21 Outboard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-ZAM

Looking to join this class. What hull do you guy's think would be the best for heat racing?

I will be using a .21 Nova Rossi.

Thanks,

Kentley Porter

Kentley

From what I have seen during races , my choice would be the HTB290. I have one myself , with a NR on it, and its a screaming combination, setup for heatracing.

Some other hulls can be used too, but there is not many choices you have.

I cannot use the word "3.5 tunnel from Carl van Houten", it will block, but that tunnel handles the power also, but a little bit more finess in the setup I guess.

Ronald.

Last edited by a moderator:
L Y N X is what Ronald is trying to say!!!

I'll second the HTB290 also. Mine is running a MAC / Lawless combo, fast and handles nicely.

PS... im a little nervous now that Kentley Porter has decided to join the tunnel ranks....

Naw.... no im not!

:D

The Leecraft XTR-21 is still a good hull and is available at www.leecraftracing.com The latest Topspeed tunnel prototypes are also very fast as mod boats. Hopefully, Tower will be importing them soon.

Lohring Miller

Last edited:
The Leecraft XTR-21 is still a good hull and is available at www.leecraftracing.com The latest Topspeed tunnel prototypes are also very fast as mod boats. Hopefully, Tower will be importing them soon along with an inexpensive engine.
Lohring Miller

The Topspeed3 is indeed a good boat, much better than the TS2, but chinese cheap engine????????????????

Ronald

KP it's more of a matter of what is available. If you ordered a LynxCK today you would not see it this racing season unless things have changed. If you are interested in time trials the LynxCK is the way to go. Otherwise the Shaman would make a better heat racing boat with the HP your motors make. The LynxCK is an incredibly fast boat but it's harder to drive than anything I've owned.

I can't comment on the HTB since I've never owned one.

While I agree with Joe on the lynx/shaman, I havent seen a HTB290 that was "overpowered" yet. Ive seen some real good motors on the back of them....

The HTB, Lynx/shaman, Leecraft are all good hulls for the horsepower I know you'll be putting on it.....

~James

I would have to vote for a 290 as well. I have one with a CMB on there and that thing runs and handles like its on rails. Excellent combo.

Scott

I said NOTHING about either a cheap or Chinese engine for the Topspeed tunnel. The engine in the Miss Vegas, a boat that Tower sells for under $300 complete, is made by OS and the radio is made by Futaba. Neither are either cheap or Chinese.

Lohring Miller

Thanks for the advise....

What props and pipes do you guys reccomend?

Why is the L Y N X difficult to get ?

Thanks,

Kentley Porter

Of course there is also one that has been left out of the offerings here and that is the WOODSTUFF Racing WOF tunnels.

These boats are fast, they handle great and deal with rough water very well......

Oh did I mention they are in stock and ready to ship??? You could be wet next week.

Bill

His and Hers Hobbies

I also forgot to mention that Mike Crawford (WOODSTUFF Racing) actually has this combination (Nova Rossi/Lawless) on one of his WOF 32" Tunnels (the hull weighs in at only 2.5lbs and CAN handle the horsepower AND it stays on the water, which is a very important feature)....

FASSSSST is what I can tell you....

Thanks

Bill

His and Hers Hobbies

KP,

Props, AB X442 2.9, AB 1440 3.2... Not sure about the pipe, things chage over time. Mark Hopper was making a good pipe for the NR21...

Guys,

What combo is working well?????

TB

As for pipes, I like the GajetKraft carbon fiber pipe on the MAC but I'm not sure how it works on a Nova Rossi.

I like the SPP NR21OB on Long stroke Nova's. Easily the fastest 3.5 O/B tunnel I've ever seen here in Oz used that combination. Pulled a 1440 with lots of cup on a Shaman. Same combo on a L Y N X was ballistic but waaaaaaaaay too hard to heat race.

I ran a gadjetcraft pipe on a short stroke nova years ago and it hauled too. Never tried it on a L/S.

Back