21 motor options

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Kingston

Just looking at motor options...

Im in the market for a new 21 motor, rear exhaust.

I would run with nova rossi or the new AA 21 but they are all front exhaust.

Im looking at either

CMB .21 RSV "EVO" 2010 - Direct Drive

or

CMB .21 VAC - DIRECT Drive

Just looking for some advice on these motors, and or other ones that might be worth a try.

This is going to go into sports hydro.

Open to other options.

Just want something that medium to high end on performance. This boat is just a play boat - for now.

Thanks

Dave

right now the best BANG for the buck is a 5 port nova rossi from glenn. nice motor and CHEAP

chris

I have to agree, less than $300 got me an engine, modded carb, header, pipe and coupler. Can't beat that anywhere that I know of ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
right now the best BANG for the buck is a 5 port nova rossi from glenn. nice motor and CHEAP

chris
From what I can see on Glen's website, the 5 port is not a .21 engine. Correct?
It IS a .21 engine and it runs GREAT! Starts easy, good idle, GREAT PRICE! Im running one in my 20 hydro and am VERY happy with it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guy's

David is not after rear exhaust motor like novarossi

if he was best bang for buck is the 7 port nova $239.00us

Dave buddy if your after front exhaust motor go with new cmb 21 vac

regards Aaron

Thanks aaron

Yeah im after something thats like the mac 21

Ive got 5 pipes that are sitting here doing nothing from when i did have my mac stuff.

I just dont see the need to go and get another motor, header and pipe when all i need is the motor.

Especially when this boat is just a play boat.

Just looking at my decisions on the motors - basically after some points of view, good or bad on the CMB vac21 motors

Dave

Thanks aaron

Yeah im after something thats like the mac 21

Ive got 5 pipes that are sitting here doing nothing from when i did have my mac stuff.

I just dont see the need to go and get another motor, header and pipe when all i need is the motor.

Especially when this boat is just a play boat.

Just looking at my decisions on the motors - basically after some points of view, good or bad on the CMB vac21 motors

Dave
I bet Steve Winks has a Mac .21 you could get from him.

Robert

Dave,

For something different you could use a gear drive wih the motor turned 180 degrees. I had an A mono set up like that...

Tim

Pass on the gear drive mate.

Thats just more work for me to setup and muck about and something else to go wrong.

Im keeping my options open. I could just try sell off the pipes that i have and use that cash to get other pipes specific to 180deg header motors. IE. AA21 or the Nova.

My pic would just be the Nova35+ or Flash but will just complete this boat hull first.

I have more than enough room to do what ever i want in this hull being a sports hydro.

Ill then get to thinking what motor i want.

I just thought more would have some options for me... Oh well.

Dave

Back