1/8 scale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisblaker

I'm looking for the plans for the speedy printer 1/8 scale dose any one have them I could buy ur have

One thing to remember is there was several boats that had the Speedy Printing Sponsorship. Off the top of my head, I can remember hull numbers 7325, 7612 and the ever popular 8255 all carried it at some point during the first half of the 1980s

If you want a glass boat Jeff Snell makes are great 8255 boat. Corner like they are on rails and an open design that makes equipment installs and maintenance a breeze. See my gallery for photos

attachicon.gif
unnamed (1).jpg This?
I make the 82U55, Mikeys boat is one of my hulls

http://www.metimeliverc.com/HobbyShop/PhilThomasHydros/tabid/236/agentType/View/PropertyID/17/Default.aspx

Guys I have the boat it's wood hull the guy who was build it he died so this wife give it to me it's half build nothing is laid out and nothing is cut all I need to do is put the tops on and put to two pieces on the bottom I need the plans so I can cut it out right

Guys I have the boat it's wood hull the guy who was build it he died so this wife give it to me it's half build nothing is laid out and nothing is cut all I need to do is put the tops on and put to two pieces on the bottom I need the plans so I can cut it out right
The plans wont be much help as the dont really show the panels, you should get the paint drawing it will show the graphics.

If the frame is together just make some patterns of cardboard for the bottom, make a square jig with the bottom angle and glue the frame to the bottom pieces. Do the same for the top decks after all the bottom is on and the sponson bottoms and sides are done. When you glue on the top decks have the hull sitting on a flat table and it will be square and not have a twist in it, after the decks are on it will not twist.

I do have a good epoxyglass cowl for that boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the bottom is already on. In talking with Chris, I think it just needs the top skins. This boat was built by Fred Rodas from D1 if anyone remembers him. He passed away a few years back.

Chris, I would get ahold of Dick Thompson. He might even be able to finish it for you.

Back