.12 Rigger / Hydro Engine options

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

68Bud

Thinking of building a .12 Hydro and would like to get opinions on options for nitro power. In search of information on engines, flywheels, crankshaft threads and flex couplers. Thanks

get a hold of glenn quarels on here if you want water cooled novarossi, or some guys just run a air cooled buggy motor. glenn will set you up with collets, cables, struts and rudder. he's great to deal with. ;)

tim

first choice would be the nova rossi from glen. $155 if i remember right. after that would be determined by your budget. look on ebay for the cheap stuff...

We'll find out when the water thins. I just my NR .12 in the mail yesterday and stuck it in the hull tonight.

The Nova Rossi is THE engine to have now for any .12 boat. I've tried a lot of them over the years, mostly car and truck ones as there wasn't much else on the market. OS's aren't bad but they sell them for a while then poof, they're gone. I've been building .12 powered boats for a good 10 years so if you need any help maybe I can help.

Most .12 sized engines that I've looked come with a slide carbrator, what is a good repacement rotory carb for them?

Most .12 sized engines that I've looked come with a slide carbrator, what is a good repacement rotory carb for them?
Hey Joel, The OS TZ.18 rotory carb works good. Glenn Q. also has a Novarossi rotory carb for the .12's that works great.

Are you thinking of joining us at the nitro pond for some of the greatest A hydro racing in the USA. :D

What is the number of that carb? Is it the 11L?

God knows I want to. I havn't been able to pull it off for a couple years now, I've been too busy with fe.

I have a 12 rigger that just needs some finishing up. I came up with a way to use slide carbs but I realy don't think it will hold up and need to switch it to a rotory.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the number of that carb? Is it the 11L?
God knows I want to. I havn't been able to pull it off for a couple years now, I've been too busy with fe.

I have a 12 rigger that just needs some finishing up. I came up with a way to use slide carbs but I realy don't think it will hold up and need to switch it to a rotory.
It is the 11J I think. It is the some carb that is used on the .18 CV-R OS marine engine. I wish I had a part # for you for the Novarossi carb. It cost less than the OS. Send Glen Q. a PM and ask him about the big carb that he sells for the .12's.

If you can't wait for the Zoom, I'd try the Nova Rossi carb. I compared it to the reworked .21 Nova Rossi carb that I have on one of my other .12's and the bore is almost identical.

Most other .12 carbs are restricted because of ROAR rules to a 5.5mm bore.

Back