.21 ops side exhaust.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmunn

I have a .21 ops marine engine(I think it's just the sport version not the higher performance one) side exhaust,slide carb and non muffled tuned pipe.I have a spare miss vegas that I might install it into but was wondering if you guys could recommend a better hull that would work with this engine pipe config. ??

I have other .18 engines for the second vegas and could sell it easily and I already have one good working vegas now..

I would prefer not building from wood but not ruling it out..

Do the non muffled pipe create enough back pressure to keep the tanks pressurized?

Thanks

Terry

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been working on trying to keep this boat on the water........

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that engine would do well in the vegas hull. You'll need to raise the engine mnts though. And probably change the stuffing tube.

Thanks guys ,

That would probably make the most sense since I already have the 2nd hull brand new not being used now.

Chris there is a ton of setup help on the other forum for the Miss Vegas.

I just briefly looked at the engine and yes the mounts would have to be raised and I would go to a Larger flex shaft diameter and change the strut to match.The flywheel on the .21 ops is quit large in diameter so raising the engine woud give the needed clearance.

I may purchase another flywheel as to keep the engine low as possible.

I will check wether other guys that have done this to see if the stock rudder will work.

I see where Jerry Dunlop has installed a .21 in a vegas using very beefy plywood stringers and a rubber mounted motor mount.

Would this be necessary or would the existing mount's , beefed up and re-inforced work.

I am trying to keep the cost down but if necessary i would install the stringers and rubber mounts.

Terry

Back