Say it aint so -

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Sooo , I just finished watching the announcement of the new 2017 "Enhancements" for Nascar- Monster Cup Winston Low Energy High Drama Makemup as We Go TimeOut Dual Gender Natural Habitat Series-

I hope the new "whatever" works good enough to make MTJ the 2017 Champ when its all said and done and he smokes everyones azz like he did last year , old school style. Till then , I/m done watching what used to be racing on tv-
default_happy.png

They keep it up and I will be forced to watch tennis

If I want to watch slotcars with NFL rules I will go race h.o. Slot cars and watch football at the bar.

This is the exact reason why main stream MILLION DOLLAR sports lose sight of what the true definition of the sport that started out was. money. I would like to talk to the genius that decided this will make racing better.. it will end up in fist a cuffs from someone like tony Stewart because. MY DRIVER WASIN 2nd at lap 76 and that is one more point. Really. Then they wonder why Indy car has died a slow, painful demise and the only race anyone watches is the Indy 500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or bowlng, maybe badminton or curling, now that's an exciting action sport. I do look forward to Daytona every year, helps with boredom of good 'ol Midwest winters. Thank goodness for some new boat builds/set ups this year!

Wallster

I wonder how much of this crap would be happening if Dale Sr. was still alive. Hasn't been the same since he left us and if it weren't for MTJ I'd stop following NASCAR altogether. What's next? Participation trophies?????

They do get participation trophies in the form of $, what do you think the start & park guys are doing? Having attended races & been a fan since compact & convertible classes, drivers with a pack of cigarettes rolled up in their T-shirt sleeve so they could smoke during cautions, & listening to the dashboard radio - I started losing interest when the Firecracker 400, Southern 500, World 600, etc. started being named after soft drinks, ins. companies, or anyone with a fat wallet. That & losing tracks like North Wilkesboro or Rockingham to "cookie cutter" 1 1/2 mile tracks. Yeah,yeah need better venues, but change is not always good & neither is polite/politically correct racing. NASCAR has a history of being "short track Saturday night", that's what made it stand out from other forms of racing & what made it so wildly popular. I really believe this polished, manipulated package they're trying to offer is losing more fans then they will gain in the long run. I think my first big loss of interest was the rule where the top 35 in points were assured of a starting position. Really???? That's not racing, racing is when you bring your best piece to the track, & if it's not fast enough you go home & make it faster. Past champions, provisionals - all crap & the start of what we're seeing now. I had hoped when they repealed the top 35 rule that there might be hope - yeah, right )-:

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I kinda like it. And this would be right up Dale Sr. alley. Crash em and take advantage of the 5 minute rule.

Not sure how much of a fan he woulda been in the 5 min rule/ considering-lol. But yeah- its starting to grow on me a bit - and I get it.

Just makes it a MF for Fantasy Racing ...... All the chit you knew before goes out the window- same for the Crew Chiefs - It will take a season or two to work that out- but it sure as hell takes normal strategy, and tosses it out the window. Makes normal thinking WAAAY outside the box as far as Pit STOPS. Adaptive Crew Chiefs are a must , If you had Road Coarse CC status- your ahead of the game.........

Think backwards counting laps..............
default_cool.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back