2008 IMPBA INTERNATS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TO ALL RACERS
A few ground rules for the pits and for parking as requested by the property owner:

A white line will be painted 15ft south of the street behind the hot pits. No tents, trailers, or lawn chairs can be placed in the area between the street and the white line. This area must be kept clear at all times “NO MANS LAND”. The property owner has had complaints in the past from other motel guests that the boaters cross in front of them without looking for oncoming traffic. This area will act as a safety buffer so the other guests can see if someone if someone is trying to walk cross the street.

Another white line will be painted perpendicular to the street on the east end of the pits. The area from this line to the hotel parking lot must also be kept clear at all times.

No parking on the street. You can pull up and unload your stuff but your vehicles

must be moved as soon as possible. There will be plenty room of parking south of the street behind the pits.

No trailers can be parked on the north side of the street except for the scoring trailer.

Thank you for your cooperation and GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

Don Brown

Thanks guys, E-Ville is one of the nicest sites I've been to, we have to do all we can to support the land owner and the area in general.

Now that I've buttered you up, is there any chance to get a few rail-road ties next to the curb like you did in '06? Was very nice for "curb challenged" rides like mine...
Yes, there will be curb jumpers set up in a few places along south side of the street.

TO ALL RACERS
A few ground rules for the pits and for parking as requested by the property owner:

A white line will be painted 15ft south of the street behind the hot pits. No tents, trailers, or lawn chairs can be placed in the area between the street and the white line. This area must be kept clear at all times “NO MANS LAND”. The property owner has had complaints in the past from other motel guests that the boaters cross in front of them without looking for oncoming traffic. This area will act as a safety buffer so the other guests can see if someone if someone is trying to walk cross the street.

Another white line will be painted perpendicular to the street on the east end of the pits. The area from this line to the hotel parking lot must also be kept clear at all times.

No parking on the street. You can pull up and unload your stuff but your vehicles

must be moved as soon as possible. There will be plenty room of parking south of the street behind the pits.

No trailers can be parked on the north side of the street except for the scoring trailer.

Thank you for your cooperation and GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

Don Brown

Thanks guys, E-Ville is one of the nicest sites I've been to, we have to do all we can to support the land owner and the area in general.

Now that I've buttered you up, is there any chance to get a few rail-road ties next to the curb like you did in '06? Was very nice for "curb challenged" rides like mine...
Yes, there will be curb jumpers set up in a few places along south side of the street.

Super! Thanks very much!!! :)

Controlled open water; Friday, July 18th and Saturday July 19th.

In order of running.

Sun/Mon July 20th and 21st;

B-Outboard Tunnel

B-Mono

D-Hydro

Sport 40 Hydroplane

E-Outboard Tunnel

E-Mono

F-Hydro

Tues/Wed July 22nd and 23rd;

B-Hydro

D-Outboard Tunnel

D-Mono

E-Hydro

F-Outboard Tunnel

F-Mono

1/8 Scale Hydroplane

Multi-Engine Hydro

Thursday July 24th;

Oval and SAW US-1 time trials

Friday July 25th;

If needed, conclude time trials

Specialty classes begin, 5 rounds total, Fri/Sat;

Junior Class .21

Sport 21 Hydro

B-Sport Tunnel

Open Mono

Open Cat

Banquet Saturday Night!!!!!

Oh yea! Also we have park flyer night, Texas Roadhouse welcome night, plus a bunch of fun to do every day/night!!!!! Lets go racing!!!!

Thanks,

Russ

Hi GrimracerWhat is the running order for what classes on what dates.Like to come down couple of days.

Thanks

Dave Roach

Park flyer night? Can we race those also? lol.

Ron,

Bring your plane and heli..

OK guys.. if the weather hangs we are going to have park flyer nights on some of the open nights. (after open water).

ROCK ON

Grim

If I'd known sooner, I would have prepped something :(

Steve Ball

Ron,
Bring your plane and heli..

OK guys.. if the weather hangs we are going to have park flyer nights on some of the open nights. (after open water).

ROCK ON

Grim

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve..

Sorry about that.. BUT.. you gota know your among friends.. worry not O tin man.. Im sure I will have someting you can fly.

Grim

I've got a Hand Launch Glider ready to go, and a micro hi-start we can string up. I've got a new heli close to ready, but not close enough. I don't know why I'm worried about the flying thing, I can't even get my boats ready to go!!!! LOL

Steve

Steve..
Sorry about that.. BUT.. you gota know your among friends.. worry not O tin man.. Im sure I will have someting you can fly.

Grim

I thought this was a Boat Race.................???? Sounds more like a " FLY IN" to me. :blink: :( <_<

I.M.A.P.A????

I thought this was a Boat Race.................???? Sounds more like a " FLY IN" to me. :blink: :( <_<
I.M.A.P.A????
I.M.A.P.A. ? do tell..

International Regatta... How is it this sounds more like a fly in? Cus a few of us might do some flying after racing is over?

If we were golfing after racing would you have said this sounds like more of a golf outing then a boat race..

Whats your story dude? :blink:

Sounds like somebody feels they might be missing a great time.. :ph34r:

LETS RACE

Grim

Yes do tell...

I.M.A.P.A?

Sounds to me like we have several "extreme boat racers" interested in the "remote control hobbies".

Please remember that every dollar we spend as "remote control hobbyist" (regardless if they are boats, planes, Heli's, car, etc.) supports the boat racing (hobby/industry) we LOVE!!!

Food for thought??????

Matt

I have a couple cheap RTR park fliers, I'm not even sure they will fly still but I may bring one. The thing is I love watching the planes fly when people actually can fly them to there potential, and heli's are the s*** ( I have one of them too but thats like $50 a foot for me too fly" $50 from impacts"). I would love to watch the planes/heli's that would be great fun :)

Paul

Hey Paul; bring them along and we will see if we can get them flying.

Rw

I have a couple cheap RTR park fliers, I'm not even sure they will fly still but I may bring one. The thing is I love watching the planes fly when people actually can fly them to there potential, and heli's are the s*** ( I have one of them too but thats like $50 a foot for me too fly" $50 from impacts"). I would love to watch the planes/heli's that would be great fun :)

Paul

Good luck to all racers that entered this years internats. To the guys thats never been to the evansville site, your in for a TREAT. A first class racesite, run by a first class group of guys. Its very hard for me to believe that 4 us-1 classes didnot fill. I guess the Economy had everything to do with it. Its sad that in my eyes this great race is in decline :( I hope everyone has a SAFE and great time. I would love to be there but financially i just cant afford it. Again GOOD LUCK TO ALL be safe and above all lock up your golfcarts. :lol: Hey Stu and Allan I still love ya! and hats off to Grim, Russ, Mikey, MY TWIN, Looking foward to some good pics, Have a great time guys.

CATT22 Tom

Latest posts

Back