2005 Atlanta Spring Nationals

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamar_Huff

Hey Gang,

On behalf of the Atlanta Model Boaters I would like to thank everyone that attended our event this past weekend.

I wish the weather could have been better, but all things taken into consideration I think it turned out rather well.

You guys certainly kept my Dad busy in the retrieve boat replacing buoys... :lol:

Thanks Again and we hope to see you next year!

Lamar

Lamar_Huff said:
Hey Gang,
On behalf of the Atlanta Model Boaters I would like to thank everyone that attended our event this past weekend. 

I wish the weather could have been better, but all things taken into consideration I think it turned out rather well.

You guys certainly kept my Dad busy in the retrieve boat replacing buoys... :lol:

Thanks Again and we hope to see you next year!

Lamar

97082[/snapback]

TO ALL OF THE ATLANTA CLUB..

THANKS FOR THE RACE, ROTTEN WEATHER AND ALL, STILL HAD A GREAT TIME.

THANKS AGAIN

WALT BARNEY

Lamar you guys did a great job. Even though the weather sorta sucked we made the best of it & had a blast!! Saturday night (as well as Thursday & Friday night) was spend sitting around Gabe & crews campfire, which was THE popular place come that cold a$$ Sunday morning! With the stories going around that morning you'd wonder if we were boat racin' or camping, especially Mark's story about comin' face to face with a big 'ol grizzly bear in Montana!! :p :p :p :p

Last edited by a moderator:
good times, good times...

Hey Don, Ill bring that left over half gallon of Bacardi when we come up for the invitational :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

~James

P.S. I think I officially gained 20 extra pounds this weekend, that grill combined with LOTS of beer after the races is bad for my health.....but **** its fun!!

P.P.S. thatnks for the huge help with the Hydro!!

~James

topfuel443 said:
good times, good times...
Hey Don, Ill bring that left over half gallon of Bacardi when we come up for the invitational  :ph34r:   :ph34r:   :ph34r:

~James

P.S. I think I officially gained 20 extra pounds this weekend, that grill combined with LOTS of beer after the races is bad for my health.....but **** its fun!!

P.P.S. thanks for the huge help with the Hydro!!

~James

97129[/snapback]

Ummm....er.... yeah, I had a couple rum & cokes. :p And the grill was smokin', ate like a pig for 3 days! :D

My pleasure on helpin' with that 45 Extreme. Now you see what it's capable of! ;)

Thanks to the AMB for putting on another great Spring Nats. 160 heats in two days takes super club effort and participant co operation, both of which makes this event work so well. Always a fun time.

Mark

Lamar it had been over 10 years since I attended the Spring Nats and I've got to say you run a great race. When I read how many boats had entered I thought it would be a 3 round race for sure. To be completed early on Sunday after 4 rounds and so many run-offs and the shoot out was impressive to say the least.

Even though I struggled on the water, I enjoyed the race so much I plan on attending next years event.

How about a Novice class next year?

Joe,

I must admit we were somewhat concerned when we only made it to heat 82 on Saturday after nearly 12 full hours of racing. Several racers scratched after having a tough time w/ the weather on Saturday and that allowed us to combine a few heats and pick up the pace on Sunday. We also had far fewer buoy mishaps on Sunday which helped a lot...

Norman did a great job on the stand keeping things moving and having two dedicated retrieve boat crews kept the down time to a minimum.

Glad you enjoyed it enough to come back next year. Hopefully the weather will be much nicer for 2006!

I wish I had a better run too, but the competition was fierce in both the Gas and Nitro classes... I can't think of any class that was a "cake walk".

We have not even discussed the plans for 06'... I am sure Norman wants to just kick back and relax for a while now that it is all over, but I will certainly bring up the Novice class when the time comes...

Later,

Lamar

Back