*** 2008 Spring Nats Recap ***

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamar_Huff

Hey Gang,

On behalf of the Atlanta Model Boaters and the entire Huff family I want to thank each and every person that attended the 2008 Spring Nationals. The weather turned out absolutely fantastic and the racing was even better!

There were lot's of fast boats and great drivers in attendance. There were no "gimmie" classes, if you walked away with a trophy you down right DESERVED it!

Talk about hard core racing... On Saturday we raced from 7:45 in the morning until after 8PM, pushing through 93 heats. We started back up @ 7:45 on Sunday morning and finished up with the trophy presentation somewhere around 6:30 - 7PM. 168 heats, 2 run-offs, and the most EXCITING Twin shootout yet, with the final two contestants rubbing sponsons coming off of buoy 6 & drag racing for the finish.

Standing will be posted later...

Thanks again!

Lamar Huff

President

Atlanta Model Boaters

Was a excellent time.... and thank god i got there wednesday morning to get a premo spot, it sure did fill up fast :eek:

Got to thank mother nature for only dropping a little sprinkle on us saturday morning and leaving the rest of the weekend nice. B)

btw Lamar............ WOOHOO I WON! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I think im banned from being around anytime the raffle drawings are done now LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks AMB hats off to you good job. Now out to buy some salad fixins. I have enough dressing :D

Rod Hendricks

Thanks AMB hats off to you good job. Now out to buy some salad fixins. I have enough dressing :D
Rod Hendricks

I have heard through the grapevine that Florida was well represented in both contestants and TROPHIES WON.

Marty Davis

I have heard through the grapevine that Florida was well represented in both contestants and TROPHIES WON.

Marty Davis

Marty,

I'm sure Rod is too much a gentleman to say so himself, so I'll say it for him... FIVE classes run and FOUR first place finishes.

Also John Otto, FIVE classes run and THREE first place, one second place finish.

Not bad at all!

Mr.Reik 2 classes ran one 1st and 1 2nd isn't to shabby either,,Great Job to all But one thing is for sure Rod will go back next year !LOL

Steve Hearl

Good Job ATLANTA CLUB. Chuck kept the heats Rolling on Sat. 92-93 heats the 1st day of racing. Lots of Fast boats, Good People, & the B B Q Smoke & the laughs were Rolling... Maybe the BEST 16 Twins I have ever seen. Many Boaters made the Nitro Trip from the FL Area too... Special Thanks to Mike Stewart for making the FLY-OVER from San Diego to assist in Pitting & Cooking. Thanks Mike!! NOW its time to Wash your BALLS & Bearings & Get them.... TWINS BABY!!!!....... READY for the EVANSVILLE JUNE B) RACE........

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Gang,
On behalf of the Atlanta Model Boaters and the entire Huff family I want to thank each and every person that attended the 2008 Spring Nationals. The weather turned out absolutely fantastic and the racing was even better!

There were lot's of fast boats and great drivers in attendance. There were no "gimmie" classes, if you walked away with a trophy you down right DESERVED it!

Talk about hard core racing... On Saturday we raced from 7:45 in the morning until after 8PM, pushing through 93 heats. We started back up @ 7:45 on Sunday morning and finished up with the trophy presentation somewhere around 6:30 - 7PM. 168 heats, 2 run-offs, and the most EXCITING Twin shootout yet, with the final two contestants rubbing sponsons coming off of buoy 6 & drag racing for the finish.

Thanks again!

Lamar Huff

President

Atlanta Model Boaters
Thanks for a great race! You and your family / club members really keep things moving. Nice weather and alot of new faces. We had a great time!

Ron Zaker Jr

Thank You Atlanta Model Boaters. I had a great time and am looking forward to your next race. I would also like to thank everyone for the support they gave me with my new business. There is someone all the boaters can trust now to do any of their race shirts ect. I can't mess up because everyone knows I can't swim.....ha ha.. thanks again jeni (jjcustomracingappparel)

Hey Gang,

Thanks again!

Lamar Huff

President

Atlanta Model Boaters
Thanks for a great race! You and your family / club members really keep things moving. Nice weather and alot of new faces. We had a great time!

Ron Zaker Jr

I think Jeni needs her own IW screen name... Deryl, you have to change your password and log off every now and then. :D

~James

Thanks again AMB!!!!!! Beautiful Lake!!!! I had tons of fun and met some new friends that I hope to race with again. It was an honor to race against and watch some of you all run!! It was also nice to take home some wood and hang with the florida boys for a weekend of out of town racin.

Jamie

I do have my own iw screen. just like to ruffle Deryl's feathers a little. Hey Gabe tell them boys how great you look in you custom made race shirt. You can never stop marketing. jj

I think Jeni needs her own IW screen name... Deryl, you have to change your password and log off every now and then. :D
~James

The only bad thing about the racing was that it ruined racing pretty much anywhere

else.. :eek: :eek: 171 heats in 2 days. The best friends racing could have.

Hey Gang,

Thanks again!

Lamar Huff

President

Atlanta Model Boaters

Great site, weather, friends, and laughter. Now include the outstanding competition in my favorite Nitro Hydro classes. This EVENT was the one not to have missed. Go back and check how many US1's had been won by the contestants entered in this race. Anytime you get to race against premier drivers with great equipment, it's going to be a blast! I'll be back for certian, and I can't wait till next year!

Where is the next EVENT going to happen? I hope everyone has the opportunity to experience the magnitude of Atlanta during their racing schedule this year in case you missed this race.

AMB, your club's hard work was appreciated, and thanks for the fond memories of last weekend.

Mark Grannis

Hey Gang,

Thanks again!

Lamar Huff

President

Atlanta Model Boaters

Great site, weather, friends, and laughter. Now include the outstanding competition in my favorite Nitro Hydro classes. This EVENT was the one not to have missed. Go back and check how many US1's had been won by the contestants entered in this race. Anytime you get to race against premier drivers with great equipment, it's going to be a blast! I'll be back for certian, and I can't wait till next year!

Where is the next EVENT going to happen? I hope everyone has the opportunity to experience the magnitude of Atlanta during their racing schedule this year in case you missed this race.

AMB, your club's hard work was appreciated, and thanks for the fond memories of last weekend.

Mark Grannis

our next high points "big" race here is the GA Championships in september. B)

Hey Gang,

Thanks again!

Lamar Huff

President

Atlanta Model Boaters

Mark Grannis

Mark,

The Fall National Championships, which includes all classes, hydros, monos, gas and tunnels, will be held in Charleston, SC, on October 11 & 12. A premier race facility, a large 25 acre lake, and excellent racing. It is a MUST attend race for all racers.

John

Hey Gang,

Thanks again!

Lamar Huff

President

Atlanta Model Boaters

Mark Grannis

Mark,

The Fall National Championships, which includes all classes, hydros, monos, gas and tunnels, will be held in Charleston, SC, on October 11 & 12. A premier race facility, a large 25 acre lake, and excellent racing. It is a MUST attend race for all racers.

John
mark, excllent hosts, also, imho ;) !

Mark,

John

I think I have already been informed about this one. If it is the one Marty Davis told me about, it is on my racing schedule. However, I thought it was in September. No matter, there will be a few of us from S.W. FL making the trip.

Mark

Back