21 GT JAE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big thanks to Mark and Adam and other's for the latest info!! Sorry to hear about your daughter Mark. I've been out of town on a hunting trip, will begin testing again for the Vegas race. Keep the info coming for the 21GT it's a great heat racing boat. Lastly if Martin ever gets the time to heat race he will surly be a winner! Tim

Although I don't heat race (kinda busy!) , my 2 lap boats are not specific 2 lap boats per say. I know everyone thinks I have specific 2 lap boats, very small and light, need glass water etc....NO! Saw boats are a different story.

I consider them heat racing boats and build them with that mindset because you can never count on good water as we all know, and sometimes a record can be set a few laps into a run ,but most important is lap 2 needs to be as fast as lap 1, it needs to handle some chop!!! The mirror flat water that people think show up at record trials are a myth. Pretty much run the same boats that people are now heat racing with and doing very well!

I was testing a new prop on the 21 boat in Valdosta last feb and ran an 18.0 2 lap in almost white caps!

Could it heat race at 90? If it had to and the conditions were right yes ,but how often does that happen? Point is that it's not any different than what guys race with and it doesn't need a prop developed or a 10000 dollar engine or super aerodynamics. 2007 Jae T 3-3/4 lbs 21DD Bouchie pipe. Good luck guys and most of all have fun!

Although I don't heat race (kinda busy!) , my 2 lap boats are not specific 2 lap boats per say. I know everyone thinks I have specific 2 lap boats, very small and light, need glass water etc....NO! Saw boats are a different story.

I consider them heat racing boats and build them with that mindset because you can never count on good water as we all know, and sometimes a record can be set a few laps into a run ,but most important is lap 2 needs to be as fast as lap 1, it needs to handle some chop!!! The mirror flat water that people think show up at record trials are a myth. Pretty much run the same boats that people are now heat racing with and doing very well!

I was testing a new prop on the 21 boat in Valdosta last feb and ran an 18.0 2 lap in almost white caps!

Could it heat race at 90? If it had to and the conditions were right yes ,but how often does that happen? Point is that it's not any different than what guys race with and it doesn't need a prop developed or a 10000 dollar engine or super aerodynamics. 2007 Jae T 3-3/4 lbs 21DD Bouchie pipe. Good luck guys and most of all have fun!
I can attest to this after seeing a few of Martins boats a few years ago. He also helped me with some advice when I was building mine with very very minimal changes to the stock kit (some thinner wood here and there and tub height) I could never get the boat over 74mph, but that same exact boat/motor/pipe combo went to Australia with Ian Inverarity and went over 80mph right out of the shipping box.

These boats just work. Period.

Yep, boat pipe prop nitro + DRIVER= 18.0 sec 2 lap. Doc

New JAE 21 GT and JAE twin F hydro are in the planning and acquiring material stage. 2 large sheets divinicyl 4x8 ft have arrived, CF and Delrin are in.

21GT AND F HYDRO KITS ARE IN.

Couple of races left then construction begins

I can attest to this after seeing a few of Martins boats a few years ago. He also helped me with some advice when I was building mine with very very minimal changes to the stock kit (some thinner wood here and there and tub height) I could never get the boat over 74mph, but that same exact boat/motor/pipe combo went to Australia with Ian Inverarity and went over 80mph right out of the shipping box.

These boats just work. Period.
Rodney,

Ian's boat was smoking fast! All of you guys have set the "racing speed bar" way up there that's for sure. It will be great to see these boats race together. I'm looking forward to that! Things happen in nano seconds at those speeds.

What props do you find work best with these JAE 21GT built right out of the box Martin? I see that you like the Bouchie pipe with your .21DD. I will have to give one a try! All i have ran on mine is a SPP carbon and the Novarossi 50040 pipe so far.

Hey guys thanks again for the great posts with lot's of great info about the 21GT. However keep in mind that we have a great many new and novice boaters that are looking for info about the Zip Kit 21gt kit and how it performs in it's stock form. The boat that I'm testing was built from the kit and my engines are stock. So the 21GT kit with a CMB or NR engine is a competitive boat for both beginner and advanced boaters.

What props do you find work best with these JAE 21GT built right out of the box Martin? I see that you like the Bouchie pipe with your .21DD. I will have to give one a try! All i have ran on mine is a SPP carbon and the Novarossi 50040 pipe so far.
1815 is a fun prop...

Last edited by a moderator:
Fellas,

I received my finished GT-21 last weekend from David Murany

and I can tell you David has done an INCREDIBLE JOB on this

boat. After our last race of the season this weekend I will get some

testing in and have plenty to share with others on this Beautiful Boat.

1815's to start with, then 1817's, and if she wants more the 1915's

should be the ticket. Jim has lots of options coming in next weeks mail.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

Back