2013 New Riggers, Let's see um!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being a pound or so lighter than a lot of 20 boats. The boat was very stable. ... I do got fix the rudder mount... the wood mount just ripped of the side of the tub... tub is fine... prop got hurt and rudder got ding in trailing edge

Last edited by a moderator:
paul, on my jae .21 with a zipp rudder & bracket wouldn't stay tight. even with the transom plated on both sides. like rodney says, use a standard rudder & bracket. then add a flat brace (alum. or cf) down the side of the tub (in & out), & extend the outer plate onto the outside of the rudder bracket. drill a pair of small holes & either tap the bracket or through bolt it to the brace. mine stays put now ;) . i can send pics to email or cell #, if you want, lmk.

Just completed my new gas rigger but will have to wait till I return home from holiday next month before I can test run her. I will just have to be patient ! :rolleyes:

IMG_4716.JPG

IMG_4718.JPG

IMG_4719.JPG

IMG_4720.JPG

IMG_4721.JPG

IMG_4722.JPG

IMG_4723.JPG

Thanks guys... I am making a bracket real similar to joes... tub is only 2 inches wide can't mount conventional rudder bracket

Im thinking a carbon fiber plate inside of the radio box to spread the load.

Im thinking a carbon fiber plate inside of the radio box to spread the load.
Absolutely and can put another CF plate at the back of the transom. Done that on several of my riggers. Makes it real strong and really does not add any weight to it.

Here is a bracket we made for my JAE...

attachicon.gif
060.JPG

joe
Here is a bracket we made for my JAE...
attachicon.gif
060.JPG joe
Here is my version

Back