21 Hydros at Hobart

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just hope that stuff runs well for me.. i realized long ago you must finish to win. lol

i still have to tell myself that to this day :blink:
AMEN to that Chris. Finch told me something similar a long time ago- "to finish first you must first finish." Sounds like some old Chinese proverb or somethin'..... :p

ya it is tuff don. specially when you have a FUN METER built right into the radio's now a days lol.

should be a fun time regardless.

Well, We have heard from 5 or 6 of these little rocket pilots. :p How about the other 20 or so, come on I know you want to "brag it up" :D

Every so often my dad would say " Don't show a quarter when a dime will do" ;) First time that I can remember I was 8 or 9 yrs old, Oh My God that was 60yrs ago :blink:

Don :)

Well, We have heard from 5 or 6 of these little rocket pilots. :p How about the other 20 or so, come on I know you want to "brag it up" :D

Every so often my dad would say " Don't show a quarter when a dime will do" ;) First time that I can remember I was 8 or 9 yrs old, Oh My God that was 60yrs ago :blink:

**** Don,,,,That makes you younger than Mark Grim!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Who used to say'Why show a quarter, when a dime will do?????
wink.gif

Ed Lackey, but MANY have stolen that line. I sure wish that Lackey was still running, he was one of the best racers ever. Frustration if he got the start, he would only show you a nickel. B)
I agree with you on that Marty. I miss racing with Ed. He was always a gentleman.

:lol: :D Hey Rick, In my demented mind I am still "Sweet 16" :p Cris Grim affectionately calls me "Grandpa" :) , but every so often I find the fountain of youth & give him a run for the checkered flag!!!

Ok - I'm running a Nowicki hull (set up by my buddy RJ after I destroyed the original one at Hobart). It has a N/R 35 plus engine. According to Terry's radar gun, I can hit 70+ mph but it isn't consistent :angry:

When I ran it at Celina I picked up some weed on the rudder and this stopped the motor from cooling and burnt a hole in the piston :angry:

Now I have to break in a new motor :lol: :lol:

Olly

Ok - I'm running a Nowicki hull (set up by my buddy RJ after I destroyed the original one at Hobart). It has a N/R 35 plus engine. According to Terry's radar gun, I can hit 70+ mph but it isn't consistent :angry:

When I ran it at Celina I picked up some weed on the rudder and this stopped the motor from cooling and burnt a hole in the piston :angry:

Now I have to break in a new motor :lol: :lol:

Olly
You mean you picked up some [speed]! that thing was SCREAMING!!!

i am running a hawk(many years young) and it is consistant at 55

thank you . :(

somebody has to finish last!

dan
We are just going to ride around with the UFO and see what happens. 5 port Nova AA pipe maybe a camera on top to catch all the action

I am really hoping to see an 80mph B hydro, I have only seen that at flint before. Never seen a Heat Race B hydro going anywhere near that, maybe seen 1 or 2 total 75mph heat boats. At Hobart going fast will help but if you cant drive a tight line, you will need all that speed to catch up / keep up.

This isn't a SAW meet, just hit the clock on time and drive the course tight. Bring your A game as you're gonna need it there. The "B" 'rigger class isn't for the weak of heart at Hobart.

Rick, I don't know why you are so stuck on the age thing but Mark is only 40's In my book that still makes him younger than you!

KIM GRIM!

Rick, I don't know why you are so stuck on the age thing but Mark is only 40's In my book that still makes him younger than you!

KIM GRIM!
Kim,

I really hope you know I was only JOKING????

Humming Bird is ready to fly Frank Orlic motor. Hammer for a coach Three cheers for the Indy club. Walk up the street and get a Martini :) :)

Cool Beans

Nails

Back