1/8th Scale Cowling Needed

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missbudpilot55

Hey guy's does anyone know of a supply source for a cowl in 1/8th scale for the 1988 Mr. Pringles U-8 full canopy turbine cowl. I plan on building all three of the

"Mr. Pringles" boats, but can't find a source for the 1988 full canopy turbine cowl.

I believe it is very simular to the "Super Golf" & "Ultra Bold" of 1991 and the 1992

"Tide", but is not as tall in the intake scoup area. Can any one help on this one?

Thanks,

Bill Diedrich

Ventress, LA.

No he doesn't offer it at all, I'm working with Dick Caspari of Thunderboat Reproductions to see if he can modify the 1992 Tide cowl.

Is this the cowling your looking for on this scale Pringles here??? It's in a little rough shape but with some work it could be mold ready. I should be getting the boat next week from James. I'll loan it to you if you need it.

I was looking around and that looks alot like the 89 u-11 us west cellular boat I could be wrong though its not a good pic

Thanks for the offer Rodney, but the cowl doesn't look correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
missbudpilot55 said:
Looks like the cockpit is to far aft of the front wing.
Actually if you closely at Rodney's pic, the fix should be pretty basic with a new windshield & reshaping the nose just over the wing. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill (Missbudpilot55)

Thanks so much for the pictures you sent me. Any how, I'll be reworking my cowl because when DHL sent it to me, they jaska$$ must have stood on it and crushed it. It's an easy fix but they weakened it which is really bad since I'll have to constantly take it on and off for refueling and starting. Wish I new how to make a new one myself because this one probably won't last two long.

Also, Missbudpilot55:

are you buying all new graphics from Pacific Graphics?? I need a new Pringles logo for the rear wing, the one of the face. Any way to get just that??

I was looking around again and if you look at newtons page its the same hull and cowl as the 1997 Llumar window film boat

Back