3.5 os or thunder tiger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3dmagic

i am looking for a 0s .21 out board or a thunder tiger .21 outboard i know the thunder tiger has been discontinued but maybe some one knows where there is one in a hobby shop or maybe someone has one for sale on here i would prefer one new in the box

thanks

Thunder Tiger outboards are at

http://www.towerhobbies.com

But they have been on order some time now and the price went up.

The OS outboard is still being made in Japan but the Dist. for the US has dropped it.

Gene ;D

Correct me here guy's if ya have heard anything new, but this was the info last time we discussed it.

tower says the os is discontinued and abc says the thunder tiger is discontinued also go figure

Hmmmmmm,

so I guess while everyone was waiting for the K&B mess to be sorted out, the two other alternatives gave up waiting for these people to come around. Shame. This could mean the long term death of 3.5 outboards.

K&B has stated that they would have outboards buy a certain date and then missed that date by a long margin so far. With the exception of a few 7.5's

We are still waiting, they did have the new models on display at the Toledo show,

Gene ;D

They sure do look nice...but i would prefer not to get too frustrated with the K&B problems personally.

I do own a 12mm w/c OB but i am not pushing it to the limits...YET! when i get into practice for the Vic titles i will need it be at its best ;) :eek:

Anyway as long as i keep my pistons and liner in good shape i will be alright, hey GT LOL

Kris

Kris,

If your hand is forced and you absolutely have to buy either the OS or the TT, go with the OS. Too many people I've seen w/the TT engine have shown me the sloppy play that the engine produces and how fast the shaft and flex cable wear out.

Hey Rod, They sure as hell look better too :)

has anyone (Tim or Kevin) got a measurement of the length from the pivot pin to the drive dog for TT OB? do they use the same shaft as a K&B/lawless/hyper?

Kris

Ya know really this is gettin kinda spooky, I can halfway understand the deal with K&B cause coroporate has a stranglehold on the outboard division, OS I can maybe understand cause Tower had the price jacked up and sales musta fell off for them to drop, But TT is a mystery, the last stock outboard going and now this, Sheeeesh!!!!!

Troubled in Missouri,

Gene ;D

Isnt http://www.acehobby.com the Dist. for TT in the US, anybody contacted them about this?

Just checked at Tower, now both the OS and the TT outboards have been discontinued...

Has anyone thought of going with 1/8 buggy .21 Inboard engine?

In my club they do not make any distinction between .21 IB or OB tunnel -How about the other clubs?

Back