• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

12 JAE (((SOLD)))

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toyotatruckin

This is close to being complete and Id call it a 90% kit-- as its 90% built and has 90% of the parts here to finish it out

300$ plus shipping

.12 JAE sponsons--built with all overhangs by the book, right side has the center two turn fin dowels pre drilled BUT not threaded for the fin yet (done on a drill press)and the overhang has been relieved for the turn fin they are epoxy sealed 2 coats

TUB-- not sealed yet as I have not mounted any servo blocks or pre-drilled anything(kind of like painting I seal after I mock things up), built by the book except the balsa tri-stock was replaced with square stock (either basswood or spruce cant remember) along the bottom and transom, used the balsa tri-stock under the top skin- ski is built and sealed inside but not mounted on the tub

The booms are not mounted or drilled so who ever gets it can set it up how they like also made some aluminum sponson plugs for it I believe I set them to go inside the sponson holes .300 deep to set the sponsons a bit wider

hardware--New zippkits .12 turn fin, custom rudder and bracket (mounts to the side of the tub instead of the transom, non pick-up), strut is a close copy of the zippkits strut only real difference is its lighter by a gram or two even without the lightning holes and the bottom is shaved a bit more to sit it lower on the ski (will not make these for anyone so DO NOT ASK)

the engine--modified zippkits flywheel, octura flex-hex for .150 shafts, water cooled OS 12TR with a proboat .18 carb modded to fit the engine case ( will come with the orignal OS 10j slide carb and stock air cooled outer head) engine has been run but not in a boat it came out of a very low run time tc3 and will come with a TC3 header and zippkits engine mounts

feel free to ask any questions you may have and I will add pictures here after I get back to the house.

reason for the sale is im funding some electric projects

P1040100.jpg

P1040084.jpg

sponsons and booms just slid together for pics

P1040165.jpg

P1040166.jpg

P1040168.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Which IMPBA class would this boat run in?
A hydro..if clubs have them,other wise there be placed against b hydro class. There clubs having A hydro classes this year,since the.12 JAE is making a big hit with boaters and IMPBA approve a .12 sport hydro class last year.

Adding to the kit, update below

new zippkits 440 prop (as it comes from zip)

complete .150 on 3/16 flexshaft SS stub with bushing, octura drive-dog, and a black moly nut (same shape and size as a zuber nut different material and moly coated)will need cut to fit I left the length long

stuffing tube

1/8 brass line for the water pick-up through the hull

3' prather fuel line

fuel filter (its used but fine)

short prather starting belt

and i forgot to add the manual comes with it lol

P1040243.jpg

I am glad it sold. I almost could'nt handle the temptation any longer. Nice. Looking boat and a great deal.

I got the rigger yesterday and today I compared it to the Zipp Building Instructions. I found the quality of Toyotatruckin's wood and metal work to be perfect. I just hope I can come close to his work as I complete the rigger.

Here's my progress with your boat. This is the dry fit, next is paint.

Looking good, going to leave it all natural or paint? Also toss the pictures in your gallery as you get more and shoot me a PM or something so we arnt bumping peoples sale adds down the list.

Other than that--keep up the good work! :)

Back