20 Vegas boats at one race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SayMikey

A hard fought race with lotsa good boats,my son led the final for a few laps then dunked. WHAT A RACE

Attachments

• DSCF1494.jpg
    DSCF1494.jpg
    624.5 KB · Views: 1
wow,,,thats quite the rtr turn out...musta been a crap load of fun...cool picture for sure...

ac

That was one fun race with all of us battling each other and the wind...

Looking forward to the next time.

All the drivers i ran with were great.......

jack land

Hobbico

Outstanding! We just had 8 vegas' at our last club race. Great to see the support around the country!

Unfortunatly here in Florida RTRs are dieing out was a day we always have at least 8 boats now we are lucky to have three have no idea what is going on sure is a shame.

Unfortunatly here in Florida RTRs are dieing out was a day we always have at least 8 boats now we are lucky to have three have no idea what is going on sure is a shame.
Robert, i hope to get my butt goin soon, and then we need to start pumpin the class up again....maybe i can start messin with Ron Byrd...get him to run one....i think he's kinda like me in that he will race just about anything if it floats! Its not been much of a year for me as far as makin boat races...feel kinda bad about it, but things happen....RTR is such a fun class! :)

I see that all the boats have the wings and stickers on them.... is that what you mean?

I think what Grim is getting at is, they are all stock. Im not sure, but I assume thats what he is saying. keeps the class closer to each other, and makes it more fun racing.

its the wings.. good eye.. its just ONE of the things that makes this deal work.

Grim

wait... im lost... what about the wings? Tell us more about the event? How can I make ours more successful?

wait... im lost... what about the wings? Tell us more about the event? How can I make ours more successful?
Dang alot of vegas.. like cockroaches. kill one and 20 more pop out ..lol...just kidding. Ok at Celina race some didnt keep the stock tank and where belt started,but they took the guts out of the pullstarter. keep them on as apperiances. some had there engines tweaked. I'd ran mine in sport20 class since it has a .21 in it.

All i can say is when racers new and old watch them race some ask questions We run half mill some like it others dont,but when the clock ticks boats are all together for a good start. Its all about having fun and catching the leader,I did not dream we would have 20 boats but always have 10.Aaron Johnson the winner did not think he was going to win anything can happen and he did.

Evansville and IMPBA dist 14 are doing it right..

The boats remain stock except for the pesky problems the boat has.. the coupler, shafts, leaky tanks and what not..

If one wants to dress the boat up as there favorite unlimited or type of soda its encouraged… Mine is the Miss Vegas Deuce!.. o wait…………

The power system has to remain stock.. or at least that is the intent... Truth is I don’t think anybody cares to much if one gets inside the engine but the engine and pipe (the pipe has been questioned) that came with the boat.. or were available in the boat versions are what’s to be raced.

The RTR class is still in its infancy so we all have allot to learn..

Grim

The boats remain stock except for the pesky problems the boat has.. the coupler, shafts, leaky tanks and what not..

If one wants to dress the boat up as there favorite unlimited or type of soda its encouraged… Mine is the Miss Vegas Deuce!.. o wait…………

The power system has to remain stock.. or at least that is the intent... Truth is I don’t think anybody cares to much if one gets inside the engine but the engine and pipe (the pipe has been questioned) that came with the boat.. or were available in the boat versions are what’s to be raced.

Grim
Proublem Grim, Ron Olson brought this up and talked to joe. RTR classfications? IMPBA is very veg about that class. If you want you could bring in a proboat gas hydro to run agaist like a miss vegas duce? There so many different RTR out there.

The class offered in D14 is 'Sport RTR 18'. The rules pretty much limit it to Proboat or Aquacraft hydros with 18 engines or less. We are going to revise the rules and set them in cement this winter. When that happens we will share with other clubs and districts.

Grim
Proublem Grim, Ron Olson brought this up and talked to joe. RTR classfications? IMPBA is very veg about that class. If you want you could bring in a proboat gas hydro to run agaist like a miss vegas duce? There so many different RTR out there.

Its realy not a Proublem Nessa.. if you show up with anyting other then an 18 sport hydro you can not run it.. Jeff layed it out for ya.

Grim

Seems to me that in FL they had a stock and a mod miss Vegas class..

for best results just tweak these rules.

http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/techsupport/racing-guidelines-hydro.html

Grim

P.S. take a good look at the boats in the pic.. tell me what you see that you do not see in any other Vegas class run around the country. Truth is its part of the success of the class.
Unfortunatly, we couldnt get a stock class together here in the Tampa Bay area, so we ran a mod RTR class...i ran my Vegas stock for a long time, but its the same ol story...people started spending money for CVRM's, TZ,s Modding em..so much for a cheap class...id much rather race in a STOCK Vegas class, but as usual........ :rolleyes:

The power system has to remain stock.. or at least that is the intent... Truth is I dont think anybody cares to much if one gets inside the engine but the engine and pipe (the pipe has been questioned) that came with the boat.. or were available in the boat versions are whats to be raced.

Grim

Its realy not a Proublem Nessa.. if you show up with anyting other then an 18 sport hydro you can not run it.. Jeff layed it out for ya.

Grim
Grim it is a proublem. RTR class dont specfied what size or motor class at most. Some body can bring in a gas proboat or a rio gas and clean house with it. IMPBA is very veg on classfications on RTR's. I proubley bring in a aeromarine meanmachine.18 cat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back