3/16 or 1/4 cable drive Which One

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple more questions on this subject if ya'll don't mind.

I got some K&S brass tube of the proper sizes, but they are only 12in

in lengths; Is that going to be long enough??

Also: My boat has requred in the past a "prop blast" to the left to counter

"prop walk" prob. Is this set-up going to permit that?? :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerry, my local Ace Hardware store carries K&S brass tubing in 1' and 3' lengths. You may want to give them a try. Yours may have it as well.

My boat has requred in the past a "prop blast" to the left to counter"prop walk" prob. Is this set-up going to permit that??  :huh:
I have a propwalk problem with my gas powered Aeromarine Avenger. Guys have recommended that I reposition the strut slightly to the right of centerline (1/4".) This brass tube system thats been beaten to death lends itself to this. BTW, on some website, I have seen a strut with a built in (3 degrees, I think) offset to counteract the propwalk.

danny, Thats where i got the 12inchers,,Ace. they didn't have any longer,,i'll

search around. i'll just point the whole strut assembly to the left like i did on the

last hull,,it worked,,,if the "beat to death" system has any problem with it i'll tear it out and put in somthin that will work. What does "BTW" mean?

Jerry,

You are getting so good with the computer lingo, I thought you would know

that BTW = By The Way.

Gene,

You still have to teach this good old boy a few things on this "ole puter thingy" :lol:

Merry Christmas Everyone,

Mark Sholund

Still Haven't been able to find 11/32 and 5/16 in the longer lengths in this friggin'

State. My only other option is to order 5 pcs of each from "Tower Hobbies",,and

I'm not that "prolific" of a builder! Sheeesh :angry:

Found It!! :eek: Had a airplane Hobby shop accually called me back,,Asked for 30"

said they didn't have it,"click" and then called back and said they had 36" :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad you finally found what you needed. It really bites when all you need is just a little amount or quantity and then you have to mail order it. I always try to brainstorm for days when I put an order in but usually, I'll forget something :(

dannyual767 said:
I'm glad you finally found what you needed.  It really bites when all you need is just a little amount or quantity and then you have to mail order it.  I always try to brainstorm for days when I put an order in but usually, I'll forget something  :(
80312[/snapback]

Hey Danny!, it's been holdin' up the whole prosess of gettin' to the primer :huh:

I put the body filler on first this time,,right over the epoxy/glass so I don't have

to spray epoxy primer as many times. It's amazing how many "highs" and "lows"

there are in an epoxy/glass hull. :eek: Thanks for your concern :)

Don Ferrette said:
Jerry Wyss said:
Hold It,,So the Props have a 1/4 in hole in them?
78196[/snapback]

You guys are killin' me.... :p

I run 1/4" cables with the step down shaft to 3/16" prop size. All the good scale props are typically 3/16" shaft. B)

78197[/snapback]

I have had problems finding a prop for 1/4" shafts. Can you get the X460 for a quarter inch shaft?

C.G. said:
Don Ferrette said:
Jerry Wyss said:
Hold It,,So the Props have a 1/4 in hole in them?
78196[/snapback]

You guys are killin' me.... :p

I run 1/4" cables with the step down shaft to 3/16" prop size. All the good scale props are typically 3/16" shaft. B)

78197[/snapback]

I have had problems finding a prop for 1/4" shafts. Can you get the X460 for a quarter inch shaft?

80645[/snapback]

X460 is 3/16" only as are most good scale props. Hence the use of the 1/4" cable with the step down shaft to 3/16" .

Whats the best "strut" to get that the 5/16th's brass tube goes thru after heating?

Strut is goin' thru bottom of boat,,,I have every thing else :)

For You Scale Boaters,

You might want to give some of the new ABC's a ride on your stepped down

shafts. I am getting some feedback that the 2214,2314,and the 2414 are

starting to find a home on the back of some of those shafts. Just thought I would

pass along some information when I get some feedback. :)

Good Luck,

Mark Sholund

shoboat said:
For You Scale Boaters,
You might want to give some of the new ABC's a ride on your stepped down

shafts. I am getting some feedback that the 2214,2314,and the 2414 are

starting to find a home on the back of some of those shafts. Just thought I would

pass along some information when I get some feedback.  :)

Good Luck,

Mark Sholund

81694[/snapback]

I"m sorry Mike, I didn't quite get what you talking about,,I bought my "shaft"

from "SpeedMaster",,(1/4 x 3/16 30" long)??

Back