• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1/8th Scale Hydroplane- Kevlar/ Carbon throughout!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
This is most likely a one off Kevlar 1/8th scale kit that makes boats like the 87-93 Miss Budweiser. It is complete with hull, cowlings, windshield, tail feathers, horizontal rear wing and the hull is full kevlar/ epoxy resin with Carbon fiber reinforcement. Hull is around 45" in length. PLENTY of room for a 10s FE setup or the traditional Nitro .67 setup. Hull is extremely lightweight. I am selling this for a friend and we are asking (PRICE DROPPED TO)- $550 shipped in the continental usa. Please post dibs here. This is also listed on OSE. My paypal is [email protected]. Thanks, Mike Luszcz

2012-06-19_17-06-53_762.jpg

2012-06-19_17-07-14_570.jpg

2012-06-19_17-07-42_23.jpg

2012-06-19_17-07-52_358.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi MIke- That's a Falk marine Bud Hull. I bought one of those back in the 90's from Falk MArine and never finished it. My Brother got it together a few years ago as the Madison (Turbine) It has since been sold. The hull is VERY light weight. When set up correctly and with a little reinforcing they are very fast.

Hey Fred,

I still see John's Madison up on RCUnlimiteds.org. Do you know who has the boat now? Last I heard it was in Portland, Or. Thx

Mike, this is my Falk marine hull same as you are selling. Ran as a nitro since 1995.

Here is a video of my other Falk which is fe powered

This is a good hull.and the plug originated from the Budweiser workshop!!

I sold the Madison to Pat Bristol a couple years ago. Here is a video of it.

I bought the Falk Marine Madison from JWO, I do believe mine is one of the very first to be made as it has very little carbon fiber in it, and that is it's only weakness. The one for sale here seems to have more carbon in all the places needed. Mine is week from side to side and the rear deck is very week. Kevlar is great, as it’s strong and flexible but needs to have carbon fiber in structural and large flat areas. I also think the hull needs to have a carbon tube through the spar wing and the bow blocks, tied into the canoes to make the hull ridged from side to side.

That hull runs very well and maintains great speed through the corners due to the light weight. Keep in mind that Kevlar is a pain in the a@@ to repair, unlike S- glass and carbon fiber, Kevlar does not absorb the resin, it encapsulates it, which is why it’s light and flexible, so when you damage it you get exposed Kevlar fiber and you have to repair with glass or carbon over it.

I bought the Falk Marine Madison from JWO more for the RCU registration then the hull itself, but if I was looking for that hull I would buy the one listed here on IW, it’s just a great running hull design.

Here is Pat Bristol's take on this hull that he posted in the thread about 1/8 sponsons non-trip set that were for sale in another thread. He has great comments as well about this hull....... ;)

Miss Bud 87-91 is the main direct build hull. With cowling or cockpit. With cowling, cockpit, tiplet mods you can make a the 8806 and 8808, and probably 9299 hulls. Mike

Mike,

I noticed that the hull has an offset, is this set up for left or right hand coarse racing? Also would you accept $475.00? Shipping would be to SC not AK (I am moving next month).

Scott

Scott, Sending PM now. Thanks, Mike

This hull is set up for normal 1/8th scale clockwise racing. The cowling is offset to the left so it still looks like a full size, which I am sure is what spawned your question!

Payment received Scott. Mike will help me get the boat shipped to you. Be sure to send him your address. Enjoy the boat. Let us know how it goes. Should be very fast.... ;)

Congrats Scott. Sweet boat. Might I suggest the 91-93 Budweiser paint scheme. Its tricky but well worth it in the end. Have fun :)

In that hulls pictured configuration, you can only do the 91-94 Bud. To do the 8806, 8808 or earlier versions of the Bud, you would have to rework the entire cockpit and/or engine cowl set up and posibly remove the tiplets. I would recommend that you do some research so you will know if it's the T-2 or T-3 as they had some not so obvious differences between the hulls such as the tunnel width and graphics. You might want to contact Hgatjens here in the forum as he's one of the most knowledgeable people I know of when it comes to the Bud boats

Back