.12 Texan video

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Quarles

Supporting Member
Friends here is a quick video we took of the first test run with a stock motor running the smallest .12 car carb. I have several races coming up at high altitudes and wanted to see if the smaller carb will run OK and give me a little more consistancy. This is not the best place to run boats (kinda narrow and with a bend to the left), but was the smoothest water I could find (still not too smooth). You have seen comments about the importance of getting motors up to proper temp...in the video you will hear me say that the motor is running rich and then a short while later is finally gets up to temp and you can hear the very noticable increase in speed and RPM. This is the wire drive boat for those that have asked me about it.

Glenn

Glen

very nice, to bad there is no .12 class in OZ

one day i might still build .12 rigger to try

regards Aaron

Looks great Glenn B)

And I thought my test pond was tight, those banks look mighty unforgiving :blink:

Andy

Hi Glenn I would also like to see a pic of the wire drive if you don't mind....curious to see if there's a little bend or just straight .Gill

Hi Glenn I would also like to see a pic of the wire drive if you don't mind....curious to see if there's a little bend or just straight .Gill
Gill, there is a nice gentle bend that follows the same arc as the wire makes as it goes from the motor through the boot and into the strut (which is set to about zero angle). There has to be some bend in the wire or it will vibrate badly!!!!

Glenn

Glenn do you do your own shaft to stub shaft work??? I would be afraid to hang a spendy prop on my work! Also how is the twin Texan coming along?

Glenn do you do your own shaft to stub shaft work??? I would be afraid to hang a spendy prop on my work! Also how is the twin Texan coming along?
Yeah I make all my own shafts...and yes I have sent many of them to the bottom of the lake until I figured it out. The shaft you see in the picture is one I ran on my boat for awhile and then sent to Kently...it is the same shaft he has set both of the last two .12 SAW records with. We know it holds up to something over 90mph now!

I haven't played with the twin since the last videos I published a while back. It is running pretty good for just something I put together for fun.

Glenn

Glenn what diam wire is that & diam of the stub, i assume the stub runs in ball bearings. Did you join them with loctite or solder, also what diam wire would you use going up in size for .21 motors. Thanks Martin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glenn would you be willing to do a write up in the how to section on the wire drive? Please! !!! Thinking this would be great for my Orlic carbon 12!!!! Thanks Kevin ....

Back