2 or 3 blade props

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyke

x440/2 vs. x440/3 Any diff.?

Will one give more or less lift to the front than the other?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyke said:
x440/2 vs. x440/3 Any diff.?
102441[/snapback]

Yeah,one more blade...... :D ....... which translates to one blade in the water at all times while running which in turn will load the motor a bit more......but will help boat handling.....and.......you can run the motor a bit higher on a tunnel boat without the boat porpoising.....and....... 3 blades work great on surface drive monos for most of the same reasons..........yadda,yadda,yadda........ :blink:

All depends on your set-up. I'm running a stock 440/3 on a K&B SS (stock) bolted on the back of a leecraft. Works good for me......

I've always found 3 blade props to be smoother running and faster through the corners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Duck899 said:
All depends on your set-up. I'm running a stock 440/3 on a K&B SS (stock) bolted on the back of a leecraft. Works good for me......I've always found 3 blade props to be smoother running and faster through the corners.

102448[/snapback]

hey duck.?? sounds like you use more blade for your setup ??

james irwin said:
Duck899 said:
All depends on your set-up. I'm running a stock 440/3 on a K&B SS (stock) bolted on the back of a leecraft. Works good for me......I've always found 3 blade props to be smoother running and faster through the corners.

102448[/snapback]

hey duck.?? sounds like you use more blade for your setup ??

102461[/snapback]

Yup....one more blade..... :)

i had better success starting out with a 2 blade on my tunnel. trying to get the setup on the 3 blade kicked my butt. haven't gone back to try again tho.

nate

Tunnelbill said:
Rob,
  Nice looking boat, ;)

102543[/snapback]

Looks familiar huh Bill?... :lol:

Its a good running and driving little boat.

Thanks Bill.....

Back