.12 inboard engine????

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT1

does anybody know if anyone has made a .12 marine inboard yet? im having to usse a car/truck motor in my mono

and it keeps shutting off some one needs to make one if they havent already ;) ;) ;)

shutting off probably doesn't have anything to do with it being a car engine....most people use car enigines in thier .12s because the boat is small enough that the engine wont get overheated as long as the engine head is exposed to cool air rushing by. i think OS might make a water-cooled .12 but im not sure. i've got a K&B .18 [basically a .12 with more displacement] that's water cooled. what boat are you looking to put this in?

Joe

well, there ya go!

NJ,

rossi marine versions smaller than .21..... it seems like a blessing to not have to worry about water cooling, why would someone want WC on an engine that doesn't need it unless it's gonna have to be completely enclosed? unless there's something else different on it besides the head and maybe slide carb/fixed carb?

Joe

Hb Makes a .12 marine engine. I have two of them that run great. Twist my arm alittle and I will sell the pair for $50.00! Come in the box with instructions. I have a picture if you need it.

[email protected]

If you move up a bit to a .15, you can choose from Kyosho, OS, Hobbico, Traxxas, etc.

RCBL...consider a trade? PM me.

Here is a picture. It's the small one in the middle. Like I said I have two of them, only one shown.

WOW! you would sell those for$50??? thing is i dont have that much as of now

id be lucky to have $20! :- :- :-

well i have $23

would u consider that??? im only 15 and i LOVE to run boats id like to have a spare and one for my dad so he can get a .12 rigger

cuz i have a .12 mono

post a reply please Thanks!

LOL I am only 30 and i have 25 bucks, would you consider that??

remember thats 2 bucks more than the young guy on here.

lets not make this a age/bidding war.

Just giving you ****, had to.

and what i think he meant he has 2 of that LITTLE MOTOR IN FRONT OF PIC, I dont think he will let the OPS go for under 50.

Hey glad to see your into boats at your age, I dont know if i am glad i am doing it now at 30 or at 15, 30 i have more funds to do more with tho.

yeah i like it now b/c i dont have to worry about losing and i have now learned tha it is actually FUN to race against others twice my age

and beating mod tunnels when i have a stock one ;D ;D ;D

rcboatlover, how much for just 1 of them???

id love to have an extra

post a reply pleassss

JT- ditto here, im 14

those look like a great deal, howabout 75$ for both?

[lol, im kidding, wouldn't do that to all of you who are wantin' one of those engines :) ]

do you have an IMPBA "A" class at your club? if you're just fun running, .15s, .16s, and .18s will all directly replace .12s with no mods or new parts needed.

Joe

yeah next year we are goin to start the "A" class and me and my dad have already gotten my .12 mono ready and it prob. goes close to 40mph

sure is fast!

if my club starts an "A" class, you know what's gonna take top honors, driven by just about anyone including me................................................................................

[move][SIZE=23pt][glow=red,2,300]HAMMERHEAD .12!![/glow][/SIZE][/move]

Joe

yeah probably so but im not running a hammerhead

a guy in our district makes boats for a living and he and my dad are really good freinds and he just sent me a .12 mono rtr except for engine and radio that was it! He makes all kinds of boats from tunnel to crackerboxes and all in-between

Jt1, you and Laxmasta shoud buy them and split them up! :) When you told me your age I almost cut you a deal, I had to sleep on it. Sorry but the sleep was not in your favor. :D I remember how it was at that age. I was into electric RC cars and spent every dime I had. Will I sell just one? Sorry but no it the same answer. I would like to get rid of them at the same time. Figure most would like to have both anyway.

What I will do for you is ask my brother about his TRX .15 marine engine collection! He has three new ones and one used. He might let the used one go for $25.00 + $5.00 shipping. I know it is still over your budget but you might beable to beg mom for the extra chash since it's for your dad. :) It would probably be a better choice since parts are so easy to find. The engine is in good shape with only 1/3 gallon threw it. I'll call him tonight and ask.

It's a shame you diden't live closer to me or they would have been your hands. I would have let them go for cheaper if I could have seen them run.

He's not driving a Hammerhead yet either! There are only 3 in existence right now with a few more almost done at the Shop. I told him that might sell him a "Second" that we have partially done now. We have a few that weren't up to our specs that need someone with time to finish where the Laser didn't cut all the way through. My Sister didn't re-focus the Laser when we went from one thickness of wood to another.

How about a Senior Citizens Discount? ;D

Those HB motors aren't too bad, I had one in a Dumas mono that I bought for others to play with.

ron, i am too driving an HH .12!!!

all i have to do is close my eyes and take deep breaths..... ;D

yea, i guess i should have told y'all when i posted that- the HH .12 hasn't hit the market yet, so Eric Olson's the only kid lucky enough to have his hands on one yet. [at least the only kid under 18 :) ] Jt1, got any spare parts you want to sell? i could take some stuff off your hands so you could afford an engine if you do. the guy to buy engines from is hammerhead, he sold me a REX .21 [basically a Rossi .21] for 50$! he also sells brand new OS .21s for 100$, and with the HH .12 experiment he may have a .12 engine lying around.

Joe

Yeah, me too! I haven't had the TX in my hands either yet while it's on the water. Eric is getting better at giving me feedback on how it's handling while I watch it run. I've got a little surprise coming for it that I will probably have ready by the time the fun day comes around. I don't think that Marty even knows about it yet. If Wade has his done, it could go on his boat.

Back