21 Hydros at Hobart

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DON MAHER

OK,

First off I am not running this class. I just thought it would be interesting to know what speeds the guys & or gals who are entered are running. So far this is the biggest class posted. During the past year there has been a lot of interest in this class. So this is the time to tell how fast your 21 hydro is! :p

Don :)

Mine does not run super fast but its still a good boat.. its in the 68mph range. Truth is I could care less how fast it goes.. its still just a fun boat to race.

Ninja

OS VZM

H-10 prop

Grim

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Grim,

That sounds very cool & fun :D Your speed is what I see in most heat race conditions (hav'nt seen that meany here on the west coast) Are there any of the 80+mph boats entered??? :p

Are there any of the 80+mph boats entered??? :p

Yup, but usually do only 3 laps......
ohmy.gif

Don:

You're killing me.....

This is my class and I am really dissapointed that I am not going to be there.

Enter smack talk here

Marty..It WAS you class.. there is a new cowboy in town and he is packing a 10 year old design that only goes 68.. wait........ I think I just degraded my self!

WHY THE HECK aint ya going to make it.. whatever the reason that’s OK but you will be missed... look for us on MetimeliveRC! We will make sure we get a shout out to ya!

Lets have a shout out for the last US-1 winners racing the class .. help me fill them in.

1997 Marty Davis (no show)

1999 Ron Zaker Jr / Hawk

2001 John Brown / Eagle (no show)

2002 Grimracer /Ninja

2003 Allen Waddle / Eagle (no show)

2004 Big Bryon / Ninja (no show)

2005 Ron Zaker Jr / Ninja

2006 Chris Wood / Black Bird

2007 Chris Wood / Black Bird

2008 F Pellieron / Jag

2009 Oliver Douglas / Nowicki

2010 Walt Barny / Hull? (No show?)

Grim

Marty,

Sorry you can't make it. :( Was looking forward to meeting you & seeing your very nice and new boat. From the pics and info you gave I am sure it is one of the top runners!

2009 US1 Oliver Douglas :)

Oh and my boat is mid 60's I will guess, haven't really checked it at all........... but it is race-able :)

Bryan Jacuzzi - 69 mph Blackjack/Mac combination is entered and I hope can get some time off to attend

Enter smack talk here

Marty..It WAS you class.. there is a new cowboy in town and he is packing a 10 year old design that only goes 68.. wait........ I think I just degraded my self!

WHY THE HECK aint ya going to make it.. whatever the reason that’s OK but you will be missed... look for us on MetimeliveRC! We will make sure we get a shout out to ya!

Lets have a shout out for the last US-1 winners racing the class .. help me fill them in.

1997 Marty Davis (no show)

1999 Ron Zaker Jr / Hawk

2002 Grimracer /Ninja

2003 Allen Waddle / Eagle (no show)

2004 Big Bryon / Ninja (no show)

2005 Ron Zaker Jr / Ninja

2006 Chris Wood / Black Bird

2007 Chris Wood / Black Bird

2008 F Pellieron / Jag (no show)

2009 Oliver Douglas / Hull?

2010 Walt Barny / Hull? (No show?)

Grim

John Brown 2001.

Marty,

You need to be here. This is what I have heard from others on speeds. Dave Roach-80+, Chris Wood-79+, Mark and Chris Grim-FAST. Last year Brad Beckner won with a stock HAWK. I really wish I ran 20 hydro to get in this mix.

Stu

This is interesting.

I can honestly say ALL of the boats out or our shop have gone over 90 no matter the size.. maybe 100....in the trailer being towed down the highway.. does that count?

Bottom line is...can these super fast boats launch, mill, turn, finish a heat.. etc etc. I wish I had a dime for every superfast boat that had a grand story before it showed up to a contest only to NOT win much.. and yes the drivers are usually good, and the boats are super FAST but....... :) I hate to publish speeds.... why tell them what you have when you may not need to use it.

I had to say it. :)

Feel the Love

Norm Doerr

Marty,

You need to be here. This is what I have heard from others on speeds. Dave Roach-80+, Chris Wood-79+, Mark and Chris Grim-FAST. Last year Brad Beckner won with a stock HAWK. I really wish I ran 20 hydro to get in this mix.

Stu

I agree that "I need to be there", but I just can't afford it this year. It is AWESOME to see my favorite class having the most competitors. Sure isn't that way down here. I am trying to build a class and making progress, but nothing like your entry list.

I probably could not compete with those speeds....

Who used to say'Why show a quarter, when a dime will do?????
wink.gif

Ed Lackey, but MANY have stolen that line. I sure wish that Lackey was still running, he was one of the best racers ever. Frustration if he got the start, he would only show you a nickel. B)

Marty,

Stu

Stu:

Since we are Bench Racing this BEFORE the race.....

You forgot to list my pick..... Probably one of the best finishers in the game, and always "FAST ENOUGH".

I will look at the results after the race and see Ron, Jr's name at the top. B)

i just hope that stuff runs well for me.. i realized long ago you must finish to win. lol

i still have to tell myself that to this day :blink:

Back