1973 REDMAN U-8

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SayMikey

IM building a 73 redman and i bought a 73 Madison program it has a picture of the boat with white almost flames on it does anyone have any pics like this.....Mikey

I was considering doing the same boat, called Pacific graphics and was told I can get all but the indianhead graphic that goes on front (the most important one) Did you have any luck with coming up with one? How about the color codes?

When I look at the pic from Newton's site, I don't see any flames, not a good view though. Where did you find the pics you have, I am in need of more info here, like you, I think, am trying to search this out.

Greg Martin said:
I was considering doing the same boat, called Pacific graphics and was told I can get all but the indianhead graphic that goes on front (the most important one) Did you have any luck with coming up with one? How about the color codes?
When I look at the pic from Newton's site, I don't see any flames, not a good view though. Where did you find the pics you have, I am in need of more info here, like you, I think, am trying to search this out.

88634[/snapback]

I was looking for a 1973 Owensboro program seems the redman was on the front page. Ive called redman direct they purged the arcives about 20 years ago but was promised a oil painting of it if he can find it. Unlimiteds Detroit has a pic of the Redman but its not the pic im looking. Afew weeks ago i bought a 1973 Madison program it has one pic of the the boat im after,if i can scan it i will send it to you.My next stop will be Mike McCormick Jims son he ran boats a long time ago with us.Im told the redman Indian on the pouch is correct but i think it needs blown up twice its size,the redman people say its logo has always been the same and the paint colors are on the pouch..its all i got but im digging....Mikey

My son did the 1976 Red Man afew years ago and these are the paint codes that were matched up from the tabaco pouch... All of the paints are Dupont Chroma Base.. Red 8554k Green 7666k...He scaned the Indianhead off the Tabaco pouch on his printter and tranfered it to clear label vinly that he bought at a office supply store... You have to stick it on to a white mono coat also to see the background and then sttick it to a black one for the black ...

Roy Munoz said:
My son did the 1976 Red Man afew years ago and these are the paint codes that were matched up from the tabaco pouch...  ...
88649[/snapback]

The 76' Red Man?? I thought Peter's was the 73'.......**** it's time to put you out to pasture :lol:

And to think I was considering having you help on my 67' Coor's Light....I mean 79'......no wait let me get my little book......THE 85' Coor's Light...yeah, that's what I meant :p

Seriously though Peter did a great job building it.

Here's a link to one of the pictures of the boat R Hooks used for products promoting The Grand Prix race and other attire.

http://www.cafepress.com/grandprix.9513005?zoom=yes#zoom

Hey Glen I think we're going to have to put you out to pasture..The 76 was U81,and I think the 73 was the Shovel nose..There also one that just Red with white strips and no rear upright..I think that the 75..Hey buddy stop painting inside withe the window close ahahhahahah...Oh yea was that Rock dark blue.hahahahha

Okay Roy......."put down the glue bottle and walk away!"

You keep it up and I might just come over and convince you that the Winston is mine and thank you for building it for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK heres the deal,

73 Roundnose Karelson hull was the U-8 Redman and the Jones pickle fork was the U-81 Redman Too.

74 The Jones pickle fork was the U-81 Redman. Troy

troymcintire said:
OK heres the deal,73 Roundnose Karelson hull was the U-8 Redman and the Jones pickle fork was the U-81 Redman Too.

88840[/snapback]

Roy, I'm not 100% sure but I think what Troy was trying say is "PUT DOWN THE GLUE BOTTLE AND WALK AWAY!" :p :p :p

BTW, I'll be by later today to pick up my Winston......you remember, the one I dropped off for you to finish for me? I'll be sure to pick up some paint and more glue on the way :D

Roy,

I wonder why your not thinking to clear??

Hell, I ought to convince you that Oberto scale at your house is mine!

Oh, wait it is mine....LOL

Speaking of Oberto, I got the SpeedMaster hardware from Rossi Sales so it should be here Tuesday or Wed, and I got the MAC .67, header and pipe coming from Florida this week. Hopefully we can hook up Friday for some SURGERY!

Glenn 787 said:
troymcintire said:
OK heres the deal,73 Roundnose Karelson hull was the U-8 Redman and the Jones pickle fork was the U-81 Redman Too.

88840[/snapback]

Roy, I'm not 100% sure but I think what Troy was trying say is "PUT DOWN THE GLUE BOTTLE AND WALK AWAY!" :p :p :p

BTW, I'll be by later today to pick up my Winston......you remember, the one I dropped off for you to finish for me? I'll be sure to pick up some paint and more glue on the way :D

88850[/snapback]

I have the 73 boat Karlson round nose but have seen a couple different paint jobs and rear cowls,im looking for the one with some white on the front.....Mikey

Troy right on the year 74. Peter put 76 to see if our Scalechirman would catch it..Oh yea about the Winston Glen it ready to be pick up, just bring the cash for job. 1 k.. or a money order ,any of those two will be fine hahahaha... Rodney I'll be here..Don't forget the fuel tanks too and fuel lines......

are two 4oz tasnks enough.....LOL....Seriously which brand should I get?? You said Caspari sent soft tanks so I'm guessing those are Sullivan's. Is DuBro better?? And medium or large tubing?

are two 4oz tasnks enough.....LOL....Seriously which brand should I get??  You said Caspari sent soft tanks so I'm guessing those are Sullivan's.  Is DuBro better??  And medium or large tubing?
88936[/snapback]

Ok guys here is the pic im after if anyone can find a color one id be happy to pay for it....Mikey

are two 4oz tasnks enough.....LOL....Seriously which brand should I get??  You said Caspari sent soft tanks so I'm guessing those are Sullivan's.  Is DuBro better??  And medium or large tubing?
88936[/snapback]

Get the Sullivan hard plastic ones.. and med fuel tubing.. See if you can find a 20oz flat tank...

Latest posts

Back