2008 IMPBA INTERNATS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck to all racers that entered this years internats. To the guys thats never been to the evansville site, your in for a TREAT. A first class racesite, run by a first class group of guys. Its very hard for me to believe that 4 us-1 classes didnot fill. I guess the Economy had everything to do with it. Its sad that in my eyes this great race is in decline :( I hope everyone has a SAFE and great time. I would love to be there but financially i just cant afford it. Again GOOD LUCK TO ALL be safe and above all lock up your golfcarts. :lol: Hey Stu and Allan I still love ya! and hats off to Grim, Russ, Mikey, MY TWIN, Looking foward to some good pics, Have a great time guys.
CATT22 Tom
I dont have time to setup a web page so i opened a smugmug account. I will post pics as often as i can during the event. I will try to get some good pics of boats in the pits but dont have a camera worthy of action shots. Any one taking pics may email them to me and i will add them........ Here is the link http://saymikey.smugmug.com/gallery/5447387_ZopQU Mikey

I will be able to take pics, but I wont be able to email them to you until well after Nats are over. I could give you my memory card every night and you could take the pics off that way if you know how to do that (some do some don't, not saying you don't :) ). I am excited now, I plan on leaving for Evansville tomorrow by noon. This will be my first Nat's so be easy on me guys, I will make sure that everyone that I am racing with will know how I prefer to run ( I'm not aggressive I don't like lane 1 2 or 3 so I will be running 4 or greater). I know I will be very nervous running this venue so please be patient with me.

Paul

The 2008 internats are all over we ran all the heats plus 5 rounds of a mini indy unlimited run what you brung class by 1:30 pm saturday. the loudest recorder db throught the whole event was 92 db.

us1 winners

Francois peilleron b hydro

garret randall b mono

brain loy b tunnel

d hydro ron zaker jr

d mono josh weit

d tunnel

jay halbrehder

e hydro stu bar

etunnel buddy benedict

sport 40 phil thomas

1/8 scale greg hahn

f hydro e mono fmono multi engine hydro f tunnel were not us1 classes

william e lefeber mike z

president cup phil thomas

excellence of performance brain loy

had a very good time and thanks for every ones hard work

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to THANK Mike Z., Russ, Ron Sr., Ron Jr, Garrett, and every one else from District 4 for an outstanding week of racing, and FUN.

Thanks Everyone that helped with the IMPBA Internats.

Garry

I would like to thank everyone from District 4 for everything you did to make this race happen. We had a great time.

Thanks again for a great job.

Greg

I have to say this was the best ran Internats I've attended. It was nice meeting fellow racers & seeing old friends again. My only regret is that I didn't have as much time to prepare for the race as I would have liked. Becky & kids loved it though & that's what counts.

Hey ...I hear that... Mikey! I just dont see Any gain from all of the DB Riff!!

Mike Z will have his day @ the nats in the Cd tower! But I dont see anything he or the event will gain from all of the DB Confrontation. Now I`am Done,,, I say DONE, talking about this crap... See you @ the June race... Bring your fast Boats. I will have the Crazy Cuban with me..... :lol: :lol:

Looking back.. Joe was VERY right.. I did have my day on the CD tower.. I HAD A BLAST......

From open water to trophy trials, 7 days on the tower.. I had a blast!

The quality of the boats and the people in attendance were TOP KNOTCH..

Man o man we had some great side by side racing and some FANTASTIC weather to go with it.

Im going to try to get all the scores and times posted on www.internats08.com in the coming weeks. I have a new roof being put on the house this week as well as work being done in our kitchen. I knew this was coming after the race..

Congrats to all the contestants and a big thanks to all the sponsors.

ROCK ON

Grimracer

A big thank-you to all the members of D4 that helped make this year's Internats a huge success! In no particular order:

Garrett, Mike, Russ , Ron Jr. & Sr., Dave & Cathy, Al, Fred, Paul, Pete, Jerry and anyone else that helped out - thanks again!

It was one of the best run Nats I have attended with some of the cleanest, hardest racing I have ever experienced.

Also a huge thanks to Hobbico and all their support, and allowing us to "have" Mike and Russ for all the time they devoted.

I'm showing my appreciation by sending an e-mail of thanks to Mike at "[email protected]" , he will forward it to the people that can make a difference in our sport. Their line of RTR boating products and lines for the hard core racer like O'Donnell products show their commitment to us which I feel should be supported at every opportunity!

Thanks Again!!! :D :D :D

A big thank-you to all the members of D4 that helped make this year's Internats a huge success! In no particular order:
Garrett, Mike, Russ , Ron Jr. & Sr., Dave & Cathy, Al, Fred, Paul, Pete, Jerry and anyone else that helped out - thanks again!

It was one of the best run Nats I have attended with some of the cleanest, hardest racing I have ever experienced.

Also a huge thanks to Hobbico and all their support, and allowing us to "have" Mike and Russ for all the time they devoted.

I'm showing my appreciation by sending an e-mail of thanks to Mike at "[email protected]" , he will forward it to the people that can make a difference in our sport. Their line of RTR boating products and lines for the hard core racer like O'Donnell products show their commitment to us which I feel should be supported at every opportunity!

I also want to thank everyone involved for a really great time this year. The D4 guys were very well organized and the retrieve boat guys were phenomenal in getting out and back quickly. Congratulations to everyone that hosted us for a great job, and thank you for your hospitality... Tony J

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Terry,

Like to thank you for ALL your help during time trials. Without your help, no way we could have run over 100 heats that day. Thank YOU for all your help!!!!!

All the members of District 4, good job! Also like to thank the members of the Evansville club for their help, could not have done it without all these great people!

Russ

Just wanted to say thanks to dist 4 and the Evansville group for a great time-Good people, good competitors, great venue, and some pretty darn good racing-Mike you did a wonderful job on the CD stand-nice to put some faces with the names. Thanks again from Cajun country

One of the best Nats that I've been to! Great job Mike, Russ, and Dist. 4, and thanks to the Evansville club for the use of their great site!

Steve Ball

Latest posts

Back