21 Hydro on a diet

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe,

I moved up north to Traverse City this past summer,West Bay is still wide

open, no ice. It has been in the mid 40's perfect weather to test still. I am

also going to be a Prop Shop dealer, and I am trying out some NEW PROPS

from England.

Tom,

I don't have a digital camera. I might be able to get some NEW PROPS in a

few weeks,Jim is working on them SOON.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund :)

Last edited by a moderator:
let me know Mark..... $$$ and when..... ill get one from ya I think. maybe make a post...... how about on the mane page..... write up something nice and ill post it for ya....... of course if I got a prop from ya for "review" id have to put a nice word/article on the main page ;)

".... of course if I got a prop from ya for "review" id have to put a nice word/article on the main page"

Awwww Tom, that's not fair ..... using the web site as leverage! LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jaso said:
Scott,What size props will your boat run to be competive? I think I seen Don say some where that the hot prop was a 1450 cut down to a 46 dia. for a .21 rigger?
:angry: Don't laugh, with any of the 3 engines my Jag 2 has had in it that hull will not launch even an H4 very well, let alone H5's 6's , 7's or 10's.

:( While small in "HYDRO" terms my Jag loves An Octura x642 that has it's lead tips cut back and some ramp up pitching on the trailing edge. When engine is at full song the boat runs @ 65 to 68 mph.

<_< A water rocket? Not even !! It's the boat and it does not run any bigger props period, I have tried and tried with little success. Scott

PS. Waiting for my new Mini crapshooter hybrid called a Blackjack. For the most part I am fed up with my Jag 2 and will NOT be racing it this next year, Or ever again for that matter.

Scott, did you ever try the 3rd rear shoe on that boat? A buddy added it to his and went from 60 with an H4 to 68 with an H7 or H10. I think strut weight and sponson angle for him was also key.

I added it to mine and the launch is pretty consistent. I went from an H4 to H5 and can still launch pretty good.

I have run the red-head and now have a new green head black case for this season. I am ditching standard servos, going to mini/micro and trying to lighten up the hardware behind the CG. Seems the more you get the weight forward ( or lighter) the better the launch and turns.

I watched Bobby run his in Slidell. It pulled away from the bank easily with I think an H10. That is my goal.

I know how you feel though Scott. At times I have launched it 10 times just to watch it drop down and stall. Felt like getting out the old shotgun and drilling it at times.

i would have to agree with the weight of 3 3/4 to 4 lbs. my warlok runs great with a h 10/mac 21 and pipe at 4 lbs. launches very easy. i have not flipped it yet this past year. i even practice with the 2 twins in our club on the water. it has been clocked low to mid 70's in practice. i would say most boat weights are not an issue unless you go WAY overboard. it is all in the set-up. just some ideas.

I can say this, working with ron zaker jr. probably the fastest 21 racer out there right now. I know for a fact that the lighter your boat is the easier it will be all around, launch, top speed and excelleration. So with that said, if you can hack cut grind what ever you need to do to make it lighter do it!!

Just make sure you don't weaken the boat to much.

But with that being said, you can have the lightest boat in the world and if you don't get the prop just right you will fight it all day.

just my 2 cents

chris

I have read a bit about the blackjack, have you run one Joe? I assume it launches well?? How's it doing in heat races???

akilbar

the blackjack is a knock off of my 21 warlok boat. which has 8 trophies from 10 races. mostly 1st and 2nds. i know someone will slam what i say but its the truth. i also know the builder will say anything to get your business. i have talked to people that were comparing the boat so they knew which one they wanted to buy and thing were compaired on what was said.also mine is nowhere the cost for what you get.

thanks jon

The Blackjack is new to the market and as far as I know, it's a scaled down Crapshooter just as Jon's is. If it's a knock off, it's a knock off of Ron Jefferson's 21 Crapshooter not a Warlock. I guess you could say the Warlock is a knock off of Ron's boat.

How it runs, I don't know because I don't have one yet. I can tell you that both the Blackjack and the Warlock should be good boats from what I've seen.

I made the decision to get the Blackjack based on how Ron's boat runs.

I assume Brad and others ( yourself) will be running one in Dayton this spring? I would like to see warlocks, blackjacks and whatever else there is.

Another club member and I will likely be there with Jag 2's. He is upgrading to a new Nova Rossi Long Stroke and I have the CMB LS Black Case. Man the prices on these little motors keeps going up. $320 retail for a CMB LS 21.

On the water, the Jag 2 handles really well, but like my sarcastic buddy says, they are all stable if they are slow.....

I love this sport.

I've never been to Dayton but like going to London and Celina. If Dayton has a Novice class for my son, I'll consider it.

I hope to have my boat finished in time to go to the Spring Nats in Atlanta in April.

<_< If it's a knock off, it's a knock off of Ron Jefferson's 21 Crapshooter not a Warlock.

I agree with Joe on this one. Want to get picky? then all riggers are a knockoff of ones that came before. Don Pinkert and his coyotes as well as Avenger boats with those funny lookin Wing Dings pretty much put the outrigger type of boat design on the water first and from there it's been better the best and you get some buisness building boats.

No copyright or patent infringement, Only good o'l engineering refined. :D Scott

Actually it would be Don Pinkert's GATOR boat.......it came long before the Coyote :p

Guest_Eric Canto said:
Actually it would be Don Pinkert's GATOR boat.......it came long before the Coyote :p
My first outrigger. Built a 40 with a K&B 6.5 on a mini stack and took it the '78 Indy Unlimited. Didn't have a clue what I was doing, fun though!

Guest_Eric Canto said:
Pinckert had a rigger befoere the Gator. Forgot what it was called now.

I built a Gator in 1977. My first rigger was a scratch built in 1976.

There were a few guys building riggers in the early 70's can't say who was really first. They all looked truely like 2X4's with front sponsons. Pinckert's first rigger had no rears. Not sure what year that boat was built (1969-70?). Some of the others had very narrow rears.

Remember the 1969 Pay-Pak Rigger! Maybe the first rigger was not R/C!

I saw pics of some Swedish riggers in the early 70's. They were nice looking boats with rounded corner and nice lines. Even rear wings like the Unlimiteds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back