• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1/8th Scale for Sale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sport hydro

I have a 1994 Smokin Joes 1/8th scale

Phil Thomas hull

Paint by Larry Hottenstein (RC Painter)

Graphics by Mike McKnight

Comes as seen. Radio box has servos and hardware, no receiver or battery, A/A 67 pipe. Header not included.

Came in second in concourse at Hobart in 2013

Some minor pint dings on cowling.

$750.00 plus shipping in lower 48

PICT0015.JPG

PICT0016.JPG

PICT0018.JPG

PICT0019.JPG

I have a 1994 Smokin Joes 1/8th scale

Phil Thomas hull

Paint by Larry Hottenstein (RC Painter)

Graphics by Mike McKnight

Comes as seen. Radio box has servos and hardware, no receiver or battery, A/A 67 pipe. Header not included.

Came in second in concourse at Hobart in 2013

Some minor pint dings on cowling.

$750.00 plus shipping in lower 48

Chris,

PM me and we can talk. The price is what is listed. Wayne would like it but I cannot find a way to ship it to Australia for a reasonable cost.

Well that is disappointing. Not sure where you are in relation to Phil Thomas but below is what he found out to ship that very hull to me (bare hull)

Global Express Guaranteed® (GXG)**

Value of contents can not exceed $2,499.00
See Service Guide Before Mailing
Min. length 9-1/2", height 5-1/2"
Max. length 46", width 35", height 46" and max. length plus girth combined 108"
1 - 3 business days to many major markets

$319.65
Post for a box 44 x24x6 = 104 length girth

Plus what ever the smaller box cost but it would not be oversize.

Try USPS I ship 1/8 scale pro boats to england for $197.00 priority mail gets there in 11 days

I have been on the USPS site and when I enter the dimentions listed by Wayne it tells me the package is too large to be mailed.

FED EX site says they can do it for $369.00 USD but all they ask for is weight. No box size.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scales are tuff to ship., costs about $50 just for packing. Then the guy on the other end complains. Then its $150 to ship in north america, again, more complaining. Then I worry it gets there, more complaining about the time. Ya can't win.Its a bit better when they are unfinished. Finding a bike box or a guitar box big enough is always tough. I prefer to just deliver to the states, usually to the northwest. Otherwise, they just accumulate in my basement, lol

Deal of the week here in any case, maybe even the year!!!!! Costs about $1500-$2000 to build this as it sits.

I have been on the USPS site and when I enter the dimentions listed by Wayne it tells me the package is too large to be mailed.

FED EX site says they can do it for $369.00 USD but all they ask for is weight. No box size.
it is for prioitymail youhave to find the global express rate, oh and that was just for the hull youwould have to pack the cowl,wing parts in a smaller box. Finding boxes is a pain too the bike shop boxes will work but youhave to cut them down to fit the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gday Guys

Yep its not worth the hassel to ship them down here to Australia when the guys ***** about the packing & shipping cost!!

Bert sent my twin-wing to me here in Australia with UPS, the shipping cost was close to $900 USD but it was here with in 4 days & thanks to Berts perfect packing the boat was undamaged safe and sound.

1/8th's are a big boat with lots of parts that can be damaged ......so take that into thought when packing the boat!!!, As boat will be several times, Squashed , stood on and what not!!.

Is it worth the hassel???

You are all right. I am extremly worried about it getting damaged. That is why as much as I would like to sell it to Wayne, I just can't do it.

Sorry Wayne.

Thanks for that brad. like i have said previous, the T plus cost around 400 to ship and no damage what so ever. No difference in shipping internally to us except price Which has been shown to be around 400 with two boxes

No WORRIES Wayne!!
You have had how many 1/8ths shipped over? Whats the count now days One is it??

Ed" I know where your coming from mate, I have had 5x off 1/8TH’s shipped over now, two have been damaged out of the 5.

Both the ones that come over damaged came over using SHIPNEX, who subcontract their work out to DHL & FedX, then once in Australia subcontracted out again to any old dickhead!!

And its a super huge pain if they are insured to get reimbursed your money. Both time Yes I used paypal but didn’t lodge a claim with Paypal and get my moneys back that way as it wasn’t the sellers fail they got damaged, so why should the seller be out of pocked till the claim is payed out.

The others have come over using UPS, they are more expensive but at least you know they take care of the goods.

True only one, but a lot more smaller boats 45 size and 21 size and none of mine have been damaged. The only boat that i have had damage on was shipped from victoria. Any shipping has risks.

I wouldn't use UPS to ship a bag of marshmallows. They would wind up in another state of matter.

Back