2016 IMPBA Nitro Nats / Internats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A huge thank you to the RMBC for a great event!

Amazing site, great hospitality and super racing, that's my first time with the shootout format and I liked it very much.

Having a start line string made calling the starts much easier and virtually eliminated any "discussion". I wish more clubs did this.

Thanks again!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Big thanks to the Rochester club for hosting a great Nats. I had a great time,met some new friends,and raced boats. Everyone can get some sleep now!!!!!

Hey guys looks like you all had a great time at the 2016 Nitro nationals I'm very happy to hear that, I knew that they would do a great Job just by the past experience from the 2015 Gas Nat's that they put on last year My hat goes off to all the RMBC members Great Job guys and thank you to all that came to this event at one of our great racing locations up here in D1.

We hope you all had a great time! Congrats to all the winners! It was great to see some friends and make some new ones for sure. Saturday night's bonfire was a hoot. Going to take a few days to recover.

Any results from the nitro nats.
B Hydro - Mike Betke National ChampionB Mono - Ron Shaw National Champion

B Mod Tunnel - John Otto National Campion

B sport Tunnel - Ron Shaw National Champion

D Tunnel - Ron Shaw National Champion

D Hydro - Rob Betke National Champion

D Mono - Charles Dukes National Champiom

Sport 40 - Phil Thomas National Champion

E Hydro - Doug Twaits National Champion

E Mono - Michael Brevoort National Champion

F Hydro - Stu Barr National Champion

F - Mono - Sam Bowden National Champion

Scale - Rob Betke National Champion

Twin Hydro - Stu Barr National Champion

Presidents Cup - Stu Barr

I may have forgot one or two classes but that's what I can remember. Congrats to all the winners it was a great race and an awesome site! The Rochester Club did a great job thanks again!
Congrats to all the Champions.

A special thanks to Cindy Driver who was pit boss for most of the weekend and also arranged the Dinner Sat. night and sold raffle tickets as well. A shout out to big Mike Menter who didn't run a boat but donated his time all weekend as a pit boss & other duties.

Great to meet some old friends. One of the best race sites I've seen. Got a good view of the course for a few hours from the CD tower. However, would have been better if I had some boats there. Next time.

One award that was not mentioned was the Bill Lefeber award for outstanding service and sportsmanship for the organization.

This award went to the entire Rochester Model Boat Club. Well deserved. This was my first time racing with you guys and you guys are a class act. I was very impressed with how well everybody in the club gets along and helps out. For a club that runs mostly gas boats, you guys stepped up for the nitro community and put this on for the rest of the organization when we needed it. I cannot thank you enough.

Good people, great site = lots of fun. Take a break and enjoy the rest of the season. You guys deserve it.

We hope you all had a great time! Congrats to all the winners! It was great to see some friends and make some new ones for sure. Saturday night's bonfire was a hoot. Going to take a few days to recover.
Matt,

Hanging with you guys and other racers after the day of racing, along with the bonfire of course
default_wink.png
, was one of our highlights of the event as well. Your Rochester Club has it figured out. Impressive how so many of your members, although they race gas only, supported the event as much as your nitro members and hung in there daily to make sure this event was successful. Many other clubs can learn from your group. Please say thanks from Mike and I to the owners, the thoughtful couple on the gator that oversees the property (gave us the largest head of broccoli from their garden that we have ever seen), the restaurant managers and waitresses that took care of all of the boaters each evening as we hung around the restaurant and bar (and for the great banquet dinner they provided), as well as your Rochester Club members. Special thanks to you, Rob, Tom, and Kevin for your new friendship and hospitality. On a lighter note, the racing was awesome as well!!!....
default_wink.png
We met a lot of people we had previously only talked to through IW, Facebook, or on the phone, and made many new friends as well. This was a great race event!!!

We really had a great race, hope to do it again sometime.

I came out on top of the class in sport 40 and sport 20. There were some really good races in the later rounds when the top 6 got the boats tuned perfectly. Mat Smith and I had a great race with our SuperSport45 boats in sport 40, waiting to see that video.

I dropped to third place in scale hydro cause the competition really got tougher and I came to the 4th round with a dead receiver battery so it was a dns.

Won the sport 40 with a bit of luck, got to the 5th round in first place. The clock started and when I turned on my radio it was not responding, got a dns. Well Charles was in second place and Rob was in third place. turns out rob won the last heat and charles died on the launch. I had enough of a point lead to hold onto the first place with Rob 2nd and Charles 3rd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt,

Hanging with you guys and other racers after the day of racing, along with the bonfire of course
default_wink.png
, was one of our highlights of the event as well. Your Rochester Club has it figured out. Impressive how so many of your members, although they race gas only, supported the event as much as your nitro members and hung in there daily to make sure this event was successful. Many other clubs can learn from your group. Please say thanks from Mike and I to the owners, the thoughtful couple on the gator that oversees the property (gave us the largest head of broccoli from their garden that we have ever seen), the restaurant managers and waitresses that took care of all of the boaters each evening as we hung around the restaurant and bar (and for the great banquet dinner they provided), as well as your Rochester Club members. Special thanks to you, Rob, Tom, and Kevin for your new friendship and hospitality. On a lighter note, the racing was awesome as well!!!....
default_wink.png
We met a lot of people we had previously only talked to through IW, Facebook, or on the phone, and made many new friends as well. This was a great race event!!!
It was our pleasure having yourself and everyone else. Can't say that we didn't have a few sleepless nights and stressful weeks before this event, but looking back on it now it was all worth it. Glad everyone enjoyed themselves and got home safely. This was probably the most fun I've had at a race without bringing home any hardware. Can't wait to do it again!

We had an awesome time with everyone last week, it was great to see a bunch of our friends and make a lot of new ones. I think as of today, I have overcome the effects of the sleep deprivation, sun exposure, and the beverages that I may have consumed...

There were a few people who asked if they could still order an event shirt, and the vendor does have transfers to make 10 more shirts if you would like to place an order at this URL:

http://pressininkstore.com/rmbc

You can choose a bunch of different colors, and they will ship it right to you.

Have a great day, I hope to see you soon !

Thanks,

Rob

We had an awesome time with everyone last week, it was great to see a bunch of our friends and make a lot of new ones. I think as of today, I have overcome the effects of the sleep deprivation, sun exposure, and the beverages that I may have consumed...

There were a few people who asked if they could still order an event shirt, and the vendor does have transfers to make 10 more shirts if you would like to place an order at this URL:

http://pressininkstore.com/rmbc

You can choose a bunch of different colors, and they will ship it right to you.

Have a great day, I hope to see you soon !

Thanks,

Rob

Got the shirts Rob. Thanks again. They look awesome. Mike and I look forward to seeing you guys again soon.

Thanks to all the racers who attended this years Nitro Nats in Rochester. We had great weather and the water was smooth all weekend long. It was great to meet some new people in our hobby, and of course always good to see some familiar faces. Special thank you to Bruce Jacobs, Stu Barr, Ray & Sam Bowden, Mike Betke, Mike Hallam, & Terry Keeley for helping out in the refereed tower. Even Juice made the trip up for a day! Also a special thank you to all the sponsors of the event who either sponsored a class or donated raffle items to the club. Ron Jefferson was the lucky winner of a brand new .21 CMB! Tom Kelly was the winner of the scale concourse with his rcboatworks peters and may boat, and Stu Barr won the presidents cup with his twin rocking all weekend long.

RMBC was honored that we were selected as a group for the Bill Lefeber award, we all worked hard as a group and it was great that we were all recognized of our efforts. We hope many of you come back and visit for our annual Carey Lake Classic race! I will be posting the final scores shortly I just need to turn the excel into a PDF and get them uploaded to the site. Thanks again to all! Happy Boating,

Matt Schofield

Latest posts

Back