3.5 o/b rigger kit?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian

Im thinking about trying my first rigger.Is Dumas the only one that makes a kit for a 3.5 outboard? Do the outboards preform as well as the inboards? I have "GOT" to spend this money I saved before my wife finds it !!!

I didn't know that Dumas sold them but Prather does. I've also seen one in 707 Specialties site.

Hey, thanks for all the input.I just got in from work(night shift gives me all day to play.) I like the wood kits,and enjoy building.The kit Dumas sells is the Quickie 40 and is rated for a 7.5 inboard or a 3.5 outboard,I dont know much about riggers but this kit may be a little too big for .21 power.I have 2 K&B .21's a new#8907 still in the box and a low hour #8383 SII that I rebuilt after three months of searching for all of the hard to find parts.I put it on my hot shot sprint but never got it dialed in,the skeg on the factory lower unit is just way to short to make a tight turn.I may just build myself a Dunlap 27 instead.... Brian

i had a dumas quickie 40.... dont watse your time.... the design is too outdated!

well... maybe i should qualify that statement..... it might be good if ya dont use the dumas wood, recommended hardware, and radiobox lid construction method. them aluminum tubes are also a bit on the heavy side.

keep the design... modify the methods and materials.... like i did my hawk.

Latest posts

Back