2017 IMPBA Internats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sam, unless they are doing it different,

you can get three sets of times on the Straights, if you do them all without returning to the pits...

4 passes total, but if the middle two are the best, then u can use them

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple more questions---

1. How many attempts at the 2 lap ovel??

2. I saw conflicting answers on engine. Can you change engines for each discipline???

Thanks for bearing with me.

Robert,

Let me know if you decide to go. I can swing through Denver and pick you up on the way. I'm taking a trailer and extra tables.

Al Hobbs
Al,

I will let you know. Going to make a decision on this real soon. Sorry forgot to get back to you on skiing. It was a crazy few months around here and every time I went to call Something distracted me. Ended up taking the family on a cruise. Ill call you soon and catch up.

Robert,

Yes the two lap works the same as Straight Away. And you may change motors so long as it is the right class motor for what you are running.

Pete,

I would say not.

you can get three sets of times on the Straights, if you do them all without returning to the pits...

Brian are you coming to the NATS?

You can't stand at the OR TABLE ALL THE TIME!

Come have some fun. We need more Sport 40's and scales and yours are FAST.

So what changes can be made to the boat from the SAW portion to the heat racing? Just curious.
David.. here is the draw for a lot of US one racers..

For instance.

A B boat.. its your best running B boat (mono or whatever)

You test your best oval setup.. prop, strut, weight.. whatever.. you have paid your dues at the test pond

You test your best SAW setup.. Prop, Strut, Weight.. whatever.. you have paid your dues at the test pond

You test your best Heat setup.. prop, strut, weight.. whatever.. you have paid your dues at the test pond

You pit your hard work against other that have also paid dues..

its really a great contest. In the past I have learned a ton.. Now.. you don't have to go to the test pond and spend the time.. BUT.. your stories of your time at the pond.. and your setups.. its really fun.

Grim

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian are you coming to the NATS?

You can't stand at the OR TABLE ALL THE TIME!

Come have some fun. We need more Sport 40's and scales and yours are FAST.
Doc, Brian is signed up already. We do need more tunnel hulls and monos so get them entered guys and gals. Where are the Preusse's?

Robert.. if you have a SAW engine.. or prop.. or pipe.. or sponsons.. you can change them for the SAW contest.

You can not change the tub...

Grim

Yep, Doc signed up this week

Hope to bring my son Matthew too

looking forward to the trials! its been awhile...

Robert you can lay down two times on the ovals during your 5 minutes on the lake

Best one counts. Usually I run in lane two for the first one and then tight for the second. U gotta get a valid time, or you are out of the US-1 picture

hitting a buoy invalidates your time and might kill the boat, so first one is conservative. Same with straights. be sure you get a time!!! then lean it down.

Racers we are a month away from the deadline of the 2017 Internats. All of our Hydro classes are filling up very nice with the best boats and racers in the country. You can learn more at this event that you can learn all year.It is great to see all of the different setups and talk to all of the racers. And all of them will help anyone to have a better race boat. That is what this hobby is about. What we are short on all the tunnel, mono, sport 40 and scale classes. I know that there are many tunnel's, mono's, sport 40's and scale's out there. It would be bad to miss this premier event of the year. If you are planning to attend please shoot me a e-mail at [email protected]. This way we can get a better idea of what we need.

Thanks

Mark

Okay time to get your entries in and most of the rigger classes have made US-1 but we need some monos and tunnel hulls entering too. Along with sport 40's and 1/8th scales!

B Mono, F Mono, Sport 40 just need 1 or 2 boats to make 8. 19 days left to sign up. The competition that will be at this race is as good as it gets! Don't miss out!

I'm getting some food trucks to set up a few of the days for lunch it will be a varition for the different days. So guys will not need to leave the site to get something for lunch.

Back