$10,000.00 IN PRIZES

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight, I found out some things about this race. From offers from some, our prize list will exceed $12000.00. Also, entrants are coming from Europe and California besides everywhere else. I have told many to get your entry in NOW. We are closing in on being half full for this race. Registration will not last until the published cut off. Please READ the entry form. As Bruce has said, this is a three day race with everything running on Friday besides the twins. WOW, this will be BIG.Stu
hey stu, will you be my p.r. man for the celina race??? :D your getting these entries way too early and filling it up too quickly. i think they all should wait a while! ;)

dan

The INDY MODEL BOAT CLUB has partnered with the City of Hobart to host the INDY MASTERS this year on September 18, 19 and 20th. Hobart is located about 45 minutes southeast of Chicago. At the time the flyer was done we anticipated an $8,000 prize listing. As of this morning, it has grown to $10,000 and we are not done yet. Flyer is now posted on IMPBA's site. There is a limit of 225 boats, so best enter NOW to secure your spot. Hotels are listed on the flyer. I recommend that you reserve now because of other events in the area. Winners of classes will get a really nice embroidered jacket. Also, these prizes have been confirmed for the following classes:B HYDRO Blackbird 21 hydro

D HYDRO CMB 45HR motor

E HYDRO CMB 67HR motor

F HYDRO Jaguar 91 hydro

SPORT 20 Phil Thomas sport 20

SPORT 40 Phil Thomas sport 40

1/8 SCALE CMB 67HR motor

RTR New style Miss Vegas

B SPORT 20 OUTBOARD VS-1

OPEN OUTBOARD CMB 21RS outboard

OPEN MONO New style F mono from Micro Burst

OPEN GAS Zenoah G260 PUM

GAS CAT Zenoah G260 PUM

UNLIMITED Futaba 2.4 Radio

MULTI-ENGINE 2 CMB 101RS's or nitro motors of your choice

There will be 2 raffles also with some really nice stuff.

See you in HOBART!

Stu Barr
Great race shaping up.

Will the scale hydro class run for 5 rounds total points? I hope so.

You have a high point trophy for top points with 2 boats, so if only three qualifiers are run for points and a consi and final that knocks scale out of that possible trophy.

I plan to bring scale, sport 20, and sport 40 hydro

PHIL T

The INDY MODEL BOAT CLUB has partnered with the City of Hobart to host the INDY MASTERS this year on September 18, 19 and 20th. Hobart is located about 45 minutes southeast of Chicago. At the time the flyer was done we anticipated an $8,000 prize listing. As of this morning, it has grown to $10,000 and we are not done yet. Flyer is now posted on IMPBA's site. There is a limit of 225 boats, so best enter NOW to secure your spot. Hotels are listed on the flyer. I recommend that you reserve now because of other events in the area. Winners of classes will get a really nice embroidered jacket. Also, these prizes have been confirmed for the following classes:B HYDRO Blackbird 21 hydro

D HYDRO CMB 45HR motor

E HYDRO CMB 67HR motor

F HYDRO Jaguar 91 hydro

SPORT 20 Phil Thomas sport 20

SPORT 40 Phil Thomas sport 40

1/8 SCALE CMB 67HR motor

RTR New style Miss Vegas

B SPORT 20 OUTBOARD VS-1

OPEN OUTBOARD CMB 21RS outboard

OPEN MONO New style F mono from Micro Burst

OPEN GAS Zenoah G260 PUM

GAS CAT Zenoah G260 PUM

UNLIMITED Futaba 2.4 Radio

MULTI-ENGINE 2 CMB 101RS's or nitro motors of your choice

There will be 2 raffles also with some really nice stuff.

See you in HOBART!

Stu Barr
Great race shaping up.

Will the scale hydro class run for 5 rounds total points? I hope so.

You have a high point trophy for top points with 2 boats, so if only three qualifiers are run for points and a consi and final that knocks scale out of that possible trophy.

I plan to bring scale, sport 20, and sport 40 hydro

PHIL T
I think 5 rounds with the top six boats from the round race together. With your first three round going toward District 14 points. Just like the Internats format Great Ideal Phil :)

I think 5 rounds with the top six boats from the round race together. With your first three round going toward District 14 points. Just like the Internats format Great Ideal Phil :)
I think you might have read what Phil posted backwards. He is noting a consi/finals format could knock scale out of high points totals and is hoping for 5 rounds of just heat racing for scale to which I agree with him.

The Internats US-1 format for 1/8 scale is 5 rounds of heat racing, not a final with top 6. The current rules for 1/8 scale that are posted on the IMPBA site are outdated and incorrect.

I think you might have read what Phil posted backwards. He is noting a consi/finals format could knock scale out of high points totals and is hoping for 5 rounds of just heat racing for scale to which I agree with him.

The Internats US-1 format for 1/8 scale is 5 rounds of heat racing, not a final with top 6. The current rules for 1/8 scale that are posted on the IMPBA site are outdated and incorrect.
They can take all 5 rounds for dist points. Ill let the scale dist director decide that.

I got the 2 boat high point Presidents Cup at the Internats with my scale and sport40 last year so it can be done.

My father and I entries will be sent out tomorrow morning ;) Cant wait to meet some of you guys on here!

Larry Jr.

Entry fee sent for 2 classes.

. Sport 40

. B-Tunnel

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Jack Land

Tonight, I found out some things about this race. From offers from some, our prize list will exceed $12000.00. Also, entrants are coming from Europe and California besides everywhere else. I have told many to get your entry in NOW. We are closing in on being half full for this race. Registration will not last until the published cut off. Please READ the entry form. As Bruce has said, this is a three day race with everything running on Friday besides the twins. WOW, this will be BIG.Stu
Great job by you guys/gals promoting this race,Hobart will never be the same.

They can take all 5 rounds for dist points. Ill let the scale dist director decide that.

I got the 2 boat high point Presidents Cup at the Internats with my scale and sport40 last year so it can be done.
3 rounds a consi and a final that makes 5

Great job by you guys/gals promoting this race,Hobart will never be the same.
Stu and Bruce, is Hobart ready for what they will have? Looks to be the best of the best and

then some. Hope my entry is in on time. WOW!

Mark;

Stu and Bruce are on their way to Atlanta right now and wont be able to reply until they get back.

carl

The city of Hobart has gone way out to get this race at their site, so hopefully we won't do anything to embarrass ourselves too bad. If we pull this off, it has the potential to be better next year. They don't have a go-kart track in the area, so we should be ok. If you think you are coming, get your room now, as this area has alot going on that weekend. Also, any one with experience with getting the T-shirts silk screened and ordered in my area, I would need some assistance in this, as I haven't done this yet. I have the basic art work done, just need the best place to get them.

The city of Hobart has gone way out to get this race at their site, so hopefully we won't do anything to embarrass ourselves too bad. If we pull this off, it has the potential to be better next year. They don't have a go-kart track in the area, so we should be ok. If you think you are coming, get your room now, as this area has alot going on that weekend. Also, any one with experience with getting the T-shirts silk screened and ordered in my area, I would need some assistance in this, as I haven't done this yet. I have the basic art work done, just need the best place to get them.
Where is Hobart? Is this a small town? After putting on the nats in San Jose, CA I think realized it is probably better to choose a small town rather than a Top 10 Big City to have large events. Big Cities just have way too much going on to even care about smaller events so they beat you up with fees and with no caring if you have the even or not.

But I think smaller towns that could use events like this supplement spring festivals and carnivals should be much more receptive. This is probably the direction all of us should take when deciding on a location for large events. Especially if you are hoping for city support. Working with Re-Development Agency and City Management Team in San Jose I have learned that Federal, State government provide funding to cities to host city events. In larger cities, the city spreads the fund around to neighborhook associations. That is where the funding comes from to hold Block Parties like in New York, NY or the Tamale Festival in San Jose, CA. Keep this in mind and you may be able to sniff out the funds needed to make a run of the mill event into a spectacular. In smaller towns you may have less to compete with as far as these funds go. Put on a good event for the racers "AND" spectators you will broaden your audience of acceptance. You may want to invite some city officials and maybe include some type of quick spectator event. At the Grand Prix Classic we have every year, we used Zig Zag Racers from Horizon Hobby that the spectators could win in a raffle pulling to race against the mayor. I think Reef Racers from Aquacraft have also been used by others. It was a simply race to the start finish buoy and back. All the participants got to take their boats home and the winner recieved a second larger prize. In our case it was a ProBoat. Maybe even if you have local news people you can invite them, a city official for the spectators to race against. That may earn you some television coverage as well. Don't forget to invite the local newspaper to at least cover it. Since the city is behind it you may even be able to request a lead-in article announcing the event. Send them a good story, highligting how many entries, how fast they go, the different states people are coming from as well as highlighting a local competitor or two and you just may get free promotion from the local newspaper as a nice lead-in article. If you are interested, I can even send you the press release that I use. It is a basic boiler plate template that would allow you to simply plug in the names, and locations that are relevant to your event. All this will contribute to giving the right supporters in the right place to make sure you can have it next year.

Good Luck Bruce and Stu... and like I said... nice job things look to be shaping up well.

Me an my Brother mailed them today. RTR's and a 21 OutRigger. What is the boat count so far? All together not by class.

Bruce

I heard at Atlanta that you are adding Classic Thunderboat to the line-up at Hobart. I never got a chance to ask you directly. Is this true?

DonB

If we have a class that does not make the cut, we will then add the classic thunder boat class to replace it. I have to wait till this weekend to see what may not make it. I would like to run all the classes, but I have to keep the list short to have classes that will make the show great for the town, include the 5 classes we have in the series points race and then classes to draw in drivers. If the multi engine drivers drive that hard for a trophy as they did at Atlanta, it should be quite a show in Hobart for 2 CMB motors and a jacket.

Latest posts

Back