1/8 Scales in the Northwest (R/C U, UNW): All NAMBA?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the facts are in. Preparation has been made and this is what I know.
1. Boat modelers are the best people around.

2. NAMBA and APBA folks are very courteous.

3. I miss racing already.

4. I would like to repeat in 2008.

5. I would like to win the NATS in 2009

For the rest of the details I look forward to seeing you in Ellensburg on Dec 8.

Happy Holidays to you all ! !

Bill
Hi Bill,

What time is the board meeting...

Marty

For the rest of the details I look forward to seeing you in Ellensburg on Dec 8.

Bill
Hi Bill,

What time is the board meeting...

Marty
I think it's Noon at the Palace in e'burg. Saturday.

DJ

P.S. - Hopefully someone will confirm!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill
Well...the good news is, nothing beats a Brandt.

The bad news is, nothingg beats a Brandt!

Have a great one, Bill (and Dave, and all the Brandt Fam))!

Thanks for all the good work that you guys are doing for us.

I miss running too- there is nothing quite like scale unlimited racing.

From the pictures in my email, and the hull on my jig, it seems that we are going to have a very interesting fleet next season.

So keep those skates sharp, Bill! Real sharp.

Happy Holidays to all!

Marc & Mary

Bill
Well...the good news is, nothing beats a Brandt.

The bad news is, nothingg beats a Brandt!

Have a great one, Bill (and Dave, and all the Brandt Fam))!

Thanks for all the good work that you guys are doing for us.

I miss running too- there is nothing quite like scale unlimited racing.

From the pictures in my email, and the hull on my jig, it seems that we are going to have a very interesting fleet next season.

So keep those skates sharp, Bill! Real sharp.

Happy Holidays to all!

Marc & Mary
RCU's board meeting will be at Wayne Central's Roadhouse Grill at noon. This is thw place just off Canyon on the road to the race site. Third name for the restauant in the past four years. I think it was last called the Matterhorn

RCU's board meeting will be at Wayne Central's Roadhouse Grill at noon. This is thw place just off Canyon on the road to the race site. Third name for the restauant in the past four years. I think it was last called the Matterhorn

See: www.rcunlimiteds.org/ for the reslults of Saturdays meeting. (to be posted shortly)

DJ

As there will be lots of discussion regarding the politics around the insurance issue, I would like to bring the discussion around to the economic component. Because of the way NAMBA issue's race site insurance (one set fee per race site for all NAMBA races per year) as a group the clubs can all lower costs if we were all NAMBA. As an example, in 2007 RCU,UNW, E-rcu and the District 8 group all held races at the Twin Lakes race site. If we all had been under the same insurance carrier we would have cut those fees in half. As someone that races my scale boats in both RCU and UNW I currently have to pay insurance premiums to both carriers, under the one carrier scenario I would have enough dollars left in my racing budget to pay the entry fees for three more RCU races that under the duel insurance option I would not be able too attend. There are many other examples of how a single insurance carrier in the NW would benefit all racers financially. So just from the economic standpoint I would cast my vote for RCU to go with NAMBA.Marty
Marty makes a very good point here regarding NAMBA insuring by site. When I first looked at this issue as it impacted E-RCU (we are currently APBA), I was comparing that to the new APBA $100 per event. If indeed the NAMBA insurance is issued to a site owner for use by NAMBA members and NAMBA Clubs, then it makes good economic sence. Furthermore, should this truly be the case, then it would behove the separate clubs involved to put their heads together and determing which club applies for which site so that all are covered at an equitable cost to each.

Back