1/8 Scale "Lobster"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Guest_BUCKSHOT

Dose anyone have one of the Winston Egale "lobster" boats form rc marine designs? If so how well do you like it/ dose it run? If I'm seeing this thing right it's basically an outrigger with wings!!! If set up right it HAS to run.

-buck_

I've got one of Phil's U-10 lobster hulls. Well built & yes they run good. A bit touchy in the turns, more so than most scales I've driven. I spent ALOT of time on rudder & turn fin configurations to get mine where I like it. It runs as good as any well set up scale boat, no real superior traits because it looks like a rigger with tail feathers. Maybe doesn't blow over quite as easy as some full deck boats. I like it because it's cool looking & I hate boring looking scale boats. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Don i will brag for you Don set the IMPBA 1/4 mile oval record this year with the Wiston Eagle at the VA. time trials.

Don is right about it being touchy in the turns it can turn so tight that you have to really be sure to trim the rudder throw to go around the bouys not inside them.

Dick Tyndall makes the best turn fin for the Winston, which is what Don uses.

PHIL

Thanks Phil! Yes my R/C Marine Designs U-10 Winston Eagle "lobster" does hold the IMPBA 1/4 oval record. A tough course to run as the turns are 1/2 as wide as normal 1/3 oval course. You got to cut a mean line in these corners for sure! B)

Buckshot. i can honestly say that it is a fast boat when setup right,and will hug the buoys real tight. I have raced against Don and once the Winston gets in lane 1 forget about it...... This boat also looks good in the concourse competition because it is a different type of scale hull.

I am currently building this boat for next season.

I have not had a chance to try this boat yet but I can tell you that the quality and craftsmenship of this boat is second to none.

The kit is very well laid out and the instructions are easy to follow all of which makes building the boat that much easier.

But then again what else would you expect it's a Phil Thomas boat .

Tim

Don,
  Rumor has it your "retiring" your Lobster?
Well, let's just say it's hanging on the wall along with it's world record certificate. It is still fully set up down to battery pack so it's semi-retired at best. All I do is drop a motor & pipe in, charge batt. & she's race ready. I've got 2 other scale hulls that have been sitting idle for a bit while I had fun with the lobster. I'd at least like to get them on the water this year so she's temporarily on stand by. :D

ampba 237 said:
does the cowling packag from phils fit the rodger newton plans if so iwould be wanting one for mine. :D
The cowl should fit the plan but you could get the cowl and build the hull to fit the cowl, it should be real close in width.

Better yet just buy the whole thing from me..

PHIL

Latest posts

Back