3.5 backwards

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

not2bright

my k and b 3.5 watercooled keeps starting backwards i took it apart and checked for mods but no deal i am using 35% fuel and McKoy mc-9 plugs all the guys in my club checked it but cant find anything wrong. maybe the k and b guys screwed up on this motor, i wouldnt me suprised! :- :- ???

hey,

welcome to the club!!

i've got the same engine with the same problem...does yours seem to have a ton of compression? it's a great engine so far for power, but the piston hits sooo much compression it reverses and takes off....my engine did that a bunch the first couple of times i ran it, but now that the engine doesn't bind when you turn it [meaning it's just about broken in] it's mostly stopped. i think it will completely stop doing that when it's fully broken in, if it doesn't i think the only thing to do is shim the engine to lessen the compression. just bear with it and cut it off as soon as that happens [you can tell by putting your hand behing the prop, if you don't feel wind it's running backwards] the more you run the less it should do that.

Joe

i have just wen't to the trial reckords and some people said the starter needs to be pluged in backwords to turn the piston the right way.

i have just wen't to the trial reckords and some people said the starter needs to be pluged in backwords to turn the piston the right way.

I Know i have to reverse polarity from my inboard motors, to my OB motors. Pos lead goes on neg for OB.

My K&B Did that tooo when its new, broken in it dont do it. Trying to remember something about something about why it does it. Hell use it to your advantage, run the boat backwards.

**** trying to remember what i read or seen to cure it, I think you turn the idle up and richen it. its right there at the tip, but cant spit it out.

good luck with it anyhow

Wet your thumb on your tung and quickly put your thumb on the flywheel to feel if it is spinning the right way before you laaunch it.

Scroll through the previous posts. I think there was a really long on on this subject matter last month. It has some good advice already there.

Back