2012 Hobbico E-Fest

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found video of the repelling dude.. BUT.. it looks like Charlie was in the jungle and he did not survive when he got off the rope.. You could see muzzle flashes and down he went…

Enter taps here.............

I will upload to YouTube tonight..

Grim

lol....... that was great grim... ya, dude had a long fall,,, the rope was short.... :lol: :lol: charlies in the tree's,,bird needed to leave..... lol :lol: ...great work on the repelling dude grim thats really neat.....

now thats a cool picture... that one is worthy of a frame sir......wish i was close enough to go to e-fest but its just no possible..... :( ...but i love to watch the video footage of it,,,thanks to the world wide web :D

thats killer man... i got to thinkin about that grim,,,,, what if you put a small knot in the end of the rope... lil dude could repel down and stop at the knot,, then you could lower him to safety,, when he touches the ground he comes off the rope... that be cool too........ either way i love your enthusiasm on that project....

Thanks man.. The line I use is mason line. I have to burn the end each time before I thread the dude on.. then after he is on I have to cut the burn back off. If the guy hangs up.. all hell breaks loose.

Truth is it takes about 15 min to get the heli ready to do that each time.

Glad you enjoyed the flight. Its many hours of testing to get that to fly and work as well as it does.

Grim

oh wow..... that kinda stinks,,, so basicaly after so many times you need to replace the rope right??? its cool regardless..... here is another idea for you,,, if you have any open channels you could have a winch servo lower a rope with a magnet and pick the dudes up and reel em in......lol.....

Every time I fly it people say "now the real trick is to pick him back up".. not just once and awhile.. everytime. lol..

My 600 size (50 size) A-109 has a winch. (pic)

Im quite sure with a magnet on the skid and a magnet on the dude I could pick him back up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ronald,

Yea that crap just keeps growing and I hate getting my hair cut.. have sence i was a little boy.

I hope to have a new 600 size MD 530 flying this summer. Should be a fun summer.

Take care

Grimracer

Every time I fly it people say "now the real trick is to pick him back up".. not just once and awhile.. everytime. lol..

My 600 size (50 size) A-109 has a winch. (pic)

Im quite sure with a magnet on the skid and a magnet on the dude I could pick him back up.
when is he going to fire live rounds coming down the rope? lololol

Back