.21 CMB RS Outboard Crankshaft Problems

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my CMB .21rs outboard today. I can feel a very slight bit of play if I hold the flywheel & the pto output where the flex shaft goes in. I don't know if it's enough. I don't know if mine is a new & improved model????? Mine is black with a red head.

I am reluctant to slot the hole because I am afraid of that making it out of balance. Maybe I should just slightly open up the hole more? How do you get that part out of the pto?

Don,

The PTO Shaft is a press fit in the PTO Bearings. To remove it you need to support the PTO Housing with enough space under it to allow the shaft with its round disc to come through. When you have it in this position you should be able to gently tap/push the square drive end of the PTO Shaft through the bearings.

Good luck,

James

I got my CMB .21rs outboard today. I can feel a very slight bit of play if I hold the flywheel & the pto output where the flex shaft goes in. I don't know if it's enough. I don't know if mine is a new & improved model????? Mine is black with a red head.
I am reluctant to slot the hole because I am afraid of that making it out of balance. Maybe I should just slightly open up the hole more? How do you get that part out of the pto?

easy to get out just undo the 4 bolts holding the pto pull it out and pust the shaft from the bottom

as for being out of balance it will have no effect on the balance of the motor in anyway

cheers ian

Back