1/4 scale tunnel CMB 100 lawless lower unit. What servos needed?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Fenelon

Im building up a 1/4 scale tunnelhull with a CMB 100 power head , tune pipe and lawless lower unit. I'm looking at buying the radio gear for it now. I have 2x Hitec 1/4 scale HS-805bb+ (large servos) and I would use one for steering. Is this the servo I should be using for steering? if not what is the right servo? Also for throttle, I presume Id need a standard size servo, Also Im looking for transmitters and receivers on ebay, and i would use 2.4GHZ system. I was looking at a Futaba. Any sugestions to what radio to look at to buy for this boat?. Any help apreciated, im new to the sport. Dan.

Dan,

What setup are you using for mounting the 101 to a Lawless?

I'am using two hitec hs5755 mg with 347 oz of torque , I would rather have to much than to little .

Shane

Thanks for all the feedback. The CMB bolts straight onto the Lawless leg usingRetallick Engineering adapter bellhousing. Has anyone got any photos of the twin servo set up for steering that has been mentioned?

Thanks for all the feedback. The CMB bolts straight onto the Lawless leg usingRetallick Engineering adapter bellhousing. Has anyone got any photos of the twin servo set up for steering that has been mentioned?
Dan,

Thats what I use as well. Ken's stuff is high quality for sure. I use twin servo setup as well and mounted side by side. A simply y connector will tie both servos together to share the same connector on your receiver.

Use 2 y connectors for your twin servo set up and run the rx power into them and then into the rx. There is plenty of info on rcu that explains this in the gas ob thread. Link the servo horns as well

Back