L of it also and mix more oil.

Dave
Dave

I've lined up with herc to get me some boat blend AT which will have enough oil dude, was just curious to know if anybody new what the oil blend is....The stuff the yarrows use isn't the boat blend thats why they add more oil ;) , i'd rather not mess around adding oil if I can get boat blend thats chemically weighed...

I'm getting herc to order a few bottles so when we need some we can get it locally.

Ok I just got the info, AT racing 50% has 13%synthetic 5%castor blend....sounds pretty good to me.

Jason told me the fuel they get has 15% oil then they add 5% oil or somthing which obviously changes your nitro percentages a bit, not a big deal no, but why bother when you can get it in a boat blend already from AT racing that will be exactly the same everytime you buy it...

Back