2010 IMPBA District 14 Races

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddog

May 15-16 Evansville, Indiana

June 5-6 Celina, Ohio

June 19-20 Evansville, Indiana

July 3 Madison, Indiana

July 31-Aug 1 Can-Am, Celina Ohio

August 7, Huber's Wine Run Starlight, Indiana

August 21-22 Quad Counties, Sellersburg Indiana

September 10-11-12 Indy Masters, Hobart, Indiana

September 25-26 Evansville, Indiana

All races are point races

No dropped races.

Series Classes:

RTR

B Sport Tunnel

Sport 20

Sport 40

1/8 Scale

Thunderboat

Gas Sport Hydro

Gas Cat

Overall High Points, Not a trophy class but winner get choice of Blazer Marine Kit. A great thanks To Brian Blazer for his support of District 14 events.

5.00 class entry Fee

10.00 Scale fee per boat

25.00 Club hosting fee.

A big thanks to all club presidents for making this possible.

Lets go racing!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

June 5-6 Celina, Ohio

July 3 Madison, Indiana

No dropped races.

Series Classes:

RTR

B Sport Tunnel

Sport 20

Sport 40

1/8 Scale

Thunderboat

Gas Sport Hydro

Gas Cat

Overall High Points, Not a trophy class but winner get choice of Blazer Marine Kit. A great thanks To Brian Blazer for his support of District 14 events.

5.00 class entry Fee

10.00 Scale fee per boat

25.00 Club hosting fee.

Lets go racing!!!!!

"July 31-Aug 1 Can-Am, Celina Ohio" what is this race?

June 5-6 Celina, Ohio

July 3 Madison, Indiana

No dropped races.

Series Classes:

RTR

B Sport Tunnel

Sport 20

Sport 40

1/8 Scale

Thunderboat

Gas Sport Hydro

Gas Cat

5.00 class entry Fee

10.00 Scale fee per boat

25.00 Club hosting fee.

Lets go racing!!!!!

A new club and a new ponts race, I hear they have alot of give aways for the race

June 5-6 Celina, Ohio

July 3 Madison, Indiana

No dropped races.

Series Classes:

RTR

B Sport Tunnel

Sport 20

Sport 40

1/8 Scale

Thunderboat

Gas Sport Hydro

Gas Cat

5.00 class entry Fee

10.00 Scale fee per boat

25.00 Club hosting fee.

Lets go racing!!!!!

A new club and a new ponts race, I hear they have alot of give aways for the race

awesome thanks!

where is the club from?

June 5-6 Celina, Ohio

July 3 Madison, Indiana

No dropped races.

Series Classes:

RTR

B Sport Tunnel

Sport 20

Sport 40

1/8 Scale

Thunderboat

Gas Sport Hydro

Gas Cat

5.00 class entry Fee

10.00 Scale fee per boat

25.00 Club hosting fee.

Lets go racing!!!!!

awesome thanks!

where is the club from?

They are a district two club and are hosting a joint points race

June 5-6 Celina, Ohio

July 3 Madison, Indiana

No dropped races.

Series Classes:

RTR

B Sport Tunnel

Sport 20

Sport 40

1/8 Scale

Thunderboat

Gas Sport Hydro

Gas Cat

5.00 class entry Fee

10.00 Scale fee per boat

25.00 Club hosting fee.

Lets go racing!!!!!

awesome thanks!

where is the club from?
Brian,

Im not sure of all the club members, but I do know that Tom Kelly, Steve Peterson and Dave Kidd are all members. You might want to check with one of them for details. I understand some great ideas and prizes will be part of their race program. Should be a good race!

Later, Ron

You gonna guarantee all point racers a spot at Hobart? Whats wrong with dropping one race? Looks like making all these races point races, your gonna end up hurting the points racing. Take into account that alot of people still cant afford to do all this traveling, it was hard I know on a couple of us last year, but we still made all of them and now you add alot more series races. I may be wrong but I think this is gonna hurt your turnout.

You gonna guarantee all point racers a spot at Hobart? Whats wrong with dropping one race? Looks like making all these races point races, your gonna end up hurting the points racing. Take into account that alot of people still cant afford to do all this traveling, it was hard I know on a couple of us last year, but we still made all of them and now you add alot more series races. I may be wrong but I think this is gonna hurt your turnout.
Actually Hobart will NOT be a points race. Stu confirmed this,being a 3 day race and the fact as he has plenty on his plate its out for points...............

I know making all races will be hard and I doubt that everyone will be able to but it is the same for everyone, equal across the board. I was afraid that Hobart would not be a points race since Stu was unable to attend the conference call. The conference call was attended by district 14 club presidents and everything that was set for the points series was voted on by the presidents. The only club presidents unable to make the conference call was Mike Starret of the propnuts and Stu Barr of the Indy club. Lets see how this goes this season and if needed it can be tweeked for next season. Again I would like to thank all of the club presidents for their participation in this process. Also if anybody has any ideas on unique trophies let me know. This is a great district and lets keep working together to keep it that way. Lets go Racing!!

Hey Rocky,

how come RTR isn't offered at the Can Am race in Celina on July 31- Aug 1??? RTR is a points class and there's no entry on the form. But yet they advertise Dist 2/14 points race. Dont get it. This is a class that keps getting more entries every year. I hear there are a couple of new ones here in Evansville this year.

I have not looked at the entry form for the Can-Am race but i will email them and see if they will offer it if they get enough entrants. IIt is up to each club as to what classes they want to offer but I would think they should have the classes that are in the series.

I have not looked at the entry form for the Can-Am race but i will email them and see if they will offer it if they get enough entrants. IIt is up to each club as to what classes they want to offer but I would think they should have the classes that are in the series.
Is their B-Tunnel for sport , mod, or are they running them both togeather?

I think they fixed the flyer but forgot to change it. We talked about it in the District meeting. Steve knows if its going to be a series race which he wants it to be it should have all the series classes

I think they fixed the flyer but forgot to change it. We talked about it in the District meeting. Steve knows if its going to be a series race which he wants it to be it should have all the series classes
It is Stock B Tunnel only. At this point, RTR is not offered.

When we were coming up with our format, our discussion revolved around offering racers the opportunity to run 5 rounds in two days with the second day being a shorter day to allow for travel home. The classes we have offered were to try and accomodate the masses. Our first draft of this race included only 8 classes and we have already increased it to 10. We want to be able to complete the five rounds as was our original plan; however, if we keep adding classes, we won't get 5 rounds in. Also, we wanted to offer something special and unique - a new motor for first place and yes, we will have them with us. The winner will be taking it home. Now if I'm not mistaken, I don't believe this has ever been done before.

Our club is comprised of a group of like minded individuals who want to strive to advance the hobby/sport. We are actively looking at ground breaking ideas to incorporate into racing. We also want to work at growing the presence of the IMPBA within Canada and the United States. Since our club is comprised or both Canadian and US members, that is how the name evolved.

We have a club meeting coming up on February 21st and I would imagine that we will be discussing what has transpired so far.

Dave

When we were coming up with our format, our discussion revolved around offering racers the opportunity to run 5 rounds in two days with the second day being a shorter day to allow for travel home. The classes we have offered were to try and accomodate the masses. Our first draft of this race included only 8 classes and we have already increased it to 10. We want to be able to complete the five rounds as was our original plan; however, if we keep adding classes, we won't get 5 rounds in. Also, we wanted to offer something special and unique - a new motor for first place and yes, we will have them with us. The winner will be taking it home. Now if I'm not mistaken, I don't believe this has ever been done before.

Our club is comprised of a group of like minded individuals who want to strive to advance the hobby/sport. We are actively looking at ground breaking ideas to incorporate into racing. We also want to work at growing the presence of the IMPBA within Canada and the United States. Since our club is comprised or both Canadian and US members, that is how the name evolved.

We have a club meeting coming up on February 21st and I would imagine that we will be discussing what has transpired so far.

Dave

[/quote

Dave

[/quote
All d-14 series races need to have all series classes offered Hope this does not turn out to be a problem

Dave

[/quote
All d-14 series races need to have all series classes offered Hope this does not turn out to be a problem
My opinion, If RTR is not offered since it's a point series race, then this race should NOT be considered a series point race.

I'm assuming that hte Celina race will be held at the same park where the IMPBA Gas Nat's was held a few years ago. The Fort Wayne Driftwood and Cincy MBC partnered up for that event.

Not having the Indy Masters race as part of the points series was a good idea as recers come from all over the place for that event. It would be a nightmare like trying to have the Internat's part of a district's points series.

Hi Ron

The racing at Celina will be in the park were the gas nats were held at.

Dave Roach

Dave

[/quote
My opinion, If RTR is not offered since it's a point series race, then this race should NOT be considered a series point race.
Just to provide an update, we will not be offering RTR and Sport 20 at our race in Celina. We have decided to stick with our original format so that we can complete the 5 rounds of racing. Good luck in your points series.

Back