20 Vegas boats at one race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grim it is a proublem. RTR class dont specfied what size or motor class at most. Some body can bring in a gas proboat or a rio gas and clean house with it. IMPBA is very veg on classfications on RTR's. I proubley bring in a aeromarine meanmachine.18 cat.

Nessa what we have WORKS dont worry IMPBA is behind times as usual in the rule dept.

They are NOT using impba rules.

You should really go read the rules about rtr production IF this is the rule? never too sure if it is anymore the way the rule book is updated.

Production RTR ( Alternative to Production ABS. Trial period 2005)

Technical Specifications

HULL - Boat hull must be of vacuum formed ABS plastic, wood, and/or fiberglass

Production RTR. All hulls must have positive buoyancy characteristics when operated, and

display colorful decals to enhance the spirit of this class. Hull lengths will be between 20 and

43 inches. Hulls may be separated by class types if sufficient boats are entered.

Propulsion and Control Systems

Single glow engines with a maximum displacement of 0.165 cubic inches may be utilized.

Starting method can be recoil or on board electric. External electric, belt start will not be

allowed. Exhaust system must remain in the stock condition as the boat was received in the

RTR box. All boats will exhibit positive engine control with full stop capability to insure

safe retrieval. Any aftermarket propellers may be used

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff

Please post the rules for Dist. 14 when you get them worked out

To many different standards out there now.

Thanks

Randall Cartright

wait... im lost... what about the wings? Tell us more about the event? How can I make ours more successful?
All i can say is when racers new and old watch them race some ask questions We run half mill some like it others dont,but when the clock ticks boats are all together for a good start. Its all about having fun and catching the leader,I did not dream we would have 20 boats but always have 10.Aaron Johnson the winner did not think he was going to win anything can happen and he did.
Very very true Mikey. I was content to run 2nd since you all got so far in front and the wind across the water was definately not being nice. I wont say how much I paid mother nature during the final :lol: :lol: :lol: . Was a great race, always enjoying racing fast and Jeff is def among one of the fastest, but we have ALOT of others starting to step up. Watch out next year, we could have 18 other boats knocking on our wings...lol. How's it go? Come catch us if you can :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

Nessa what we have WORKS dont worry IMPBA is behind times as usual in the rule dept.
Phil, here's a suggestion for you or anyone else who wants to post about the "IMPBA is behind times as usual in the rule dept."- how about STEPPING UP and contributing something (like actually WRITING a proposal) towards making things better instead of just bitching about it. It gets really OLD how often people who complain just want to sit on their butts rather than getting involved with coming up with SOLUTIONS to make things better. The only way to improve things is to get INVOLVED as we are all in this together.......

Phil, here's a suggestion for you or anyone else who wants to post about the "IMPBA is behind times as usual in the rule dept."- how about STEPPING UP and contributing something (like actually WRITING a proposal) towards making things better instead of just bitching about it. It gets really OLD how often people who complain just want to sit on their butts rather than getting involved with coming up with SOLUTIONS to make things better. The only way to improve things is to get INVOLVED as we are all in this together.......
I have been involved in rules before and did some input, Thanks. Maybe the .18 hydro rtr guys will do a proposal with their rules that seem to be working.

Don ,people have writen and no one is listening at IMPBA, people have got involved and gotton no were. Thats why people are bitching. You got to many big clubs like IMPBA and NAMBA out there with different rules. Wish they would all come together and make a set of rule that all will follow by. This is why we got conficks going on now.

Don ,people have writen and no one is listening at IMPBA, people have got involved and gotton no were. Thats why people are bitching. You got to many big clubs like IMPBA and NAMBA out there with different rules. Wish they would all come together and make a set of rule that all will follow by. This is why we got conficks going on now.
You are quite mistaken as I sit on the IMPBA board and see everything that gets submitted as do the other board members, if it's submitted we listen!! And getting on forums like this and complaining about either organization's rules solves nothing. If you have issues with how anything works you need to take it through proper channels and this venue is not one of them, start with your district director and go from there.

Open mouth insert foot. IMPBA listens do you know who your District director is? GO DON GO!!!!

This post seems to be heading off subject, the thing is that the RTR class is starting to become popular even with those running in higher classes. It's agreay way to start in the hobby and it's becoming competitive.

Now as far as rules, Sure there a lot of RTR's but I think it's just become the choice of staying with the hydro( Miss Vegas) it's just become more dominant then other RTRs. If someone wants a gas, electric, or super vee class then that's up to the club.

I haven't seen a problem with RTR class, the rules seem fair, but I'm starting to see that people are starting to go outside the rules and I think it's not the rules as much as it's no one really enforcing the rule. I wouldn't put anybody at fault it's just time to start buckleing down on it before it becomes an issue.

To me the class was made so any new comer can start racing with a rtr boat and it should be fair and even for all. Sure those with more experiance could try to get more from the boat , but if it goes outside the rule then it becomes unfair. It's just one class out of many and I hope it grows and not become subject to controversy thatS what will bring it down. Just my thoughts.

This post seems to be heading off subject, the thing is that the RTR class is starting to become popular even with those running in higher classes. It's agreay way to start in the hobby and it's becoming competitive.

Now as far as rules, Sure there a lot of RTR's but I think it's just become the choice of staying with the hydro( Miss Vegas) it's just become more dominant then other RTRs. If someone wants a gas, electric, or super vee class then that's up to the club.

I haven't seen a problem with RTR class, the rules seem fair, but I'm starting to see that people are starting to go outside the rules and I think it's not the rules as much as it's no one really enforcing the rule. I wouldn't put anybody at fault it's just time to start buckleing down on it before it becomes an issue.

To me the class was made so any new comer can start racing with a rtr boat and it should be fair and even for all. Sure those with more experiance could try to get more from the boat , but if it goes outside the rule then it becomes unfair. It's just one class out of many and I hope it grows and not become subject to controversy thatS what will bring it down. Just my thoughts.
My thought exactly. Very good post Jason.

So Rob does that mean your boats are faster or what

faster in a race would be more fun

Back