2014 Herb Stewart Challange - Round III

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol. I have been ridiculously busy since I moved to sc. I have not even had a chance to hardly look at my boats since the race last year. I have some work to do but I hope to have a couple boats ready to run. I'll be on my way down to key west for the worlds the next week so I am hoping to tie it all together

These are (Herb Stewart race that is) the true Worlds anyway these days?
default_wub.png

As stated in a previous post, if you don't like using paypal you can mail a check into the address on the other Herb Stewart thread to Mike C and once he receives your check he will manually add your entry for you.

This isn't new, a lot of clubs have been doing this for a while and it works really well. In the past at races we've had problems with people signing up and then not showing up, and not even notifying us that they aren't coming. What this could mean is, if a class if filled by someone and they no show, that means someone who would of actually came and raced now misses out because of that other person. By making people putting forth their money as a way of commitment it cuts down on the no shows. We've left off the late fee for boats for this exact reason, you can sign up for the race up until the week of the race, I believe we set it to the Wednesday before the race. We ask that you sign up as soon as you know you are committing to come as it will help us with planning etc.

If it becomes an issue we will definitely revisit this as we want to be fair to everyone but we also know it's impossible to make a 100% of the people happy but we try our best to listen to the masses and go with the general consensus.

Matt
A change in the entry / race flier to allow mail in and at the race payments would increase the entry count this far out and also increase interest and boat count- regardless of how many show. But it seems the powers that be - cant see the forest through the tree's at this point. No matter how many dont show- with the given format that has been laid in their hands - it allows PLENTY of time to handle it on Sat am. Many racers - Mic and Jay for example , normally pay at the race or mail in, with the amount of boats they run , I dont blame them for holding their entries. Change the entry and watch what happens-

back to my hole ...................

I have always thought the mail in or even write in the day of the race on a small deal like this could help entries . If a guy heard about it from the flier at the local hobby shop and just happened to show up and want to compete even with an old setup could he ? Times have changed but my first race in FL was discovered at House Of Hobbies in Clearwater in 1983 with a flier posted on the wall with all the airplane contest /meet fliers that were posted as well . I just stumbled on it and Bob Kotamackie told me to call this dude named Larry Beals to get in . Been racing ever since ! Have fun !!
default_biggrin.png
:D

holy toledo, now its looking like a good race to be at...I would be kicking myself if I wasn't coming to this race

Entry's have doubled, 50 boats now! How about it northerner's? The weather should still be in the 80's, it would be a good break from the cold.

Back