1980 Miss Circus Circus Canard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missbudpilot55

Hi Gang,

Getting a head start on another new project for late 2006, looking for photographs of the full sized 32" Fisher Canard as U-32 Miss Circus Circus 1980 vintage and also the possiblity of the availablity of a vinyl or water slide transfer decal sheet for this boat. I know that it has been modeled many times and has also been very competitive as a 1/8th scale unlimited model.

Also is there a cowl molding available from any source on this boat?

Thanks

Currently have around 25 different pics. Thanks to all that sent them, Bob Johnson, Don Ferrettte & Jack Garcia

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bill, There are 4 pictures of the boat on www.unlimitedsdetroit.com/photos - under photographers click on Larry Wilson (4 parts - In Part 4 0f 4). Are you really convinced you want to build a canard?? If so, you need to forget everything you think you know about hydros, and be prepares to "Recreat the Wheel". There is very little in common between a 3 point and a Canard, and I believe you'll find it was one of the most FRUSTRATING experiences in your boating career. Have you noticed that there is not one of the Canard hulls winning any District points Scale Championship ---- anywhere!!!! I believe I have some additional pics - send me a PM with you e-mail address and I'll send them there. The last one I saw run was in San Diego area - most of the time it was doing a flat spin!!! I'll ask around if you decide to pursue the project. Make sure you have plenty of Bourbon on hand - - you're going to use it. CHEERS !!! Bob Johnson

Hi Gang,

Getting a head start on another new project for late 2006, looking for photographs of the full sized 32" Fisher Canard as U-32 Miss Circus Circus 1980 vintage and also the possiblity of the availablity of a vinyl or water slide transfer decal sheet for this boat. I know that it has been modeled many times and has also been very competitive as a 1/8th scale unlimited model.

Thanks
Bill Did you check at web:www.newtonmarine.smugmug.com

www.thunderboats.org

Hope to find one Good Luck! thanks, Allan Namba 16 ;)

Hi Gang,

Thanks
Bill, I have several pictures of the full size canard and some of my canard. I tried to E mail them to you but my dumb PC told me that your address had fatal errors. If you don't mind send me your E address to [email protected] and I'll try again.

Hi Bill, There are 4 pictures of the boat on www.unlimitedsdetroit.com/photos - under photographers click on Larry Wilson (4 parts - In Part 4 0f 4). Are you really convinced you want to build a canard?? If so, you need to forget everything you think you know about hydros, and be prepares to "Recreat the Wheel". There is very little in common between a 3 point and a Canard, and I believe you'll find it was one of the most FRUSTRATING experiences in your boating career. Have you noticed that there is not one of the Canard hulls winning any District points Scale Championship ---- anywhere!!!! I believe I have some additional pics - send me a PM with you e-mail address and I'll send them there. The last one I saw run was in San Diego area - most of the time it was doing a flat spin!!! I'll ask around if you decide to pursue the project. Make sure you have plenty of Bourbon on hand - - you're going to use it. CHEERS !!! Bob Johnson
I GUESS YOU WERE NOT AROUND IN THE LATE 80'S WHEN NAMBAS DIST. 19 BRUCE GAINES WON EVERY RACE IN ONE SEASON LAPPING THE FIELD WITH A K&B .67 ENGINE IN HIS SCRATCH BUILT CIRCUS CIRCUS CANARD. THE BOAT WAS THE HOTEST 1/8 SCALE ON THE PLANET AT THE TIME A GUY FLEW INTO VEGAS AND GAVE HIM $1500.00 ON THE SPOT FOR THE BOAT. THAT WAS A LOT OF MONEY BACK THEN FOR A WOOD SCALE WITH A K&B IN IT. BILL FRITZ PULLED A MOLD OFF OF THAT BOAT AND PRODUCED A FEW OF THEM IN GLASS WITH AN ADJUSTABLE WING. I WISH I COULD FIND GAINES OLD WOOD BOAT I WOULD BUY IT IN A HEART BEAT. I KNOW WHAT IT IS CAPABLE OF AND IT WOULD BE INSANE WITH TODAYS HORSEPOWER.

Larry Arcadi used to run a Fritz Canard in Dist 9 in the 90's. Kicked butt with a OS 65VRM. Handling was different, but not bad. It had it's quirks. If I had a choice betweeen a Fritz Canard and a Fritz Bud, I'd take the Bud. Rudy

Bill,

I may have the decals . . .Give me a day or two as I just moved to a new home and can't locate too much of anything!!!

I also have a set of Fisher's mark-up (changes) to the orignal boat on one of his drawings . . .if I can find the Decals I'll have the Drawing too. I had built a Quarter Scale for a Quadra 50 . . .still needed more power!

BigRagu (Dario)

:D :D :D

Bill,

I have found the Circus decal sheet in my Drafting Table drawer (Nice & flat), I will take a picture to see if it is what you need tomorrow . . .wife left the camera at work?

I think I have cornered tha last two places that drawing is too.

Will advise,

BigRagu

Bill,

These are the Decals I have . . .from the 80's They have been stored dry and in a folder they look great.

If these are what you need they are yours.

BigRagu (Dario)

Bill,

These are the Decals I have . . .from the 80's They have been stored dry and in a folder they look great.

If these are what you need they are yours.

BigRagu (Dario)

Thanks Dario, I haven't gotten the plan sheets from Roger Newton as of yet, they should be arriving some though. I'll let you know as some as I get a look at the detail sheet.

Oops I had the plans too . . .I just need to look more????? Just let me know unless I find mine first, I can check.

Did I tell you I HATE MOVING! I told my wife the NEXT move was in a long black Limo :blink:

BigRagu

Back