Windows

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ray

I have been using it on my laptop for months now. I have installed it on a desk top but didn't use it much.

On the laptop it has been stable, secure and fast. Has features of Windows 7 and also 8.1. Takes some getting use to the desktop screen and finding certain items on your computer.

I have been involved in the Windows insider program so I've had it for some time. It they don't change it any further it will be fine.

Hope this helps

Hi Jason, it is definitely more like 7 than 8. Had customers that were removing 8 and rolling back to 7 a couple years back. I am using the 10 pro version for what it's worth.

I have seen some software issues where it wasn't compatible with 10 but I'm sure they will resolve this.

To me the issues are the big changes on privacy. All the intrusive features are automatically turned on and Windows sets Microsoft programs as the defaults. It took a lot of digging to disconnect and reset everything to my way of doing things. The links here and here give you an idea of what's going on. That said, I'm a lot more concerned with the really annoying settings on my new Andriod phone. I expect it to send a text message on the sales from the store I'm passing in addition to all the preinstalled apps that try to get me to buy things. Otherwise the Windows 10 operating system runs very well. I especially like how it handles wireless connections.

Lohring Miller

To me the issues are the big changes on privacy. All the intrusive features are automatically turned on and Windows sets Microsoft programs as the defaults. It took a lot of digging to disconnect and reset everything to my way of doing things. The links here and here give you an idea of what's going on. That said, I'm a lot more concerned with the really annoying settings on my new Andriod phone. I expect it to send a text message on the sales from the store I'm passing in addition to all the preinstalled apps that try to get me to buy things. Otherwise the Windows 10 operating system runs very well. I especially like how it handles wireless connections.

Lohring Miller
yeah, if you're worried about that stuff, just make sure you don't do an "express" setup. you'll be able to manually set those options then.

Thanks for all the great responses.
default_cool.png

Back